Tuesday 28 May 2013

Cream and Black!

Good Afternoon, I hope everyone is well and having a good day.
Thanks to all you left comments on my previous card,  I do appreciate you visiting me to see what I've been doing.  I have been taking a tour through all of your blogs and enjoying all of your creations, what very talented crafty people you all are.
This will just be a short blog today, nothing very much happening just now and as I've been really tired I'm not doing all that much, just pottering around and seeing what needs done for our holiday.  I've not been sleeping too well, but I think I know why, I have a welfare meeting with managers on Friday, so there is much going through my mind just now, and I need to be clear in my own mind about what I'm going to be saying, so in the wee small hours my brain is just racing, so it's ages before I get back to sleep again.  Anyway, I'm sure it will be all right on the night, or day as they say.

My card today;
The camera doesn't seem to show up the cream, sorry about that. I've used;
5x5 cream blank card
Centura Pearl Cream Card, embossed with a SB folder
SB Marvellous Squares
Limited Edition Noir et Chic Papers
Marianne Flourish Die
WO Cream Roses
Cream Pearls from The Ribbon Girl.

I though it didn't need any glitter as the lovely dies said it all, so I left it off, neither did I feel it needed a bow.
Again a bit different for me, but as I'd bought these dies, I thought I should try and use them and I've seen some gorgeous cards from some of my blogging friends using SBs so this is what I've come up with.
Hope you like it.

Take care every one and hope to see you soon,
Kate x

19 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Kate, I know what you mean about dies, I must say I struggle making them look pretty like many in blogland
jacqui xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate! A beautiful card, love the colours and can you believe it but I have just been doing a layout for a card with this paper stack!! Love how you used the SB dies I have these and haven't used them yet can't seem to find a use for them but they look so pretty on your card! Try not to worry about the welfare meeting, I used to carry them out in my role for the NHS - they are really there to support you and are something that need to be done to see if you need any help. They should not be used to make you feel guilty or put pressure on you to return to work if you are not able to. Sending hugs, Susan xx

Erika said...

Hi Kate I always think cream and black look so classy together, great use of dies.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Rita said...

Wow Kate. What a gorgeous card. I love the black and cream combination. Put your big girl knickers on for Friday and I,m sure all will be well. Hugs Rita xxxx

rachel said...

Hi kate - your card is just wonderful - so elegant! I hope things work out for you on friday xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design,fab colours.xxx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate. I love the design and fabulous colours.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been sleeping too well. I hope your meeting on Friday goes okay.
take care
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Firstly a wee ((hug)) good job it was Hazel going for a BP check today and not you.......LOL
I know it is hard but try not to let them get to you.

Your card is stunning I am loving what you are doing with these Dies.
Happy Crafting

Patricia xxxx

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Kate, these papers are very elegant and classy looking, love it.
I hope you are well.
Teresa x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. The design looks fabulous, I love the way you have used your dies.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...


Kate, your card is gorgeous, I love the elegance of it.
Don't get yourself more stressed than you are.
Like Patricia I send you a (hug).

Hazel xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a classy and beautiful card, great use of your dies xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

This is a really gorgeous make.

Love the colours and those scrummy dies!!

Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep ahead of Friday!

You will certainly be ready for your holiday.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

downrightcrafty said...

this is gorgeous very classy
Hugs Kate x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous, elegant card.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Sandy said...

So very beautiful and elegant. Just gorgeous!!
Sandy

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
I missed this yesterday. So I thought I would take a look at what you have been doing, and what I have missed. So glad I did as this is a superbly created card. Love your dies and the colours you have used.
I have been looking after my 2 little great granddaughter's today. So I am late in commenting.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, how did I miss this card, good to see you using dies, you will realise from my blog that I use them a lot. Your colour combination and design are gorgeous. Don't stress yourself they can't force you back to work before you are ready.

Wilma x x x