Sunday 15 September 2019

Anything Goes for the CCC!

Hello to You All, and I hope you are having a relaxing and lovely Sunday....whatever your'e doing.

We've just returned from getting the food shopping, an activity I hate, but needs must, having said that the putting it all away is even worse, anyway done and dusted and now sitting typing this post and having a cuppa. Alistair is sewing up a hem that's come down on a pair of his walking trousers. I couldn't get the needle through the material, he's managing better.

So, it's time once again for our Christmas Card Club members to show off their creations, and an easy peasy one this time "Anything Goes"
I noticed a crafting magazine the other day, Papercraft Essentials, with a shaker card kit in it. Now I love shaker cards and this kit gave all the elements needed, plus blank card bases. Here's what I made;


This last one isn't a shaker style. Now I have to say that I really copied the beautiful sample that were in the magazine, I believe that these were designed by the very talented Helen Griffin, I've tweaked them a little , but really they are mostly her designs. I love all the little elements, the cats, trees, swags and sentiments and sequins are all in the kit. The background papers are lovely, especially the scenes, and as I don't have a die that would cut windows, it was great to have those in the kit too.
I have plenty left to make more if I want, and I probably will.
I hope you like them. It was lovely to see a few of my lovely Blog Friends, Pauline Bird and Anne Richardson in the magazine with their gorgeous samples.
Please have a look at what the other CCC girls create, always fabulous designs.

Well Alistair has finished his sewing, he's now getting his gear together as he and "The Boys" are off tomorrow for a couple of days out in the wilds. Peace perfect peace for Teallach and me lol.

Thank you all so much for the kind offers to help with spread sheets......if you lived nearer. I ended up making them up in Open Office Writer, I don't have the Microsoft Word programme and this one is free and good enough for the small amount of admin things I ever need to do. I inserted a table with the help of You Tube, and it will have to do. It's not brilliant, but it will have to do.

Thank you too for the lovely comments on my last card too, I do appreciated each and every one of them.

That's me for now, enjoy the remainder of your weekend and see you soon,
I would like to enter my second card into;http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2019/09/106-use-acetate-mrs-duck.html

30 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Really gorgeous card Kate. I dislike shopping too but I agree that the worst part id unpacking the card and putting it all in the cupboards. Hope Alistair enjoys his time away - and I hope you enjoy his time away ... lol! I used to love it when John went off climbing and I had a n=bit of time alone. Hugs Christine xx

Mia said...

All are beautiful, Kate! Especially the shaker ones! I wish we had card-making magazines in Greece! Hugs, my dear friend.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What sweet shakers. I do just love the little kitties that are part of them!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Amazing Christmas cards, Kate!! Love so much the two shakers and also the last one! Kitties behind a window always add a fabulous warm feel, isn't it? :) Great works!
Well done with the spread sheet!!
Hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super set of shaker cards Kate, I haven't seen this kit on a magazine as yet but it looks lovely and you have three beautiful cards.
Lorraine

Margarets designer cards said...

These cards are lovely, I love the extra bits cats etc gives the cards an extra style all of their own

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Kate and I love the window die that you've used. Your enjoy your perfect peace xx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards

Lisa said...

Your cards are so beautiful!! I love the kitty window scenes you've created!! They're all so fabulous!! I hope you and Teallach enjoy your peace!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jennifer Johnston said...

Three fabulous cards Kate. My favourite of the
three just has to be the middle one, just love the wintry scene
out of the window. Have a good week Kate.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

meg said...

love that you included cats in your cards Kate, beautiful shaker elements and papers love your trio

Elizabeth said...

Lovely cards, Kate. I particularly like the cats peaking through the window. You did well to master the spreadsheets - they're not easy. Smart move to pass the sewing to Alistair too :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I never mind food shopping, we often have a coffee/tea whilst we are there so making it a bit more of an outing. Gorgeous cards, great little scenes.

Mrs A. said...

These really are cute. I love the Siamese cats. Hugs Mrs A.

Lorraine said...

I hate food shopping and I always forget something that I need!
Gorgeous cards Kate, the shaker cards looks fab.
Lorraine x

Diane said...

Super cute designs Kate, the little cats looking out are perfect.

Hugs Diane

Jannet said...

Gorgeous shaker cards Kate, wonderfully created ! Xx

aussie aNNie said...

These cards are just lovely, I have several window dies but never think to use them. Brilliantly designed and ideas.xx

dutchess said...

Fabulous cards Kate...loving all the elements that make up the scenes.....
Still away on our holidays our last week....xxxx

brenda said...

Three more lovely creations Kate, looking inside through the window has a rather magical feel and so perfectly finished with the cat sitting contentedly.

B x

cotnob said...

Super cards Kate, you have created lovely window scenes - these magazine kits are so useful and great value. I love creating samples for magazines, it is always a challenge and I still get excited when I see my makes in print!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow what beautiful cards ,such lovely work my friend,I also hate doing grocery shopping and I agree it's even worse putting everything away xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
3 fab cards and the scenes in those windows look so cosy on the one and very wontery in the second.
Poor kitties in the third outside in the snow. LOL
Beautiful papers used on the third.
Oh my Alistair off on his Milk Tray adventures again such a great action man you have there.
I to hate the shopping for groceries and as you say the putting away.
Luckitly being on my own I no longer have to go every week just every couple of weeks, and in between my daughter buys me bread and milk.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

What lovely shaker cards, Kate. Love how one is looking in and another looking out. Of course the kitty is the star of both!!!

Hugs
Sue

Mac Mable said...

What great shaker kits in the magazine and what a fabulous job you've done with them. They are so pretty and the window shakers look wonderful x. Hope DH has a great time away? x

Linda Simpson said...

These are all beautiful Kate, thanks for your comments on my blog while I was away, much appreciated.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

This was a great freebie Kate and you have made the most of it with your three beautiful cards. I love the cute cats included. I hate going shopping too Kate. We were away last week and the cupboard is quite bear and we should have gone today to replenish stocks but neither of us was motivated to do it so I have been digging deep to find things to eat..lol. Enjoy your peace and quiet. x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful selection of Xmas cards here Kate, love them all ;) Viv xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow what beautiful xmas cards ,the cats are so cute,beautiful work my friend,well done xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such sweet holiday cards Kate, the little cat looking out the window watching the snow, adorable.
xx Karen