Tuesday 10 March 2020

Life's a Climb!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and that you've had a good day. A mixed bag of weather for us today, with downpours and brilliant sunshine and feels quite cold tonight.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, I do so appreciate each and every one of them.

Just a short post tonight to show a bookmark I made for Alistair using stamps from the latest Creative Stamping magazine;
Now I know that it's not the usual bookmark shape, but I wanted to use this mountain scenic stamp, so it had to be more of a rectangle than a long shape.  I've water coloured the scene with Altenew watercolours....I have to say I love these paints, the have a super pigment in them and are just lovely to work with.  I have to report that Alistair loves it....well anything with mountains is his thing.

I've a new baby card to make for our neighbour who will be induced on Thursday, and I think the whole street is excited about the event. It's many, many years since there has been a new baby in the street, and the mum to be is an older mum, so we are all on tenderhooks for her.

Now I've a question than someone might know.... I seem to remember an image, and I think it was a digital one of baby animals in a boat, sort of an ark. I thought I had it, but I must have  been dreaming it. Does anyone know of it and who is it's creator?  I'm not short of baby stamps, but I just loved that one.

So, that's me for now, enjoy your evening and be back another day,

19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful scene and imagine in real life, stunning adventurous and amazing.xx
[Monte is abiding by his training and is one amazing doggie now...so loyal and a joy to have plus more.]
Sorry can't help you re the image.x

brenda said...

It's such a beautiful tranquil scene Kate and interesting to hear first hand about the new watercolours.

Afraid I'm of no use with the image you mention, I know PB have one rather like that but I know not what you are looking for.

B x

meg said...

You created a gorgeous scene with these stamps Kate, perfect for Alistair, I think the digi you are looking for is from di's digis https://www.disdigistamps.com/store/p230/Animal_Ark_B%26W.html
there are also lots of other animal stamps which would make a beautiful baby card

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a greta sentiment for that image and perfect for hubby. I do remember that image it is Pink Gem https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/400310073/digi-stamp-noahs-ark-makes-cute?ga_search_query=Baby&ref=shop_items_search_24&pro=1

cotnob said...

A super bookmark Kate, a fabulous scene - perfect for Alistair.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super and I love the colours you have used for it. They are so fresh. Mixed weather here too. Was freezing overnight as I ended up with a dog under the covers!! Always know its cold when she does that!!! Hope your neighbour gets on well with her induction. I was induced with baby 2 and it put me off for life!! Much easier doing it naturally with no 1 son who was huge in comparison!!! (3lb bigger). Not sure of the image you mean, Ive seen a few with a wee ark. Sorry, Hazelx

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous scene Kate. Beautifully coloured. Makes a perfect bookmark. Sorry not sure about the baby image. Good luck.
Hugs, Flo xx

Linda Simpson said...

Such a beautiful book mark, I love the gorgeous scenery you created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very lovely image! I do love the sentiment too. Great job coloring. How fun that there will be a new baby on the block! That does create so much fun for all.

MiamiKel said...

Aw, Kate! I'm excited for your neighbors to have a new baby! I'm a older mum, too, for my son showed up as quite a surprise! But I know the wee babe will be so loved! I LOVE your bookmark and the gorgeous mountain scene - couldn't you just be there! I would put a chair and just stare - bring a book and probably not even look at it, LOL! Your coloring is magnficent! Hugs!

Valerija said...

You have made a wonderful scene, great card. I love it.
Valerija xx

Wendy L said...

You have made him a lovely bookmark Kate. Can't help with the image of animals.
We are having good weather and getting upto 25 degrees so the summer clothes are coming out, xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the book mark, doesn't matter what shape really does it? Dearie dolls has an ark in digi stamp and also coloured. How lovely to have a baby so close, I should think there will be a lot of baby sitters on hand for this welcome babe.
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

[Happy you found the stamp Kate.xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

great scene card mf....love the sentiment.
xx Karen

Dortesjs said...

great scene, SORRY I dont know about the baby animals in a boat.

rachel said...

Beautiful bookmark Kate - no wonder Alistair loved it! I am waiting to use that set of stamps - its a useful one - just posted more samples off to Hochanda today for the IndigoBlu show on Monday so my desk is a bit clearer ....maybe this weekend I will get onto it! Big huggles my lovely! Rachel x

Pat said...

I thought this was a great set of stamps too but haven't used them yet, but I love this scene you have coloured brilliantly Kate and a bookmark doesn't have to be long and thin. I actually got them with a May birthday in mind as my BIL loves walking and the outdoors, so I will be using them then if not before. I look forward to seeing more of your makes using this set. I think I know the baby animals image you mean but I'm afraid I don't know whose it is. x

Sue said...

A wonderful mountain scene, Kate. I am sure you hubby loved it.

Hugs
Sue