Tuesday 14 January 2020

A Birthday Wish!

Hello Everyone and welcome to my Blog. I hope today finds you well and enjoying your day however it's going.

Thank you for your comments regarding Rowan, I'm happy to say she is on the mend, but having to take little on the lead walks until her wound heals up and a restrictive diet. Not a happy doggy with that as she is used to off the lead to run wild with Milo. Nothing found when they operated, so it seems it was a very bad gastric something.

I've been to three Aqua aerobic classes so far, and enjoying them, but my legs are sore....but I think that's more to do with using muscles that have not been used in a while rather than knee pain, which is still there, I'm ever hopeful though.  All the ladies, and one man are a jolly sociable crowd, so all good.

My card today is for a friend's husband's 70th birthday. Unfortunately, I had absolutely nothing in my stash to make something with any of his hobbies, so I went with trees.  All the men in my life are mountaineers, canoeists, cyclists, and Peter doesn't do anything like that, but I reckon everyone likes trees.

Crafty Individuals stamp and background paper. Inkylicious sentiment and a few black gems. I started of by heat embossing the image and than adding DI to give some colour. matted it on to a panel of black card, the base card is Kraft.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments left on my previous post, I do like to read what you think of my crafty efforts, as sometimes I feel my mojo has deserted me and they are not all that good. I know we are our own worst critics.

Well, that's me for now, so cheerio and hope to be back soon,

27 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, I love the background and the tress are magnificent.
Hugs
Linda xxx

meg said...

pleased to read that Rowan is improving what a worry when our animals are ill, love your card Kate the background paper and stamp are stunning together

brenda said...

So pleased Rowan is on the mend, same here with our Poppy. You can't go wrong with a CI tree and a beautiful creation using this one.

Bx

Mac Mable said...

A fabulous stamped image and a perfect masculine card Kate. Keep with the aqua aerobics and lets hope it does help the knees shortly x Yes we are all our own worst critics x

Marlene Atkinson said...

So pleased Rowan is on the mend. A beautiful card, I love the trees and background. Marlene

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm glad both of you are getting better even with aches still LOL. As for your card, can't go wrong with trees and these are just beautiful. I love the "tag" effect design on the wonderful colours. A Super card Kate.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm happy that Rowan is going better, hope she will come home early! Enjoy your aqua gym, surely it will have some good effect!
Lovely birthday card, the landscape with those trees is amazing! Well done!
Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very fabulous card and your background lokks stunning as does your image with the trees.
Beautiful colouring also.
So sory to hear the animals in your life have been ill and you are in pain your self.
Hope the water arobics makes things less painful soon.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Hi Kate...loving your trees and background,some men are so difficult to make cards for....and I think you are right...who doesn’t love a tree....
I spent my day having disasters in my craft room...I should have known when I dropped the glitter all over the floor that it was going to be one of those days..and it was culminating with me falling over chasing a spider...well he was a big one!....hugs xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

We do all love trees, great choice of card

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and a lady who loves tree stamping, fabulous Kate.xxx

Mia said...

I am glad Rowan is better, Kate. And I glad to see that you go to your aqua aerobic classes, they will help you a lot.
As for the card, the design is beautiful and I am that your friend will love it. Hugs!

Mrs A. said...

Pleased to hear that Rowan is on the mend. So worrying when they can’t tell you what is wrong. Tree card is a lovely image and the background frames it perfectly. Hugs Mrs A.

Crafting Queen said...

Great card. So glad your little fur baby is doing better. Have a great day.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, you have created a super scene.
I'm so pleased to hear that Rowan is on the mend, it is difficult when they can't run like they would normally - they just don't seem to understand!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what agreat card, I love that stamp you used, its beautiful. So glad to hear you're wee doggy is on the mend!! Its such a worry when they are poorly, Hazel xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh that is a particularly nice tree stamp, too! Very nice card. I also find that they work well for Men’s card. I am glad you are enjoying your water aerobics class!

Valerija said...

This is stunning Kate!
Valerija xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card, beautiful image

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A great card!

I think you are right .. .. I feel everyone loves trees .. .. and the stamp you have used here is beautiful. A great background for it too.

Pleased to read Rowan is doing well. It must be awful to be back on the lead again after experiencing total freedom.

Love Jules xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Beautiful image Kate, a very gorgeous card

June :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful Kate...love that tree image
xx Karen

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness! I'm grateful you didn't have anything more suitable for your card, Kate, because this card is GORGEOUS! my husband would love it. I am definitely casing this beauty! How gorgeous the colors are, and just a wonderful, serene, lovely creation, especially with those big words! Thank you for the inspiration! hugs, de

Jennifer Johnston said...

Another beautiful card Kate. A great tree image and
the background is just perfect.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Sue said...

Kate, the tree stamp is gorgeous, and I love the background you created to showcase it. Very nice indeed!

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

I love these CI trees and your colouring is beautiful Kate, and the lovely large sentiments across the bottom and the pretty paper and gems finish it perfectly. x

Pat said...

Sorry Kate, I meant to add that I'm glad that Rowan is on the mend now. x