Thursday 16 May 2013

Japanese Scene

Hello Everyone, and how are your all tonight, good I hope.  We have has a bit better weather today, sunny spells with only a few rain drops in the middle of the afternoon, Alistair was in the Cairngorms  and he had sleet, but if you will go up mountains what can you expect.

Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments, I love reading them and they are very much appreciated.
I kind of didn't know what to be up to today, I seemed to be doing a bit of this and a bit of that and not really settling to do anything of any great consequence, do you ever get days like that? I did however finish off a card, here it is;
Well I don't know what you will think of this effort 'cos now that I see it here it's giving me great amusement as I can see all the mistakes.
It's my take on a card that Erika (Snappy Crafts) made at the demo last Saturday, I loved her card and really wanted to have a go at it, but, unfortunately, I didn't have the same SB frame or the TH Distressing inks and my sun is rather misshapen, the frame I think I've put on the wrong way up.  However, on the up side, the stamp is lovely, I like my colours and embellishments and Alistair though it was all marvellous and so good he is going to let me have a look at his Japanese flower book, do you know I'm such a lucky girl, bless him.

Anyway here is what I used, the stamp is part of a 5 piece set from Inkadinkado. Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Squeezed lemonade, Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo Distressed inks. Core'dinations card, Paper from First Edition, Summer Breeze.  SB Decorative Labels 22. MB cloud die. Flower and pearls from my box. A little Star Dust on the flowers.
I will need to practise using the inks, they are not really looking smooth anyway it was a first go.
Off now to get a bit of knitting done.
Have a good evening and see you soon
Kate x


17 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

lovely card Kate xx

Rita said...

Kate your card is really stunning. Neil my son in Law is a climber too and loves the Cairngorms. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Kate. Love the stamp.

Unknown said...

This is really neat! I like how the image really pops with the bit of white around it. I only have one Distress Ink and I really like it, so I enjoyed seeing what you did with yours.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

rachel said...

I think your card is beautiful Kate - a real treasure - very oriental - just perfect. Glad your weather has been a little better - it got better here late in the evening - quite warm! My word - steady on! Hugs rachel x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate. I love the image and beautiful inked background.
hugs Sue xx

Teresa said...

Wow Kate this is gorgeous. What a great background, blended so beautifully. Teresa xx

Norma said...

WOW! such a gorgeous image and the whole setting is beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by my friend and enjoy the rest of your evening!!!
Hugs,
Norma

downrightcrafty said...

this is fabulous love the blending of the colours
Hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Kate, this is absolutely stunning I love all those colours, the stamp is wonderful giving the whole piece a rather Mystical feel.
Have a great day

Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
fabulous creation. Love your blending in of the inks. I think the sun looks great. When you look at the sun it has that sort of look to it. Super stamped image too.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate your card is lovely, I love the image a real Oriental feel to the whole card. I don;t think the sun is a perfect round shape anyway so you are closer to the real thing! Susan x

Pop's Cards said...

Just beautiful sweetie, hugs Pops x

Sue said...

Hi Kate this is lovely its really gorgeous have a great weekend hun huggles Sue xxxxxxx

pam said...

your card is gorgeous Kate, think you have done a fabulous job with the inks and stamping
pam

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, this has turned out beautifully Kate! You can't beat getting inky! xx

Sandy said...

Grand!! I love the image!!
Sandy