Thursday 19 September 2019

Snowy Forest Scene!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and enjoying your day. It's a lovely sunny day here and there is warmth in the sun.
I met up with Fiona my Choral friend for a cuppa and a catch up this morning, unfortunately she is giving up the Choral, too much going on in her life just now. She will be missed, especially by me.  Then I did a bit of shopping, I went to The Works and bought a couple of Christmas dies, a beautiful 6x6 Christmas paper pad and a die cut pad, all for    £9, so inexpensive, the dies cut out beautifully and the paper is a good weight, not at all flimsy. You can really find some fabulous crafting stuff in The Works.

My card today is made with a beautiful Nellie Snellen  stamp, gifted by Mrs. Duck;

       Card base is Kraft  card, and the lovely background paper is another gift from the lovely Mrs. D. I love this image of the stag amongst the trees. I've used watercolour paint to give a light wash over the trees and the sky. Lots of glitter to give the impression of glistening snow, The greeting is a freebie from Creative Stamping magazine.

Alistair and "the boys" had a marvellous couple of days doing what they do, and Teallach and I had a lovely peaceful time, where ate and slept and I knitted, bliss!!  Not getting all that much in the way of cards made, I think my mojo has gone walk about, and I think that's what tempted me to by these bits and pieces from The Works.  I'll maybe get some inspiration.

Well, that's me for now, take care everyone and see you soon,


                 

22 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Kate, this is gorgeous, I love the snowy scene it is beautiful. I need to make a start on my Christmas cards soon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a pretty scene stamp and lovely finishing with that pretty paper. Glad you got some shopping and visiting in. Have a great day!

meg said...

this is a beautiful stamp, love the majestic deer and the snowy scene

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the stamp you used, makes a wonderful scene.
Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's such a gorgeous stamp and works so well with the backing paper. A beautiful card.
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, very atmospheric. I have bought some good bargains in The Works

Mia said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. The watercolours among the trees are beautiful and I love the glitter on the snow. Hugs, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful frosty card Kate, love the gorgeous colours and fabulous scene.xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I think alot of UK having good weather but due to change sadly, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card Kateand when I need apick me up a visit to The Works Always does it. As you say very inexpsenive and
I have a bus pass too. Hugs Mrs A.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card, Hope alls well, Hazelxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, lovely papers and wonderful forest scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, I love woodland Scenes, especially if
deer are included lol! just love them. This
is beautiful. Pleased you and Tellach enjoyed
your peaceful time together. Have a wonderful
weekend Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jannet said...

Another beautiful card Kate, the Works sounds like a wonderful shop, you found some great things !

Mac Mable said...

Love the design and layout of your wonderful Christmas card and the tones of colour look fabulous x. Glad the boys had fun and you enjoyed yourself too...great buys from the Works x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow what a beautiful card,i love how it looks 3 D and i love the deer,well done my friend xx

Birgit said...

This is a beautiful card with all the glitter and I love the wash of colour. It is so peaceful looking

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful Christmas card and what wonderful colour tones x

Sue said...

Kate, that's a gorgeous stamp, the glittery snow is lovely and your background paper is perfect. Your friend has good taste.

Hugs
Sue

Pop's Cards said...

This scene is fab sweetie, hugs Pops x

Karen Dunbrook said...

Love this!!!
xx Karen

Pat said...

The stag looks great amongst the trees and the pp makes the perfect background Kate, a beautiful card! Glad you found some good stash in The Works too and hope it stirs your mojo into action, but this card looks fab so I'm not convinced it's gone walkabout. I have been feeling a bit jaded myself but have had a bit of a break which I probably needed. x