Tuesday 7 May 2013

Dashing Through the Snow!

Hello Everyone, hoping you are having a good day and feeling rested and recharged after the long weekend.  For those of you who are perhaps not so good today, well, sending you HUGS!

I would like to welcome my latest followers, thank you for joining my blog and I do hope that I can continue to create cards that you will like.  A big thank you to everyone who has visited and left fab comments on my last card, and they have been great,  it is so encouraging to hear how much you all liked Dougie's card.
 Not much of interest to tell you today, it's been rather a serious one as I decided to go to CAB to see if they had any information regarding Disability Discrimination and Employment Law.  As I am off work just now with work related stress I thought it would be wise to find out what was what with a view to returning to work, when I feel stronger.  Thankfully, Alistair came along with me as he is better able to receive info at the moment than I am, my synapses are wired up wrongly just now.  I found this really quite stressful, as I had to give a bit of background and of course it just dredges up what I'm trying to not think about.  Anyhow, there was useful information.  Awful to think that was the highlight of my day.

Anyway here is my card for today;
I've used LOTV Mini Masterpieces for this one, matted on to Adorable Scorable card, Papers from LOTV, Nitwits, Kraft and first Edition Vintage Christmas. Flowers from WO, Ribbon from The Ribbon Girl, gems from my stash.  Computer generated sentiment, and Star Dust to finish.
I keep forgetting I have these lovely coloured in images, and I thought this one would fit the bill for the challenge at Winter Wonderland.

That is all from me today, see you soon
Kate X

I would like to enter this card into;   http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/dashing-through-snow.html



22 comments:

Rita said...

Sorry to hear you had a stressful day Kate. At least you had Alistair with you to take in what they were saying. I had to give up work too because of this too and we called it NHS syndrome as so many people were suffering. You just concentrate on getting better my friend before you make any decisions. Your card is really stunning and I bought some of these sheets at Glasgow in March. Huge Hugs Rita xxxx

Alison Scott said...

Cute card, so sweet.
Best to find out your options. It was actually my work doctor who told me I was covered under DDA legislation. Once that was on my file, my bosses attitude was made to change, so much so that they were asked to apply for another job before I returned to work. Hope you take care.

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, i know exactly how you feel. My doctor wanted me to take my boss all the way but I was unable to keep repeating all I had gone through. As I worked for the MoD and they admitted they were at fault I was on full pay for one year and half pay for six months which took me up to retirement. I only wish I had been strong enough to fight for my rights but I just cracked everytime I thought of work. I am fine now took me a long time to get my confidence back.

Anyway enough of my woes your card is delightful, gorgeous inage and very well designed.

Take care.

Wilma x x x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Kate I do love these images what super papers
jacqui x

Sue said...

My heart goes out to you I had to 'talk' to someone today at the doctors and its so stressful. I work at Jobcentreplus but I'm on a permanent carer's break Kate but I've had no help, I've been there for most of my adult life and no one cares to check how you are its as if you no longer exist or even worked there. Chin up hun I'm thinking about you and fab card by the way big huggles !! Sue xxxxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

Just beautiful,gorgeous image.xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is such a fun image, lovely card. With my DT hat on, thanks for playing at WW

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What an adorable Christmas card Kate. I just love the tartan paper it is so Christmassy! Sorry to hear you had a bad day, hope things improve soon for you Kate. Susan x

Hazel said...


Kate thank goodness you have started the ball rolling to find out what you can do, glad Alistair went with you always think two heads taking in information is better than one.

Another beautiful card today,

Hazel

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Kate. Hope you feel better soon.

Patricia said...

Come on Kate!

We have just had the best day of the year and you show SNOW!!!
Joking apart this is a super card.
Glad you have gone and got some information and Alistair went with you.
Hugs

Patricia. xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love that image and the papers and details you have added are beautiful.
I hope things become a bit easier for you soon
take care
hugs Sue xx

downrightcrafty said...

A lovely card and great image choice, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

rachel said...

sorry to hear you had a difficult day Kate - your card is wonderful! Big Hugs rachel x

Wendy Fraser said...

Glad you got some useful info, sending you a big hug. Super card, I really love how you've combined the papers. xx

pam said...

Hi Kate sorry you have had a stressful day, hopefully things will soon look up..
this is a beautiful card.
take care pam

Norma said...

Hi kate:) Beautiful card and I love the layers on your card! Thank you for stopping by today!!
Hugs,
Norma

Miria said...

Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland with such a cute card, perfect for our theme this week! I wish you all the best for your health problem. Hugs, Miria xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I just love that image :) I have decided that you are a "bad" influence. *LOL* You keep using such neat images and you make me want them all. After I saw your Gorjuss and The Bear card I just had to get that stamp. I can't color as well as you and have no idea what to do with it, but I loved your card so much I couldn't help myself.

Crafty Lark said...

Love your layering up of this fab image. Hope you get your work situation sorted, don't forget that doctor's have a responsibility only to sign you back to work if sufficient improvement in your support has been put in place. Unfortunately there is still a lot of confusion between discrimination and positive action is support of disabled. xx Flora

Erika said...

Ooo I love plaid paper, great card and super cute image. Happy crafting, hugs Erika.