Sunday 12 May 2013

Penguin Christmas!

Hello Everyone, I hope your weekend is going well for you, whatever you are doing.
The weather here hasn't been good, raining off and on and today I was back to feeling a bit cold.

Thank you all for leaving the lovely comments on my last card, very much appreciated.

We had a lovely meat at our friend's on Friday night, but you may remember I said it would play havoc with my blood sugars, well it did and I was quite unwell yesterday and so incredibly tired, and no wonder as my blood sugar count was in double figures, first thing in the morning it is usually between 5 and 6, it was 10.7. I was horrified especially as I small portions and didn't have any pudding and only one glass of wine.  The amount of hidden carbs in any one meal is quite astounding, anyway it's back to the old regime of being really careful.  I think I should managed my diet quite well in Iceland though, everything is too expensive!! so maybe not eating that much and then only fish.  Bet they don't do fish suppers though, Oh well can't have everything.

Enjoyed the craft demo today, Erika had lots of lovely samples to show us and wonderful cards using SB dies.  Learnt lots and and hoping I can use some of her techniques.  I am always amazed by the beautiful cards made with these dies that some of my Blogging Friends create, I find it difficult as I am really a stamper and colourer, but must try and give it a go.

Here is today's card;
LOTV stamp and Sentiment, coloured with Promarkers, matted on to green Core'dinations, papers are from Papermaina I think they are from Forever Friends last Christmas. Papermania Snowflakes Embossing Folder, MB corner die and SB little corner die from Frosty Forms,  red gems and Star Dust.

That's me for today, hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend, don't they just go so quickly!!
Kate x

I would like to enter this card into;  http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/pppppppppick-up-penguin.html

19 comments:

Rita said...

Hello Kate. Sorry to hear you were unwell yesterday, there's nothing worse. Beautiful card, and your cards are really stunning. I can only admire people that are good at colouring , as I am still learning about these things. So we all add something different to help each other along with our crafting creations. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Crafty Lark said...

Great card, I love the image and gorgeous design. xx Flora

Barbara said...

What a wonderful card - you must be feeling better again or else you wouldn't have been able to make something that beautiful!

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Kate such a sweet image and well coloured, love the embossed background
jacqui x

Hazel said...


Kate, a great card even if you are trying to match the weather we are having. Heating back on again but I would rather be warm than cold.
We will have to make sure you don't eat to many carbs when we are all away, can't have you feeling ill. As you say you will have to be good for the rest of the week.
Glad you enjoyed your demos, your card today is lovely and as usual beautifully coloured. Take care. Hazel

Unknown said...

Hi Kate. Boy you really have to careful with those carbs must be like a strict diet for weight loss, hard work. Your christmas cards are great, wish I could colour in as well as you. Like Hazel my heating has been turned on yet again, wish summer would hurry up.

Take care.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Love your card Kate, great image and beautifully coloured.
Been like winter here today, heating on as usual,
Have a good week

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Kate. I love that cute image, I have a real soft spot for penguins! Your colouring is fabulous and beautiful detailing too.
Take care
hugs Sue x

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, love this image coloured beautifully, fab design
hope you pick up soon
pam

rachel said...

great card Kate and sorry to hear about your sugar being so high - it must be frustrating after trying hard to be good. Glad your craft demo was good though - it brightens the soul - a good bit of crafting! Hugs rachel x

Diane said...

Wonderful card design Kate, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Regards diane

downrightcrafty said...

great card and love your choice of penguins, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your adorable card.
luv
Debby

Marie-Louise said...

Such a cute card Kate.
I actually have had my fire lit every day so far.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Super, duper cute card!!! I especially love penguins and snowmen for Christmas cards. All your layers and embellishments are divine!

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I hope you feel much better today!! It must so difficult to keep everything under control .. and yet it sounds like you are really strict with yourself.

Your craft demo sounds like it was really enjoyable. Fabby card share too!!

Hope you have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is a gorgeous creation as always huggles Pops x x x

Erika said...

Kate lovely to meet you on Sunday. Great to put a face to a blog....if you know what I mean. I too had a super day crafting. Loving this card, the penguins are very cute.
Hugs Erika.

Pamela said...

Such a cute image, so sweet. Thank you for joining us at
Winter Wonderland.

Pam x