Friday 26 October 2018

Winter Breeze!

Hello Everyone from a very cold Inverness.....4 degrees this morning Brrrrr!! Alistair informs me that Ben Wyvis is plastered in snow, lovely to look at but not yet good to walk up.The woolie socks are now on.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate all your kind words.

Heading in to another weekend, boy do they come around so quickly!, no plans as yet, it might be another quiet one.

Back with more Snowmen this time from Card-io and aren't they just so much fun. Pity however about the lantern where I hadn't let the ink dry enough before I added the the yellow ink for the light, next time I will do the yellow first. 
I also bought the chunky white embossing powder to make the snow, not showing up in this photo but it is there as is lots of glitter.

I've been busy making quite a few of Card-io cards to give to Moreen as I thought she might like to give some handmade cards this year. I love the Card-io images and I was once again inspired by Wendy when she was on Hochanda last week, she makes the most wonderful cards and oes it so quickly too.

Well, that's me for now, I'll be back at the weekend with the latest CCC card, seems no time since I posted the last one, take care and cheerio for now,





23 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a fun card. I like how I can look at the different parts of the scene and make up a story about what is going on there. I didn’t notice any problem with the yellow glow. Hope you have a good weekend. We don’t have too many plans yet, and that is just the way I like it!

Jo said...

Fab & fun....I'd love to be playing with those snowmen lol.....and the lantern looks fine to me. Hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you decide to do.....I'm having my grandson x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun card, love the lantern and the glitter to compliment the snowmen!

Mrs A. said...

Wonderful card and the melting snowman did make me smile. Hugs Mrs A.

Dortesjs said...

ohhh this is so sweet, i started on snowmen too ;O)) great card yours

pam said...

Lovely card Kate.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love Cardio as you know and snowmen so love this, such a fun card. So goad I don’t live uo North, much warmer here x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Kate, you have created a fun scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
I love this wonderful card and your super design is gorgeous.
The inked sky looks stunning and the scene is such a great one.
Can't see anything wrong with the lantern it looks really good to me.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
did a comment just now and it has disappeared.
I love this wonderful card and your scene looks so wonderful.
Your sky looks very stunning and beautifully created.
Can't see anything wrong with your lantern.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

A brilliant winter scene, those little snowmen look fab
Lorraine x

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! I love the beautiful winter scene you've created!! The colors of the sky are gorgeous!! The snowmen are adorable!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DIMI said...

Good morning dear Kate!
Wow! Cold and snow in your area! Very early for that!
You made a fabulous card! Like the Winter theme ,the Snowman image ,the flying geese and the lamb!
Very beautifully colored! Wishing you a lovely day and a happy weekend!xxx
Dimi...

meg said...

A wonderful scene Kate, the snowmen are lots of fun, one looks really happy an others hat blowing away and the third seems to be melting or has been knocked down love it, we had lots of hail yesterday and it looks as though we had more or worse snow this morning the steps are covered.

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful scene you have created on this gorgeous card. Very apt for today as it is very cold.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

More fun Card-io snowmen Kate, and you have managed to get wonderful atmosphere with the trees, birds and lovely lantern light, and the great colours in the sky give the feeling of a bright winter day. x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Love the lovely scene you have created Kate, the lantern glowing, and the light reflected on the snow. Adorable snowmen too. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs xx.

Birgit said...

The snowmen are having a fun time including the melting one. What a fun card

rachel said...

love these snowmen Kate - they really are such fun and your scene is wonderful! Big hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

This card is so sweet. Those little snowmen are very fun and cute and your sky looks like the Northern Lights!

Pamellia said...

What a wonderfully fun scene you created. I just love the warm glow around the lantern, and your snowmen are festive and joyful! hugs :)

Mia said...

AMAZING card, Kate. I love the joyful snowmen!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

Sue said...

What fun happy snowmen! The weather suits them fine and the card just makes you feel happy looking at it. Nicely done, Kate, you know I love me a snowman!

Hugs
Sue