Friday 3 May 2013

Tango!

Good Afternoon Everyone from a dark and dreary Inverness, honestly the weather here is abysmal, I do hope where ever you are it is much better.

Thank you everyone for all the lovely comments on my last card, I know it takes time and I do appreciate you visiting me.

I had to pop out to the shops today but it was as quick as I could make it, the rain has just been pouring most of the day.  I wanted to speak to the techie person  where I bought my tablet, I've been trying to transfer music from my PC on to it, without much success I might add.  I got a young lad who tried to be helpful, but hadn't quite realised he was dealing with someone who wasn't keeping up and he just whizzed through it, but I'm none the wiser.  It's terminology which beats me. I'll eventually manage it though, maybe I should pop over the road and ask the 4yr old to do it, she probably could too.

Do you ever start to make a card and know in your head what you want to achieve, but can't quite transfer from brain to fingers, that was me today and I began to wish I'd not started it, anyhow I eventually finished it, and it's not as bad as I first though,
This is a lovely Paper Shelter digi image coloured with Promarkers, Background paper is also from the same set. Embossed with SB Music folder onto blue card and layered it on to black card,  Papermania sentiment, MB Fabulous Phlox with a button, Marienne Music die, The Ribbon Girl for American Seam binding and musical charm, red gems and Glamour Dust to finish.

I decided to cut out the little dancer, don't know why really, not sure if it works, nevertheless I would like to enter the card into; http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-110-music-maestro.html
also;  http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-166-put-button-on-it.html
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-88-anything-goes.html

 Hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend
Kate x


20 comments:

Rita said...

Hello Kate, your card is fabulous and I love the blue hues that make it so nice. It's rained non stop here all day, so I have even done my Saturday chores and that does not happen every week. Hope the weather gets better soon. Crafty Hugs Rita xxx

Alison Scott said...

Typical bank holiday weather, but a sunny smile for your lovely card.

Ivonne said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the layout and the cute image. Gorgeous dies and embossing. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge!

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the image and such beautiful detailing you have added. Everything works together so well.
Sorry to hear that you have such awful weather. I hope it improves for you soon
hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

great card Kate - I think it works beautifully and I just adore the musical notes - brilliant! Hope its stopped raining - stayed dry here all day so I managed to get everything done and ran 7 miles this evening whilst the girs were in their jujitsu class - it about killed me - been a long time!!!! Have a fab weekend! Hugs rachel xx

Patricia said...

A fantastic card Kate, you have done a wonderful job.
The colours and layout are great.

Weather here much the same as yours "blooming awful"

Patricia. xx

pam said...

fabulous card Kate, great image and gorgeous colours
pam

Wendy Fraser said...

Super card Kate, I really love the colour combo and embossing. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers and Fussy and Fancy xx

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely card. I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at TPS this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Sweet card Kate. I especially love to see the different kinds of flowers and leaves crafters use on their cards. Yours are beauties.

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, had a look a the paper shelter digi images after you mentioned them in your post and they have some gorgeous images. I saw this one and wondered how it could be used and now you have made a beautiful card with it. Love the design and your embellishments and flowers. Lovely.

Wilma x x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate I often do that with cards they just don't turn out how I envisaged! I don't know how you planned this one but I think its fab! You've created a lovely scene for her! Technology is a wonderful thing if you understand it, I find it so frustrating. I downloaded some music recently for my I Phone and I pad not through I tunes but a cheaper site. I tried for hours to transfer it onto the devices and couldn't - talk about frustrating. I gave up in the end and then when I looked at them the music was there - no idea how I did it though!! Have a fab weekend hugs Susan x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Nice card Kate, I like these paper shelter images, I must admit I don't use mine as often as I should
Love the layout of your card
jacqui x

May said...

Beautiful card Kate, Love all the wonderful detail & such a cute image.. Love the colours too... Have a happy weekend... Hugs May x x x

downrightcrafty said...

this is beautiful and I love the image
Hugs Kate xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Very nice card..i love the little girl
bibiana

Lori Aragon said...

Beautiful work and perfect for our challenge. You've framed the image with the flowers from the background paper - genius!!! I adore the embossing and dies too :) Thank you so much, Kate, for playing along for our Music Maestro challenge at The Paper Shelter!!!

Erika said...

Great wee dancer image Kate. Hope you are ok, weather seems a bit better today but it's still cold....perfect crafting weather!
Enjoy your bank holiday, crafty hugs Erika.

Shell said...

Oh this is gorjuss, thanks for joining us at Fussy And Fancy.
Shell xx