Saturday 14 March 2020

Spring Tulips!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and that you've got a lovely weekend planned, even if it's to do nothing special.  A quiet one for me, a little bit of housework and a bit of crafting. I've got my leek and potato soup trotting away and mince and tatties all ready for tonight's dinner.  I'm on the ball today lol.

Thank you so much for your visits and your lovely comments. I do appreciate that you continue to visit my blog, it all takes so much time so thank you.

I have a card that I would like to enter into;
https://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-flower-challenge-42-anything-g

Not a great photo sorry about that. Anyway, this is a lovely Chocolate Baroque tulip image and I've watercoloured it with my Altenew Watercolour paints and splattered Gold Perfect Pearls over it. I've added a few tiny gold pearls and mounted it onto matt gold card. The sentiment is also from CB. I had another base card embossed, so I thought it would go well.  That's it folks.

Well we are still awaiting news of the new baby. Angela was booked into the hospital on Thursday night, but all is quiet next door, so hopefully soon.  Damian took 48 hours to make his appearance, and he and I were so tired that he had to be helped out.  It all seems like yesterday, but it's 49 years ago....eeek!

I spent the best part of an afternoon trying to make a box for their card. Anything I've got to measure beats me as I'm hopeless with numbers. I was trying to follow a You Tube video on a 5x7 box. Easy peasy...not for yours truly, the amount of card I used up was ridiculous, anyhoo, I finally managed it. Not the best, but not my worst.
Alistair laughed saying why didn't you ask me for help, I could have made it for you....just great!

Rightie oh, the cat's cleaning the windows with his paws, I don't think... trying to get me up to let him, so I'll say cheerio for now and see you tomorrow for the latest Christmas Card Club creations.
Take care of yourselves,

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Have a great day. Love your card, very pretty. Hope kitty is enjoying outside time.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, I do love the tulips and beautiful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jo said...

Beautiful image & a lovely sentiment too. Enjoy your mince & tatties......one of my favourite meals x

Flo Langley said...

Such a pretty card Kate. You seem on the ball with your chores. I did giggle when I read about Alistair and the box making. Best wishes for Angela. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Flo xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card with lots of texture and a beautiful sentiment too Kate.
Faith x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards Kate, sorry I haven't been around, have had a cold again, seems to come back after a couple of weeks. Hope you are well. Marlene

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh your card is super. I love seeing the tulips start to show. Hope you enjoyed the mince and tatties, Hazelx

meg said...

beautifully coloured tulips Kate, a little ray of sunshine on a miserable day, hope your neighbour has her baby soon

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kate, beautiful tulips and lovely embossed background - a fabulous sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

This is such a pretty CB Spring image and you have coloured the tulips beautifully and a great embossed background too. Like you I am not the bet at things that need accurate measurements I always seem to be that tiny bit off..lol, but I'm sure your box was finished beautifully in the end, we are always our own worst critics. x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colouring and absolutely gorgeous stamping and background Kate, have a good Sunday.xx

brenda said...

I'm so late arriving for this one Kate, but it's more beautiful Tulips. Hope by now that baby has made an appearance, I thin there would be the same excitement if one arrived in our little hamlet as it's been years.

B x

rachel said...

Beautiful make Kate - love the tulip image and your chosen colour is so cheerful - just what we need with all the madness that is happening. Big hugs rachel x

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your post Kate x. What a beautiful card with wonderful and pretty tulips x.

Pop's Cards said...

Simply stunning hugs Pops x

Diane said...

Beautiful water colored tulips!! Totally beautiful card!! I am not good with measurements either, but glad you got it figured out and I am sure it is just fine!! My kitty does the same thing, but they never go out, too many things for them to get into lol!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf....I just can't wait to see the tulips in our part of the world.
I hope you are keeping well, life here is crazy as we prepare for the onslaught of virus cases. ugh.
xx Karen

Bobby said...

This is such a lovely Spring card, Kate. The tulips are beautifully colored and I love the splatters and embossed background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Sue said...

Pretty tulips and cards, soon they will be appearing for real! Ah, Spring.

Hugs
Sue