Tuesday 14 May 2013

Babies!

Good Evening to you All and I hope you are all well.  Well it's been another strange day weather wise today, it was if it couldn't make up it's mind what to do, and whilst waiting for "it" to make up said mind I failed to put my towels out and they are still in the machine.  I hate using the drier so I hope tomorrow will be better.

We had a good rehearsal last night and I had forgotten that we were having the children who will be singing with us on Saturday rehearsing last night too.  They were very. very good especially with the difficult pronunciations of the Latin/German words, we were all very impressed, it is shaping up to be a great concert, it will however be a long day as we have to be on stage ready to rehearse at 9.30 and that's us until the concert ends around 10 at night.  Everyone will be exhausted and running on adrenaline by the time the curtain rolls up.  Although I have been in the Choral Society for around 9yrs., I have never been involved with a production on such a massive scale and the orchestra and conductor have always been on the stage, this time there are in the Pit and we will have to follow direction on two large monitors, which will be very interesting.  It's always all right on the night though...........one hopes!

I have a card tonight for you, another baby card, and at the same time I thought I would show these lovely photos with some other kinds of babies;

 I was just charmed by these photos taken by Alistair whilst he was in Arran, such a lovely swan family, and the little cygnet on mum's back hitching a ride is so sweet.
I've used a LOTV image and Sentiment, Promarkers, pink Core'dinations and Forever Friends Kraft Notes paper. Fabulous Phlox from MB, ribbon, gems and Card Candy from my box and a little Glamour Dust.

That's all for tonight except to say thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate the time you all take to visit me.
 Kate x


17 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Kate so adorable
jacqui x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous card, love that cute mage

Hazel said...


Love these photos Kate, I took the dogs for a walk round the small loch near work today and enjoyed watching geese with there babies.

Another great card beautifully coloured as usual with a very cute image.

Hope your weather is good tomorrow, we had high winds which dried the bedding beautifully even if I had to keep repegging it back on the lines. Take it easy, Hazel.

Erika said...

A beautiful cute little baby card Kate, love the image and your flower.
Good luck with the concert.
Hugs Erika.

Crafty Lark said...

I love this image and you have created a gorgeous card with it. xx Flora

rachel said...

Hi Kate - your card is so cute - and so are the cygnets - is that how you spell it? Anyway - your concert sounds like its going to be amazing - hope it all goes well! Big Hugs rachel xx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate, and the photos are beautiful. Hugs Rita xxxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love that cute LOTV elephant and the papers and details are beautiful.
Wonderful photos too, thanks for sharing
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Awwww gorgeous photo's Kate and a beautiful card too huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxx Sue

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, such a cute image and beautiful layout
pam

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a sweet card, love the pink and kraft combo. Love the pics of the cygnet hitching a ride too! xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome pictures and what an adorable card. I love the flowers!!!

Patricia said...

Good Morning Kate,
Beautiful, just beautiful, both the your card and the photos.
I love the image, pretty papers and embellishments you have used.
All the very best for the concert sorry we will not manage up.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, mother and babies looking good and what a gorgeous baby card, lovely design and colours. Good luck for the concert, everything will be fine.

Wilma x x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

An adorable baby card Kate! What a lovely picture of the swans. Hope your concert goes well! Susan x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
firstly congrats on your winter challenge wins.
This card is very lovely. I love the design and the image used. The sentiment is great. I do love those round sentiments they are so usueful.
Lovely photos of the swans and cygnets.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is fabulous love the colours too huggles Pops x x x