Sunday 8 March 2020

Spring Crocus!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying your weekend.

We have a lovely day here and even managed a drive out to Nairn and I had a wee walk without too much pain. Very breezing though and glad I had remembered to take my hat....cold on the old ears.
I've not been around Blogland much over the last week, I've been out every day and and just not had the time, but I hope to get around to commenting on your blogs today. 
I find I'm less in the house these days since I started with the aqua classes, and last week I met my friend and even went to see Emma, which I thought was really good. I'm a bit more tired these days too, obviously not used to exercise and my blood sugars a a bit up and down at the moment too.
Anyway, all will be sorted out I'm sure, and isn't it great that daylight is lengthening now, Spring feels as if it's finally on it's way. Which leads me into the card I'm posting today as it has a Spring theme and is for; http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/march-spring-florals.html

This little card sees the Chocolate Baroque Spring Crocus stamp, which I've water coloured with Altenew watercolours on Arches Watercolour paper. I found a card base that had embossed at some time and thought it would look good behind the painting, finished off with tiny pearls. A very simple card, but took me ages to paint, one thing with watercolours....patience.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, and the good wishes for my friends climbing adventure, you are all so kind.

Oh my, Alistair's' switched on the rugby...Scotland and France, he's obviously feeling masochistic, how often can one watch Scotland getting a hammering????

That's me for today, take care of yourselves,


28 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Have a great day.

Flo Langley said...

Lovely card Kate. Spring is definitely in the air and its nice to get outside but like you say a bit cold around the ears! :) Hope the blood sugars settle down soon for you.
Hugs Flo xx

Wendy L said...

Hi Kate, your card is beautiful, love the colours.
Hot here in spain today, about 25 whenItook Rico out this afternoon,xxx

Valerija said...

Fantastic spring image and card.
Valerija xx

Jannet said...

Another beautiful card Kate, it will be nice to see more spring flowers coming up in gardens hopefully soon. Enjoy your days out, and exercise. Xx

meg said...

Alistair must have been delighted with the rugby score Kate, I gave up watching the games after the first two, brilliant card, lovely Spring crocus in a gorgeous shade of purple, take care Meg

Hazel (Didos) said...

Haa my Nephew goes to see most of the Rugby live!!! Thats masochistic for you!!! Love this card its so pretty, Lots of crocuses up and out here now. Its chilly too but at least its dry, Hazel x

Pop's Cards said...

This just reminds me spring is on the way I sure wish that it would hurry up, your card is just gorgeous hugs Pops x

rachel said...

Such a pretty card Kate. I love these little flowers bringing colour after winter - they are fabulous! Hugs Rachel xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love the crocus image, so pretty and springy. And great coloring! Sometimes it is a good thing to be away from blogging a bit, glad you got to get out and make your visits, too.

Rita said...

Absolutely beautiful Kate. My crocuses are not through the ground yet. The colours on your card are so pretty. Scotland won today so Alistair will be a happy chappy. Hugs Rita xxx

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, I can't wait until warmer days and the arrival of Spring. Wow the Spring Crocus stamp and your water coloring are gorgeous.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is just beautiful. Love the colours of the crocus Kate, amazing with the pearls added.xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes Spring is on the way and your card sure 'says' that Kate. It is so pretty and your water colouring is fabulous x. Now who would have thought that Scotland would win? x...

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a lovely image and pretty colours - great water colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Kate and a flower that we all associate with Spring. I love the combination of pink and purple too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Spring Florals' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm glad to hear you are out and about Kate, it will do your sugars good too :). Love your beautiful crocuses and the pretty surround. Yes isn't it wonderful to have the evenings lengthening.
Faith x

Sue said...

Beautiful card. Love the crocus, first flower to appear out of the winter ground in the Spring! I have been dabbling in watercolors and you are right takes longer, but having fun.

Hugs
Sue

brenda said...

These are beautiful Tulips Kate and looks stunning against your inky background, lush colour palette as well. Perfect for our Spring Florals theme at Stamping Sensations, thanks so much for joining in.

Hope you BS's stabilise soon, I find mine are always a bit up and down in the winter months, probably something to do with an excess of comfort food!

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty and colourful Spring card

Linda Simpson said...

Such a beautiful card, when you see a crocus in the garden you know spring is on its way :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous watercolouring. I am about to get my paintsout myself as it is raining here today and not much else going on. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Your water colour flowers are so pretty. It does feel like Spring to see the bulbs starting our gardening year!

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love your gorgeous image
Pam x

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Kate, love those spring tulips - very pretty
Lorraine x

Pat said...

I do so love the bright colours with your prettily watercoloured crocuses Kate, and the embossed background goes perfectly. A beautiful card. x

pinky said...

Beautiful card! Loving your colour tones. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Dora said...

Beautiful crocus. Really springflowers.
Thank you for joining at Stamping sensations.