Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Great Pair of Shoes!

Good Evening Everyone, trusting you are well and have had a good day.  It has been cold for me today, rain and very dull one minute and sunny the next.  I saw on the news tonight that some areas had snow. Brrrrr.

Nothing of great interest here today, except had the car MOT'd and it passed much to Alistair's delight, he's always on tenterhooks in case there's work to be done, I guess that's the nature of cars,but this time our wee Micra is fine.

This is just a short post tonight with a card made for my friend's birthday;
A fairly simple card this time, as Linda love shoes, and what woman doesn't I hear you shout, I found this in amongst some Hunkydory card kit bought sometime last year.  I really haven't done all that much to it except to add ribbon and some sparkly flowers.  The Sentiment is from the fabulous Stamp-it Australia Swirls set, and I thought that it was very apt for Linda.  

Now I know my friend will love this, but I don't mainly I think because I much prefer to stamp and colour and somehow it gives me more scope for embellishments.  When I first began to make cards I bought card kits and Cd's as if they were going out of fashion and now I don't really like using them.  Just preference I suppose, gradually I've found my niche.

The reason I chose to make a card with shoes is that Linda was showing me her outfit for her son's wedding, which was stunning, but her shoes are to die for, extremely high with little platforms and the most gorgeous soft pearl oyster leather.  So envious, my feet stared to scream the minute they saw them, my feet won't do high, I'm a Hotter kind of gal and flat Hotters at that.

Before I sign off I would just like to say thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post, I appreciate each and every one of them.

See you soon, Kate x

15 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I'm sure your friend will love this fab card

Rita said...

Fantastic card Kate. No wonder it went down well. We had a pretty mixed day as well and like you it is quite chilly in the evening. Hugs Rita xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Kate. I know what you mean about using kits - you really do not feel as if you have made the card - but sometimes they just fill the bill nicely.

rachel said...

wow Kate - these shoes are fab - now I'm not a girl for shoes - I can't walk in heels and if they're not comfy I'm not interested - but I can appreciate the beauty of a pair of shoes and these are fabulous xx

Hazel said...


Good evening Kate. Your friend will love her card, oh I hope her shoes are a good fit as she will have them on a long time at the wedding,

Your card is lovely and those shoes look well loved.

Hazel



Sue said...

This is fabulous Kate. A beautiful pair of shoes and I love the ribbon and sentiment
hugs Sue xx

May said...

Love this card, The shoes are Gorgeous...Great sentiment too...Hugs May x x x

pam said...

fabulous card Kate, love the shoes,
pam

Alison Scott said...

It's a lovely card. I know what you mean about the card kits. They seem 'too' easy.
I'm like you, can't wear heels. I need to get new shoes and hate shoe shopping. I love shoes, but can only wear about 1 inch heel, flats no more than half a day, 2 inch heels the same, any higher and I'm sitting cos I can't walk!!!

Alison Scott said...

Ps
Best of luck for the concert

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Kate
I know what you mean about this type of kit I always feel that cheating in a way coz I feel that there isn't much of me gone into it
jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, shoe card.
luv
Debby

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,fabulous image .xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab card Kate I am sure she will love it! I love shoes too but rarely wear heels though I can manage high wedges really well that's why I like summer! Susan x

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
I love those shoes they look as they have been worn a lot and are truly loved. You have made a stunning card your friend will love it.

I love shoes, even with my height I LOVE wearing high heeled shoes.
Hugs

Patricia xxx