Thursday 23 May 2013

Bringing home the Christmas Tree!

Good Afternoon Blogging Friends and what a horrible, nasty and cold day it is here, with squalls of rain.  I hope where ever you are it is better.  Alistair has just shouted me through to see the Scottish News where it is reporting on the weather in Corgaff, which is up and over the Gairngorms, and it has so much snow that the roads are closed.  We go over that way quite a bit as Alistair used to live there and we have a lot of friends there, in fact w,e will be over there in June at a friend's daughter's wedding and the ceremony is outside in the garden, and to think we were worried about rain.

I hope you are all well today.  Thank you all who visited me yesterday and left your lovely comments.

Well I spent ages trying to transfer my music,  something has transferred, but no sound., very strange.  I've decided life is too short to bother with this and will put it aside until sometime again.  I've looked at You Tube tutorials and asked at where I bought the tablet, bought the little memory disc thingy, but it's not worked.  I do wonder how I managed to get this blog up and running, must have been sheer fluke.

I have yet another Christmas card today, I'm well ahead, but I found out the other day that the craft fair has been cancelled, the lady who was going to be responsible for organising it has had to pull out and no one has taken it over, such a pity, however I'm left with load of cards. Anyway not to worry, no doubt I will find a use for them.   Here is my card;
I've used:  LOTV stamp and Sentiment
                 Promarkers
                 SB Marvellous Squares
                 Core'dinations Card
                 Bella Papers
                 Flowers from WO and Hobby House
                 Foliage Sizzix Die
                 Pearls from Hobby House
                 Crafter's Companion Sparkle and Spray on the Topper
That's it, and I would like to enter this into:   http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-169-anything-goes.html

Have a good day  and see you soon
Kate x

17 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
I love this card and image. So perfectly created.
Love the image and colours used. Those dies are fab too.
Just got back from my singing outing. It makes it all worth while to see the residents enjoying themselves, and beautiful smiles on their faces.
I am starting to get over my nerves now.
I too am not very good with technology, I sometimes wonder too how I got my blog up and running. You look at some peeps blogs and they seem to know just what to doing all the time.
Your blog looks really great to me.
Good luck with your transfer of music, it's not on mute in the settings by any chance.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandy said...

I love the colors and those bears are sooooo sweet!
Sandy

Rita said...

Hello Kate, my son Alisdair drove through the night from Helmsdale last night as he works with Network Rail and said it was the worst he has seen all winter. Luckily when they got to Dunkeld it dried up and the journey home was fine.
My first love is polar bears and I used to make loads of them. So this card is a definite winner for me and you have captured it beautifully. Sorry to hear about the fair ,but hopefully there will be another one turn up nearer the time. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the image, beautiful colours and wonderful embellishments.
I do hope the weather improves soon. I think I heard somewhere that this has been one of the coldest Springs on record.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Great card Kate, love that sweet image of the Bears.
Oh! My! Goodness! will you stop the Christmas Crads..........I saw snow again on the hill I see out of my kitchen window. John Jnr has just come down from Pitlochry to say the Glen Shee road was closed today because of "SNOW"
If I was not going on Holiday next week I think I would go back into Hibernation.
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

lovely card Kate great image xx

Diane said...

I love this card and image with the fabulous colors.

Regards diane

rachel said...

its a beautiful card Kate but a real shame about the craft fair - when you put al the effort into an event and it doesn't happen - but like you say you can always find a use for them! Hope tomorrow's a better day weather wise for you! Hugs rachel xx

pam said...

beautiful Christmas card Kate, so wish summer would hurry up, such a shame about your fair being cancelled.
pam

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate love the colours you've used..we had hailstones today and its bitterly cold outside the weather has gone mad!! huggles hun Sue xxxx

Hazel said...


Kate, tried to comment yesterday but it wouldn't publish, just another problem with me and computers. Anyway once again you have made a beautiful card and really it's not out of place with the weather we are having very windy here.
Have a good day. Hazel

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Wish I was as well a head with my Christmas cards as you are!! This one is so lovely.

Shame the fayre has been cancelled. Hopefully another one will get advertised somewhere and you can take your cards there.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful card and love the use of the WRS papers
Hugs Kate xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate another Christmas card you are diligent and what a fabulous one too! I always leave mine to the last minute and panic! Trouble is by the time Christmas is over I am sick of doing them and can't really face any til October!! When will I learn! The weather up in your neck of the woods has been terrible, we will soon be going into summer! Have a good weekend Susan x

Erika said...

Kate, shame about the craft fair but I'm sure they'll be another. Super Christmas card, weather cold enough here too.
Stay in the warm and craft!
Hugs Erika.

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie I love this, its gorgeous Hugs Pops x

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning card Kate, such a sweet image and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx