Monday 20 May 2013

Wedding Carriage!

Good Morning Blogging Friends,  doesn't Monday mornings come around quickly!  I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a new week ahead after a good weekend.

This was my concert weekend and it was fantastic,  I thought we couldn't beat the performance where we sang Handel's Messiah but, this one completely out did it. The theatre was filled to capacity,  around 900 or so people so the atmosphere was electric.
Our Canadian guests were so friendly and enjoyed every minute of their visit,  but were whacked by the end of the  night,  it was a whirlwind tour  as they had performed in Paisley Abby on the day they arrived,  the at the civic reception in Inverness,  rehearsed with us on Friday night and then rehearsal all day  Saturday with performance at night.  We also had the Inverness branch of the Scottish National Youth Choir and they were wonderful,  primary school youngsters who loved every minute of their experience of singing with  the big guys.They sang four songs on their own and I thought they were just great.
 Our audience were wonderful too, loved it and gave a standing ovation at the end.
The Canadian conductor was fantastic and brought out the best in us, he is so charismatic with a completely different style to our own beloved conductor,  Gordon.
So we now take a break for the summer which is very welcome after all our hard work. I was so tired yesterday,   I slept on and off for most of the day,  and I, m still singing in my head.
My lovely Alistair and is two friends who came along to the performance,  just loved it and when I got home I found the most beautiful bouquet from him with a little tag saying I was marvellous,  wasn't that just lovely of him, I was so touched.

I've been trying to catch up with your blogs,  but please forgive if I missed you and many thank yous for the lovely comments on my last card.
 The card I have to show today I made last week with my win from the LOTV Thursday Theme draw.  I chose this stamp as I had another wedding card to make.  Two weddings within a month of each other,  it's like corporation buses,  don't see any for ages, then two come together. ! So here it is;


 As I don't know much about the Bride, I decided to go with what I did know and that was that her Bridal colours are navy and white.  LOTV Carriage for Two stamp, papers Nitwits,Candle and Cake and sentiment. Xcut heart die, Flowers from WO and Pearls from The Ribbon Girl, ribbon from my box.  Promarkers for colour. Glamour Dust for a little sparkle.
I wanted to stamp the image on to a heart shape but, mine are not large enough and this is a problem I've come across before, I just don't seem to have the right size dies, or my stamps are too big, anyway I just have to trim a fancy edge to it, other than that I'm quite pleased with it.

I had better go and do some shopping, there is only so much we can forage for from the freezer.
Have a good day, thanks for visiting and see you soon,
Kate x

18 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous Kate love your design
jacqui x

Erika said...

Super cute Wedding card Kate, love your colour combo and congrats on the concert going well.
Must food shop here too but might put it off again till tomorrow.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

rachel said...

wonderful wedding card Kate - I just adore this particular image - its so cute. So glad the concert wet well too - it sounds like it was a really wonderful evening - a great result from all of the hard work put in - well done you xx

Hazel said...


Kate. I am glad Saturday night went off so well, sounds like everyone had a lovely time, and how sweet of Alistair to give you flowers.
As for your card. Again you have made a gorgeous stunning creation that again you have thought of the couple who are to receive it.
Don't over do it today just take it easy.

Hazel

Rita said...

Good Afternoon Kate. Sounds as if you had a great time at the concert. Your card really is stunning and I'm sure it will be loved by both bride and groom. Enjoy your Day.
Thank-You for the lovely comments about Neil and I passed them all on for him to read. He is very fit and has done all the Munro's and even climbed to the top of Mont Blanc. Ronnie is having his first op this morning ,so we hope all goes well. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate. I love that cute image, beautiful papers and fabulous layout.
It sounds like the concert was a great success and that everyone enjoyed it. It must be lovely to be part of something so special. How fabulous to come home to a big bouquet of flowers too.
Hugs Sue

Patricia said...

Fantastic card Kate,
Love, love love, it so will the lucky couple

Patricia xxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Kate! And the image is just darling. Have a happy Monday...yes, it sure came by fast. :-)

Sue said...

Oh Kate sounds like you had a marvellous time singing!! and a bouquet too, how lovely. This card is so lovely I adore LOTV images but I haven't got this one ...on my list to buy I think..huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

Sandy said...

Wonderful card - I love the colors and all your embellishments!
Sandy

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Een schitterende trouwkaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Kate. Glad that your concert was such a great success.

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, love this image and your lovely colours.
sounds like you had a marvellous time at your concert.
pam

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab mage and gorgeous card, such a nice change to see these colours on a Wedding card

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A really lovely wedding card .. .. and how special that it will be in the bride's choice of colours.

So pleased your concert went well. How special to come home to flowers. Sounds like you caught a good one!!

Hope you have a good day.

Love Jules xx

downrightcrafty said...

Such a beautiful creation did make me smile
Hugs Kate xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

So pleased your concert was a success Kate it sounds wonderful! And what a lovely surprise to come home to some flowers! Your wedding card is beautiful and how lovely that it is in the bride's colours! Susan x

Alison Scott said...

Fabulous card. Beautiful colours.
So pleased your concert went well. Sounds fantastic, then home to flowers. Perfect end to a wonderful, if long day.