Monday 6 May 2013

A Little Mozart!

Good Afternoon Blogging Friends, Are you all enjoying the Bank Holiday?  Hoping you are having fine weather.
Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last card, love to read them and that you take the time to pop into see what I'm up to.

I'm having a quiet day at home, Alistair is away for a hill walk, now that he is retired he can get out and about when the weather is fine and takes every opportunity to do so,  leaves me some me time so I've been pottering about and manage a card. Here it is;
This is for our friend Dougie's Big 60th, and I wanted a musical theme as he is one of the merry band of minstrels of the Monday night group.
I've used; Just Inklined digi stamp, coloured with a mixture of Pro and Flex Markers. Kraft card embossed with a SB Musical embossing folder, Kanban paper and Adorable Scorable card., LOTV sentiment, cut with Xcut die. Marianne, Treble Clef die and Card Candy.
I would rather have used an 8x8 card, but couldn't find any, the 5x7 is not a shape I really like using, but I'm fairly pleased with how it's turned out, the main thing is that Dougie will like it and I'm sure he will.

Choral night later on, and the pressure is on now as our concert is on 18th of May, really only two practise sessions left, before the Canadian choir joins us the night before the concert.  I'm away now to have a little sing to myself and go over the Latin/German words which I can barely get my tongue round.

Enjoy the remainder of the day and hope to see you soon,
Kate x

22 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Kate, so elegant! I love the diecut treble clefs, they're great.

Tanya xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, this is stunning Kate! Perfect for a music lover. xx

Hazel said...


Oh Kate you have again made a card that is put together with all the elements of what the person receiving it loves. It's perfect.

Hazel

Sue said...

This is wonderful Kate. I love the image, fabulous embossing and a great layout too.
Sue xx

Alison Scott said...

Fabulous card. The kraft is ideal and that treble clef is wonderful.
Enjoy choir practice and best of luck for the 18th.

Unknown said...

Oh Kate where do you get all your creative ideas, this is beautiful so perfect for your friend's birthday. Hope your are running up and down the scales and getting your tounge round the words, my you are so talented. Hope the sun shone a bit for Alistair today.

Wilma x x x

Sue said...

This is stunning Kate really beautiful card. I can remember doing my solo performance I was soprano in the school choir LOL many moons ago...huggles hun Sue xxxxxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Kate love you embossed background
jacqui x

pam said...

fantastic card Kate, love this image and all you embellishments, ..
pam

rachel said...

a beautiful card Kate - I love that treble cleff die - very useful - don't know if I've seen that before - hope you had a great day - its been roasting here xx

Rita said...

Wonderful card Kate. Hugs Rita xxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Simply gorgeous!!! I used to play the violin, so this especially "speaks" to me, lol! LOVE that musical embossing folder too. I'm sure he will be thrilled!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie muziekaart
Groetjes Gerrie

May said...

Gorgeous card Kate, Fabulous theme, Love the image & embossing.. Have a happy day... Hugs May x x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab card Kate love the image and the musical dies! Oh I do envy you being able to sing, that is one talent that I really wish I had! Unfortunately, I sound worse than a dying cat!! It still doesn't stop me though - no wonder my husband is going deaf! Susan x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

What a brilliant card. I love how you have managed to carry the theme through everything .. .. starting with the embossed background. That looks a gorgeous embossing folder!

Love the die work too!

Hope you have a good week and enjoyed the bank holiday break.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Patricia said...

Kate this is brilliant once again you have got everything to marry up.
Fantastic card that Dougie will just LOVE!!!
Have a Great day

Patricia xxx

Erika said...

Hi Kate, oh I so need this image, it would be perfect for my FIL's birthday card. Great card love your colour combo.
Hugs Erika.

Crafteezee said...

Hi Kate,
Perfect card for a musician, I play the flute, but haven't picked it up in almost two years :(
Hugs Tracy x

Marie-Louise said...

What a fantastic card Kate.

Unknown said...

I really love the embossing and those neat musical accents.