Sunday 7 October 2018

Waterfront!

Hello Everyone, back from our travels and had a lovely few days near Peebles which is on the way to the Scottish Borders. The weather wasn't bad at all and managed a few walks. The colours of the trees were glorious, I just love all that gold and bronze shading.
My hot stone massage what wonderful, to be highly recommended and I felt so relaxed afterwards, a must for the Christmas list I think.

Anyway, I hope you are all well, but if not, sending out kind thoughts that you will feel better soon.

Obviously while away I wasn't doing any commenting, in fact, I couldn't work out how to get the wifi going, sometimes I'm techie challenged, however it did give me a lovely break from all things internet.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments left on my last card, which was my DT contribution for the Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge Blog. It's also my last creation for it as I've stepped down. I have come to realise that I just like what I do, and felt frustrated by having to do techniques that are not my style...  I will follow what the lovely girls on the team do as it's an excellent idea to have a challenge blog that shows different techniques to new and experienced crafters, just not for me.

My card today ;
The stamp is a set from SU called Waterfront, comprises of mountains, water and a variety of  trees. I stamped the scene with various inks. It took me about four attempts to get to this, but a simple enough card really. I think it's a good masculine card. There are also palm trees in the set so you could have a tropical scene.

While we were away we visited  Traquair House, which is near Peebles and what an interesting place it is, the history dates to before the 11th century and most of the Scottish Kings have stayed there, including Mary Queen of Scots, who visited with her husband Lord Darnley and baby son who was eventually to become James 6th of Scotland and 1st of England. Now I'm sure many of you who follow me will know of this history, but there may be some from far off lands who don't. Then of course there was also the Bonnie Prince that many Highlanders lost their lives whilst  trying to restore the Stuarts to the Scottish throne.  I love this period of history, and have read quite a bit as I've gotten older, because in my day at school we were not taught about Scottish history....I wonder why!
Here is a photo of the King's Room, and the bed Mary slept in, we were thinking that people must have been much shorter as it's quire a small bed.
And here is the cradle made for the young Prince, it's beautifully carved.

We spend a good while at this house,  well worth a visit.

So, back to the old routine, and although it's lovely to have a break away it's always good to get home.

That's me for now, I hope you are enjoying your weekend, till next time keep well and cheerio,

25 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely card scene. Glad you got some R&R in and that you had good weather. That is the most lovely baby cradle, clearly made for the prince!

Wendy L said...

Your scenic card is lovely KAte.
The pics look amazing, my John would love to go there, he is a real history buff.
xxxx

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Glad you enjoyed your brake and had a relaxing time!
Your card is very preety and beautiful theme too!
Wonderful pictures from your visit to the Traquair House!
I have watched the three seasons of OUTLANDER,and learn so mush about the history of Scotland !
And I’m dreaming to visit one day! Thank you for sharing! Have a lovely week!!xxx
Dimi...

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely to hear that you’ve had a good break Kate. It is sometimes good to have a break from the internet. We often visit the Lakes where the signal is quite often none existent and it does allow you to really relax. You’ve created such a peaceful scene and those hills remind me of Scotland. Love the colours too x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had a good time and thanks for your lovely comment today on my blog. This is very pretty

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing scenic card! Love your photos too!

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card. Was a pleasure to work with you.

Lisa said...

Hello, my friend!! I'm back from vacation and catching up on all I've missed while I was away!! I hope you had a wonderful vacation, too!! It sounds like a fabulous time!!

What a stunning card!! The colors are amazing!! I love the stamp you used!! So, so gorgeous!!

I scrolled though the projects I missed while I was away and they are all so fabulous!! I especially love the camel Christmas card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Kate, and sounds like your trip was pretty adventurous. Love the photo's something I would love to see in real life and not just on the telly.xx

Sue said...

This is a beautiful scene, Kate. I love scene stamping, and just never find the time it seems. Great colors too

Hugs
Sue

dutchess said...

So glad you had a good break....and that the weather was kind...back home nothing like it......
What a lovely tranquil scene you have created Kate....really beautiful,I know what you mean about the creation of cards..I hated being on a DT and only doing cards with specific products or style ...you just have to create when and what you feel like....xxxx

brenda said...

It sounds like you had a good break away Kate and pleased the hot stnes were relaxing, always wondwered about it. Love the colours on your card, the colours are very much as I remember our trips to Scotland and the purple reflecting the heathers.

Bx

meg said...

love the stamp and the colours you chose Kate, looks like a lot of work, but well worth it for the beautiful finished result

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful scenic card Kate. So happy to hear you had a wonderful break.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pam said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful break Kate.
Beautiful scene you have created, love the fabulous colours.
Pam x

Sue said...

Nice card scene Kate and I love visiting places with lots of history huggles Sue xx

Anne said...

Sounds like you had a lovely break Kate, nothing nicer than a walk in the Autumn sunshine when the trees are golden.
This card is wonderful, I thought you'd painted it at first, what a great effect from the stamps.
It's so hard to create something that you're not happy with. I stepped down from my ribbon dt, I love ribbon and lace but I just don't use them on my cards any more and I was struggling to find inspiration so I know where you're coming from.
Anne x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
You have created a marvellous scene there. Very Highlandish.
The hot stones sound lovely. Have always fancied an Indian head massage.
Ang x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely scene on your card today Kate, so glad you had a great break away too, time to relax and recharge your batteries and enjoy yourselves.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, you have created a beautiful scene - I love the colours.
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your trip, great photographs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Your break away sounded wonderful and what a treat with the hot stones massage. Makes sense about your DT...if you are not enjoying it or it's not for you then you made the right decision. Wonderful masculine card, great stamps and such beautiful colours x.
Thanks for sharing about the visit to Traquair House x.

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, wow your card is just beautiful Kate. Well done. Love the beautiful photos you added and the history you shared. Hugs Anet x

Águeda said...

Hermosa tarjeta.
Besos y feliz fin de semana

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely scenic card...looks like you had a wonderful trip too.
xx Karen

rachel said...

What a wonderful scenic card Kate - really lovely indeed. Sounds like a great trip away too! Hugs rachel x