Friday 31 January 2020

LOTV Sympathy Card!

Hello Everyone, I hope all goes well for you and looking forward to another weekend. It's come around so quickly. We have nothing much planned, but will go out and have a lunch somewhere tomorrow.

I'm still enjoying my Aqua classes, and I do believe my knees are getting easier, well the pain is still there, but my movements are easier. I would suppose that my muscles are strengthening. I try and go to three session a week, and it seems to be plenty. I still don't seem to be able to walk all that far before my legs tighten up, especially at the back of the knee, it's as if an elastic band is being pulled tightly. Hopefully, that will ease too.....sometime.
So, I can really recommend this form of exercise, if you'd like to do something to keep a bit fitter.

Anyhoo, I've got another sympathy card, this one is for a friends Mum who had reach the fantastic age of 93. I never met the lady, but Alistair knew her and said she was a beautiful person.

I came across this lovely LOTV stamp the other day, whilst looking for something else, in fact I've quite a few of these lovely floral stamps, and I thought it would be perfect for this sort of card.
On watercolour paper I inked up the stamp with watercolour markers then stamped the image. With almost a dry brush, just a very little water, I pulled out the colour to soften the lines. I just kept it all in shades of blue. The little butterflies are Card-io stamps, a few little gem.
Sentiment is from Woodware.  I like to keep this sort of card fairy simple, I think I've managed that.

Well it started out a lovely morning, and now seems to be heading into rain, which is a pity as I've managed to get Alistair to promise to clean the windows. Teallach makes such a desperate mess of them with his paws, I wish he would learn to take a chamois out with him lol.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last card, you are all so kind.
That's  me for now, have a lovely day whatever you're doing and see you soon, 


20 comments:

meg said...

beautiful understated CAS card perfect for the with Sympathy sentiment, the stamp is beautiful. Great to read you are enjoying and benefiting from your aqua classes, have a great weekend

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Kate....it’s dull and damp here today so having a crafty afternoon....enjoy your weekend xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful sympathy card. Wish I had seen this yesterday when I needed to make one. :)

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card Kate, loving the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Kate, I think less is more for sympathy cards and this fits the bill perfectly. The image is really lovely. I'm so pleased you are deriving some benefit from your aqua classes. You are absolutely right about building up the muscle strength. The quadriceps in the front of your thighs are very important for the knee. Good luck and keep up the good work. Hugs Christine xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card Kate, perfect for sympathy, it has great feeling to it. We have a dark and miserable rainy day here, certainly not window cleaning day LOL. Good to hear your exercise is proving itself for you.
Faith x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is a lovely card. I love how you have coloured it in. Sorry to hear of your Mums frineds passing. Hope you have a good weekend, Hazelxx

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Perfect. Isn't funny when ever you clean the windows or mention you are going to clean them...it rains. Every time!
Hope you both are ok. Hugs Flo xx

Mac Mable said...

What a delicate and pretty card and the technique looks wonderful x. So glad the aqua fit classes are helping x.

aussie aNNie said...

Do love this card Kate, fabulous technique and result...xx

rachel said...

Such a beautiful card Kate and perfect for a sympathy card too. Glad to hear you're enjoying the aqua classes. I miss my exercise classes - never seem to have any time these days. Big hugs Rachel xx

Jannet said...

A really beautiful watercoloured card Kate, very elegant and perfect for such a sad occasion xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a very lovely sympathy card and that stamped image is perfect for the occasion.
Love the font on the stamped sentiment.
Sounds like the Aqua classes are doing you good.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a good idea for a Sympathy card. I will have to tuck this idea away for future use. TFS!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a pretty stamp - perfect for a sympathy card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pam said...

Love your beautiful sympathy card Kate.. gorgrous image and colours
Pam x

Mrs A. said...

I love the way you have pulled out the ink colour to make the card in shades of the blue. Very restful and a very beautiful card. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your sympathy CAS card is just perfect with that stamp and the softened lines. So delicate!
My cats love putting their paws on the glasses too. Always a mess :D
Hugs

Sue said...

A lovely sympathy card, Kate. Sometimes hard to make and always appreciated by the receiver.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

This is the perfect sympathy card Kate and love the way you have you have pulled out the colour and also shaded in blue around the image, and the Card-io butterflies are so pretty, A beautiful card. I'm glad that the Aqua classes are helping but didn't know if you have had any particular problem diagnosed. Sometimes the hamstring tendon can tighten up and cause stiffness, and also a baker's cyst which is a collection of fluid which can cause swelling in the space behind the knee joint which can cause stiffness in the knee. Obviously these things may already have been ruled out but if not perhaps you could investigate further. In the meantime the exercise should help to strengthen the thigh muscles which will help to take the weight off your knee joint. I hope it continues to improve. x