Wednesday 17 October 2018

Hanging Flower!

Hello there Friends and Visitors, I hope you are well and having a good day.
We are having a few good days weather wise, cold but sunny and at least I'm still getting the washing out and if not quite dry, very nearly.....oh the things that make me happy!!

Thank you all for your continued visits and leaving such lovely comments, I do appreciated each and every one of them.

I have the TV on just now whilst writing this post and enjoying an old film, some of you might know it, Tunes of Glory, with Alec Guinness and John Mills, and the reason I'm watching it is for the awful Scottish accent that Alec Guinness has, It has me rolling around laughing, a bit like Meg Gibson's accent in Braveheart, it just didn't work, especially as he tried to sound like a Highlander when in fact William Wallace was more Lowlander. I love Alex Guinness as an actor, and the film today is a good one, it has even proper Scottish actors in it, like Duncan Macrea  and Gordon Jackson, but Alex shouldn't have tried to have Morningside accent....that's a posh area in Edinburgh for those who don't know. Anyhow it's good entertainment, but on to my card,


I've used this beautiful image from Chocolate Baroque...Hanging Flowers and stamped and embossed in Silver on to Vellum and then coloured with Zig pens. I matted on to light grey card and added a punch border and ribbon to match the colours. Sentiment is also  from CB,a dazzler and a few sequins finishes the card.

We are off to Strathdon tomorrow to visit our friends Peter and Jean. Those of you who have been with me for a while might remember that Peter had cancer on the tongue the other year, and thankfully came through it all with masses of radiation treatment every day for a week in fact, and it did the trick, but he had to loose his lymphnodes which has brought all sort of other problems, but he soldiers on and thankfully is back to painting....he is a brilliant artist.   It's been a while since we were last over so I'm looking forward to catching up, plus they have four gorgeous Labradors and an adorable horse called Luna.

So, that's me for now, take care of yourselves and see you soon,

26 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty flowers on vellum! I guess they look like fuschia to me. Have a lovely day!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Kate, with such elegant embossing! It's gorgeous! I hope you have an enjoyable trip tomorrow! hugs, de

Jo said...

Oh Kate that's beautiful....the silver embossing on vellum looks so nice & the colours you chose are just right.....love it! Hope you have a lovely trip away tomorrow x

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is so beautiful, the flowers are gorgeous the siler embossing and the vellum show the image beautifully. Marlene

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love how you have embossed the flower and the rich colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Harrop said...

This is so pretty Kate. I love the silver embossing on the vellum - very delicate. Hugs Christine x

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Such a gorgeous card ! Love the silver embossing and the fuchsia details!Well done!
Tunes of glory is one of my favorite movie!And Alec Guinness was a great actor and excellent performer!
Watching the tv series Outlander,you can hear Jamie Frazer with the great Scottish assent !
Good luck to your friend,and have a safe trip! Wishing you a lovely evening!xxx
Dimi...

Lisa said...

Wow, Kate, this is absolutely stunning!! The flowers look so elegant and amazing!! I love the beautiful silver embossing and the colors!! It's so gorgeous!! I hope you have a wonderful trip tomorrow!! Safe travels!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mac Mable said...

Enjoyed reading about your thoughts on the film you where watching....we would be thinking exactly the same x.
What a fabulous card Kate. The image is so pretty and the colours you've used are so vibrant and absolutely stunning.
Enjoy your trip to Strathdon and thank you for the update on Peter x

meg said...

beautiful stamping and use of vibrant colours Kate, brilliant floral design.

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the pretty image and lovely colours.
Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a pretty card Kate, love the silver embossing and
the colours you have used, look lovely with the silver. All
in all a beautiful card.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely flowers on your card, so sweet and striking with embossed vellum!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Kate I do love the stamping/embossing onto vellum.x

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so beautiful, Kate. I love the silvery embossing...it looks so lovely here.

Birgit said...

I love your card and embossing on vellum and colouring it just pops on the card...so pretty. I’m glad you could visit your friends and that he is doing well. I have seen this film but man6 years ago so would like to see it again. I wonder if I would pick up on the bad accent?

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A great card Kate. I have no chocolate baroque stamps but looking at this stamp I may invest in some. Xxx

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Love how you have used the vellum. Wonderful effect. Have fun with your friends in Strathdon. Pleased to hear Peter is back painting.
Hugs Flo xx

Jannet said...

A beautiful card Kate, have a lovely time with your friends xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kate, such a pretty stamp and lovely colours.
I hope you have a lovely day with your friends.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so pretty. Have a lovely time with your friends

Sue said...

Love your card, and the silver embossing on the velum looks awesome, Kate.
I buy a plant like this every year because the humming birds love them and we sit on our patio and they come to feed, we love watching them. These tiny birds aren't even afraid of the dog! Beautiful card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

rachel said...

saw this one on facebook Kate - really wonderful. Such a delicate flower and done so beautifully - I love it! Hugs rachel xx

MaryH said...

I love the oldies films too, and Alec is one of my fav British actors. (How did you like him as a Japanese man in Majority of One? With Rosalind Russell) So glad to hear your friend is doing well, and coping with all the side effects of this treatment. I'm sure your visit will cheer him up so much too. Loved the silvery embossing on the vellum. It looks so delicate, and you picked a perfect color for the blossoms that showed so well against the vellum and silver. Take care, enjoy your outing. TFS & Hugs

Cristina said...

Hola Kate! Me gusta mucho pasar a visitarte, conocer tus gustos un poquito más y disfrutar de tus bonitos trabajos. A mí también me gusta mucho el actor Alec Ginness y también aprovecho los ratitos en que veo una película para hacer manualidades.
La tarjeta te quedó muy bonita, el relieve en plata la hace muy elegante, la flor es preciosa, un trabajo maravilloso!
Un beso!

Pat said...

I have this CB image too and it is so beautifully coloured, and you have made such an elegant and pretty card using it Kate. I also love the punched border and ribbon as finishing touches...gorgeous! x