Monday 13 May 2013

Jurassic Love!

Good Afternoon Everyone and I hope Monday finds you all well and for those who are not too good, sending Hugs that you will feel better soon.
Many thanks for all the lovely comments on my last card, especially regarding my colouring.  I'm delighted to hear that you think I'm good at this, it give me great encouragement, but I see glaring mistakes when I look at my images, and I do struggle with skin, hair and shadows.  I look at the varous tutorials which are a great help, but again it all depends on the instructor's own preference as to what and how they use their markers/paints and pencils.  I would love to go to a colourist's workshop, but have never found any, especially close to home.

Anyway, my card today had a wonderfully coloured image but, not by me, here it is;
When I saw this super image I thought it would be just right for a wedding card for an archeologist Bride and her Groom as the title is Jurassic Love.
It's from TPS and it comes either coloured or just lined for you to colour youself, as you can see I chose coloured, the background paper is part of the set, I've matted it on to Adorable Scorable card and embosed the base card with Embossalicious Floral Frenzie Folder. Computer generated named sentiment and stamped sentiment is from Inkadinkado. MB Heart dies, Flowers from WO and The Hobby House, ribbon and pearls from my box, a little Glamour Dust for added sparkle.

Well my spell check ain't working so please forgive if some of my spelling is wrong.

As none connected to the happy couple to be I felt confident in posting this ahead of the big day.

That's all from me today, Iv'e a few bits and pieces to do be for I go off to choral practise, this is our last one before our Canadian guests arrive.
Bye for now,  Kate x

I would like to enter this card into;  http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-111-love-is-in-air.html

18 comments:

Erika said...

Kate I think this is a fab image and coloured beautifully, I'm sure with their profession it will be totally appreciated.
Great idea, hugs Erika.

Doreen said...

Just beautiful,love the papers and fab image.xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh this is just brilliant and sure to be treasured by the happy couple. love the cute penguins in the post below too. xx

Rita said...

Great card Kate. I bet it will go down well with the happy couple. Really cold here to-day and we have now put the heating on. Hugs Rita xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fab Kate! Love the image and sounds like it will be perfect for the lucky couple! Hope you are well, Hugs Susan x

May said...

Gorgeous card, Love the sweet image... This will be treasured by the happy couple I'm sure... Love the colours & great design! Hugs May x x

Hazel said...


Kate. I hope you have had a good day, a bit blustery here today with rain showers.
Again you have put together a great card and thinking very much of the couple who are going to receive it.

Hazel

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous card Kate love your image. Your colouring is absolutely fine I think we are all too critical of ourselves
jacqui x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love that cute image and the papers and details you have added are beautiful.
I hope you enjoy your choral practise
hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

oh Kate - this card is wonderful and so perfect for the recipients - they will have a chortle or two over those dancing dinos I think! I know what you mean about colouring - the biggest help I've found is the crafters companion DVD - with the lady with the tight curly hair - she's doing spectrum noirs - but the principles are the same whichever pens you choose to use. I've not watched much - and I'm sure I could improve my hair but I think my blending has imrpoved since watching that and would recommend you having a look! Hugs rachel xx

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! I just adore dinosaurs for many themes, but I'd never thought of them for a wedding. I love that it is so different from most wedding cards and will surely be very memorable to the lucky couple that receives it.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Patricia said...

Good Sunny Morning Kate,
You have done it again......put a card together perfectly for the couple receiving it. How appropriate is this??? I just love it.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxxx

downrightcrafty said...

oh super cute what a great card
Hugs Kate xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

This is so cute and lovely. The perfect image for your "happy couple".

I would love to see their faces when they open it!!!

Gorgeous colour combo too.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awww, so cute. This card is "dino"mite adorable.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love those dinosaurs.
luv
Debby

Alison Scott said...

Your image is perfect for the recipients. So sweet.
I'm pleased to report we are all just about better now. Still a bit sore, but nothing like as bad as before. Thanks for your good wishes.
Enjoy choir practice.

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous image and I love your colour choice and card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx