Sunday 5 January 2020

Angels or Fairies for CCC!

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year to You!! I do hope that you all had a wonderful Festive Season, and sending hugs and kind thoughts to anyone who was a bit sad and perhaps struggling a bit.

We had a lovely Christmas Day with Damian and Moreen and the animals. Milo and Rowan just knew there was something special going on and were hyper. We were joined this year by Moreen's brother, who had lost his wife very suddenly in the summer, it was just lovely. Alistair and Frankie found they shared a love of jazz and he played the guitar and insisted that Alistair went home for his fiddle, fine as we live very near Damian. So we ended up having a musical evening....that's a first.
Damian was very impressed by Alistair's playing, and loved the piece he played to round of the evening's music, The Ashokan Farewell, which some of you might know, its a beautiful piece of music. 
As for New Year, we struggled to stay up for the Bells, getting too old to bother now, but we managed and brought the year in with a Bailies.

Well, it's all over....thankgoodness, it's good to get back to normal, whatever that is lol.
I took a complete break from crafting, blogging and commenting, so that's why I've not been around. I've been knitting, reading and just chillin out. I think I was all carded out by the time I had made the last Christmas card, so much so that I almost missed the fact that The Christmas Card Club starts again today and I had nothing ready. But, I managed to get something together and found an Angel image from LOTV as that is the theme chosen by Grandmargaret.
The photograph isn't all that great, but by the time I had put it all together the light was fading. I was interrupted by phone calls, normally the phone never rings.  Anyway, coloured with Copic Markers with lots of WOS for the glitter. Distressed inked around the edges and tiny gems. I found some very old Papermania paper for the background and some blue card to mount the image on to. Lawn Fawn for the works. I hope it well do.

As I said I've not been commenting, but I have looked at all your lovely cards from my reading list. Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last card.  I'll need to see if I can whip up some enthusiasm as a friend has asked me to make her hubby a card for his 70th birthday.

Cheerio for now, take care,






39 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm pleased to read that you had a good Christmas Kate and it's lovely to see you back with us all again. The music sounds like fun and Ashokan Farewell is a favourite of mine and has been ever since I first heard it on an American Civil War programme. Your Christmas card is beautiful and I love the blue shading around the edges. Wishing you a very happy and colourful New Year xx

meg said...

A beautiful image and colouring Kate, she looks so serene and the words are perfect for her.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, glad to see I'm not the only one who took some time out over Christmas. Sounds like you had a lovely time too. Your card is beautiful. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous image. Really love your card.
Valerija xx

dutchess said...

Happy new Year Kate...let’s hope it’s a better one.....love the image and your colouring a great start to the new challenge ...hugs xxxx

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year Kate. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your Christmas break. Today's card is gorgeous and a fabulous start to 2020.
Lorraine x

rachel said...

A beautiful card Kate - your Christmas sounds perfect - and I love the musical sound of it! Happy New Year! Hugs rachel xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty angel card! Lovely! I did not blog or comment much over the holiday either. Your musical evening sounds very celebratory. Happy New Year!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year Kate.
A superb image and card for the theme this time. Like you I had not made any cards all through the festivities but now I'm thinking I should have used that time to get ahead with some orders that I have :/
Lorraine

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Happy New Year

Birgit said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas and that you were all together. You appreciate it more when someone you know and love is no longer there in mortal form. The angel image seems a good way to start the year and I love it. Happy New Year

Mia said...

Glad to see you back, Kate. And what a beautiful card you made! HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear friend.

Wendy L said...

Morning Kate. Happy New year to you.
Beautiful card and a lovely image, xxx

brenda said...

A delightful Angel image Kate and your use of soft colours surrounded by the blue inking really allows it to shine through.

A rather belated Happy New Year.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Such a lovely image and a gorgeous card Kate. Sounds as if you had a really great Christmas Day. Thank you for your Christmas card too, it was lovely. Take care. Hugs Christine xx

gwen70 said...

simply beautiful xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate, beautiful image, so sweet. Hugs, Shaz X

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year, Kate!! I'm so glad that you spent good time in the Holidays and that your hubby's musical talent has been so much appreciated!
Your card is a delight!!! Such wonderful soft feel, the LOTV image is really lovely and your whole design is fabulous!! Great colouring!
Big hugs!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card with a great image

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Sounds as if you had a great time...
Gorgeous Xmas card
Hugs Sylvie xx

Darnell said...

A lovely post to catch up with you, Kate, thank you! I can just imagine the great musical evening you all had! I, too, took a break and while it was wonderful, I find it is a bit hard to get back up to speed! You certainly did a marvelous job of pulling together your beautiful angel card for the challenge! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Katie, loving the beautiful angel.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your musical evening sounds like you had fun. We stayed up to watch the fireworks on the Thames that had been billed to be even better thsn before but were disappointed. There was a huge banket of smoke hung over it all so the cameras were not able to see through it.
Your quickie card looks perfect. Sometimes just getting on and doing it produces a better card than thinking it all through and then spending ages making it. Hugs Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your musical evening sounds just wonderful Kate, nothing beats an impromptu musical. We haven't done that since I'm a child. LOL.

A Super card, I love that image and with the blue it's perfect.
Faith x

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, glad you enjoyed your rest.
Happy New Year.
Pam x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
sounds like you had a great Christmas and a quiet New Year.
Beautiful card and that Angel is coloured wonderfully.
Love the starry background also.
Enjoy your beark.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pop's Cards said...

This is beautiful I love the background, hugs Pops x

Flo Langley said...

Happy New Year Kate!! Wishing you both all the very best for 2020. Sounds like you had a great time on Christmas Day. So pleased for you. Such a beautiful card.
Hugs Flo xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Happy New Year. Sounds like a lovely Christmas Day. Such a pretty card. Following your review of Cats I have seen a few people on FB saying they saw it and loved it so looks like another film that the critics hate and the audiences love.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, gorgeous card, so fresh...xx

Donna Ellis said...

Kate, your beautiful card reminds me of one of my childhood books. It's about a brother and sister being raised by their nanny because their mother is in Heaven with the angels looking down upon them. The image and colors are almost just like your card! It's a gorgeous Christmas creation! hugs, de

MiamiKel said...

beautiful card, Kate - wishing you peace, love and joy, too, for the new year! I hope you find your enthusiasm :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

Happy New Year Kate.
Such a lovely card...wishing you many blessing mf
x Karen

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a fabulous image - so pretty.
I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas day and a relaxing break - wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Happy new year Kate, good to read you had a lovely Christmas

You've designed a very serene, gorgeous card

June

Dortesjs said...

Fabulous card, and thanks for commenting on my blog

Sue said...

A lovely Angel and pretty pastel colors. Sometimes you just need to step away for awhile and take a break from it all or it gets mundane.

Hugs
Sue

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, I have just seen this beautiful card. It is
so...pretty. Love the image and the colour you have
chosen. Hope you are well.
Hugs Jennifer xx.