Sunday 5 May 2013

Lighthouse!

Good Morning Everyone,  are you all enjoying the Bank Holiday?  I hope the weather is good where you are.  Sunny off and on here but it could still be showery.

Thanks to all you visited and left lovely comments on my last post.  I find them all so encouraging and I get so thrilled that you all want to come and visit.

Well the menfolk were rained off and came back early, that's a first, they don't usually abandon their trip but Alistair said that enough was enough.  It was so wet that water came up through the ground and flooded a part of the tepee.  So when I got home yesterday I found a trail of equipment from the garden to right up the stairs.  But they seemed to enjoy the time they had.  This is the problem when you love doing outdoor pursuit's weather dictates.  Anyway, it was lovely to have him back.

I took myself off to Howden's in the afternoon where there was a Docrafts demo with Geraldine Carruthers, who's is fab with all her designs and techniques, and enjoyed not only the demo but the banter with the other crafters attending the demo, then had a cuppa with them afterwards.

I concentrated on my knitting yesterday so no new card made, but found one I haven't yet posted;
This is a favourite Kanban stamp that I know quite a few of you have and it's one of the first card I made, hence the silver mirri which I don't really use now.  The Paper is Papermania, forget the name, grey card and coloured with Promarkers.  The sentiment you have also seen before, it's from a set by Creative Expressions.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday, we are off up to the Observatory, apparently there is something happening there today, then a spot of lunch, and if I can get some 8x8 kraft card I'll get cracking with my next card, which is for our friend's 60th.
Hope to see you soon,  Kate x


19 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Kate I love this stamp its brilliant for the men
jacqui x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh what a fab card Kate, love the image so useful for lots of cards and the sentiment is fab! Such a shame about your husband but I bet you are pleased to have him home! Enjoy your lunch. Susan x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card.love the image and fab colours.xxx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate. Pity about Alistair's adventure being being spoiled ,but as you say ,the weather dictates in this country. Enjoy your trip and of your lunch. Speak Soon. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Kate. it is funny how our papers change when we getinto crafting. Sorry Alistair had to cut short his outing due to the weather. I am waiting till it warms up a bit befor venturing out in the caravan. Don't know if we will get the expected higher temps tomorrow but today it is showery and cold. Fingers crossed for an improvement.

Wilma x x x

Sue said...

This gorgeous Kate. I have this image too, it's fabulous for men's cards. Your colouring is brilliant and I love the layout
hugs Sue xx

Alison Scott said...

Great image and sentiment.
That's a shame abiut the trip being rained off, that's thetrouble with getting older, comfy is more appealing than roughing it!
Enjoy your day out, hope the rain stays off. I am ironing while blooming Super Sunday is on ;-)

Patricia said...

Fantastic card Kate, just love it.
Pity about the trip, I am sure they will have thought of another perhaps when the weather hopefully gets better.

Patricia xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely image, hope you have sun today, it's been glorious here all weekend so far

rachel said...

wonderful card Kate - keep meaning to ink this one up myself! Sorry to hear the trip got rained off but glad you still got to a craft demo - you can't beat it xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just beautifully gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

Sue said...

This is beautiful Kate, we've had good weather so far this bank holiday. We are hoping to get out for a drive tomorrow with Ollie ..fingers crossed LOL huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxx

pam said...

fabulous card Kate, love this image and great layout
pam

Marie-Louise said...

Love the card Kate. I really love this stamp.

Hazel said...


Another great card Kate, as usual you have coloured it beautifully.
I bet Alistair was glad to pack up and come home.


Hazel

Wendy Fraser said...

Brilliant card, I have that stamp but have never made anything I like with it, I always seem to mess it up! Must have another go with it as it would go well with my new Ahoy There papers I bought yesterday. It was great to catch up and have a blether. xx

Queenie Jeannie said...

We finally had glorious weather on a WEEKEND!!! I hate it when it's nice all week, then rains on the weekend when we're all together, ugh! So much fun being out and about.

Lovely card! It's funny how our styles and "favorites" change over time, isn't it? I cringe when I think about my early, early cards, lol!!

Erika said...

Great card Kate and love the sentiment too.
Sounds like you had good crafty fun on Saturday too.
Hugs Erika.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kare,
wonderful card. I love that stamp.
So sorry about the weather for your hubbies outdoor pursuits.
Still as you say it's nice to have them back safe and sound.
Have wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.