Sunday 1 March 2020

Post Box/Mail Box for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, I do hope you are well and having a good weekend.....my goodness it doesn't seem that long ago it was last weekend, these weeks are whizzing by.

So are the Christmas Card Club fortnights, here we are again with our second February Challenge and this time it's our lovely Mrs. A also known a Valery who has chosen the theme and it's Post Boxes or Mail Boxes.  I managed two cards this time;
This adorable image is from a CD called Magical Christmas Moments, and it's all lovely and fluffy animals. Added lots of glitter and found some old paper that looked snowy and came across a sentiment from Docrafts, which is really old. a few wee red gems and that's it.

Another Little Claire image, coloured with Copic Markers, DI background with gel pen for snow, and glitter around the base of the pillar box. A Memory Box snowflake die......don't know when I last used that. and some papers found in my stash of papers. Sentiment is also Little Claire. I've also added a few gems.
Quite simple cards Valery, I hope you like them and I did enjoy the challenge and it also allowed me to use some older stash, so thank you.

Well, that's me for now, but just to thank you before I go for your continued visits and lovely comments. A warm Welcome to my newest Follower too, I hope you will pop in often.
Take care of yourselves and see you soon,

28 comments:

meg said...

Two beautiful cards Kate when I saw the first one I thought about your grandpets it's a beautiful make love the second one too

Valerija said...

Wow these are absolutely STUNNING!! Love them both. Wonderful images and colours.
Valerija xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. Two wonderful card from you. I do love them both. More rain here today and it's so dull and depressing. However I'm out to lunch with two old friends today that I only see once a year, so we will have lots to talk about. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs Rita xxx

dutchess said...

Morning Kate from a very wild and windy York....two lovely cards ...great images of post boxes,they are so iconic and really shout christmas to me.....hope your weather isn’t too bad and not too much snow....xxxx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Kate, I especially like the one with the gorgeous animals.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafting Queen said...

Two great card, adore the fist one as the image is just too cute.

Mrs A. said...

Glad you enjoyed the theme I chose. Your two cards are lovely. Csn’t Best postboxes and robins on a Christmas card. So
Iconic. The sun is shinning so
I am sat in the summerhouse whilst waiting for the washing machine to churn out its next load. The wind is drying everything in record time. Mind you having to make sure everything is well pegged on the line! Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

Two beautiful Xmas cards Kate!yes the weeks fly by so quickly don't they ;) Viv xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two beautiful cards and love especially the first one, it's so cute with the dogs and the kitty!

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Kate, I love the layout and designs. I hope you have had a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Two Delightful and heartwarming cards Kate, Love them
Faith x

Flo Langley said...

These are super cards Kate. You do have some fun challenges. Love the post boxes. It did make me think though how long will post boxes be around. It's like the phone boxes. Times move on I suppose. Hope your weekend is going well.
Take care, Hugs Flo xx

rachel said...

Brilliant - I love these Kate - really fabulous. The second one is my fave! Both lovely but I really like the way the birds are posting the letter. Big hugs xx

Elizabeth said...

Two lovely cards, Kate. Love the images and you've just reminded me that I have that CD. And it's certainly good to be using old stash. Hugs, xx

pam said...

Two beautiful cards Kate.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two great cards

aussie aNNie said...

Two gorgeous cards, this CD sounds really nice. Love the fur babies on the first one.xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two lovely creations for the theme this week Kate, lovely images and and designs.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

Two great cards, Kate. Loving the images. you have made them up into such pretty cards.

gwen70 said...

2 beautiful cards. love them both xx

Pop's Cards said...

These are just so adorable, so very cute, hugs Pops x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your cards are both super, What pretty images, Hazelxx

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards Kate.
Lorraine x

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are wonderful. Great design and layout on the second one and a super adorable first one x.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely card Kate and I do love to see post boxes on Christmas cards. I think it's the burst of red against the snowy backgrounds that I like x

Karen Dunbrook said...

how sweet....well done mf
xx Karen

Sue said...

I love both cards. The old red mailboxes are a favorite of mine, nostalgia I guess. Beautiful backgrounds too. Awesome makes, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

Two great post boxes Kate, and love the first with those dogs and the cat, although it does look a little unsure about the dogs being so close..lol, and the second with that beautiful blue sky and glittery snow, and such a pretty snowflake die cute down the side. Wonderful cards. x