Wednesday 18 March 2020

Congratulations!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all keeping safe.
 Life is just so confusing these days with all the mixed messages coming from the Government, and as for the panic buying, well it's just unbelievable how selfish and greedy some of the human population can be, and not just in the UK, seems like it all over the world. But why toilet rolls! bowel problems are not part of the symptoms and they are made in the UK, apparently some people thought they came from China...eh? it's astounding the level of stupidity that's around when we hit a crisis. I managed to get some paracetamol this morning, but had to witness a customer having a right go at the manager for not allowing more than the two packets, which has been around for years, let alone at the moment. How he kept his calm I don't know, and this lady finished off by saying if her daughter dies, he's to blame. Just awful. 

Anyway, thank goodness there's crafting. My Choral Society has suspended our rehearsals until further notice, which means our May concert is cancelled. All understandable as our choir members are mostly 60 upwards. But, on a brighter note, we've a new little person on the block.

So here is the new baby card made for our neighbours Angela and Eddie 


A Pink Gem digital stamp, and thanks to Annie and Marianne who knew the image I was looking for', it's just so cute. I did eventually manage to make a box for it.

 New baby Alessandro arrived on Sunday night, but mum had to undergo a cesarean section. Baby still in hospital but nothing serious and mum home, hopefully the little one will be home in the next few days, mind you Alistair and I might be on lock down by then  lol.

So, that's me for now, the sun is shining, got the washing out and hopefully it will dry, off to get some lunch now. Keep safe everyone and see you soon,


21 comments:

meg said...

beautiful card Kate, hope babe is home soon

Linda Simpson said...

This is adorable Kate. We went to do our weekly shop this morning and usually there is no one there at 8 am but WOW they were queuing up before the shop was open. Then the shop was nearly empty of food etc I couldn't believe it!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card.

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate. A new baby. What wonderful cheery news. Congratulations to Angela and Eddie. Superb card Kate. Pleased you managed to find the image you wanted. All we need now is some warm weather and we can enjoy spring in the garden. Hugs Flo xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is adorable Kate and will be appreciated I'm sure. I hope Mum is having a well earned rest as baby Alessandro (great name) is getting well. The baby will have a great story to tell when he grows up of the times he was born in.

Yes the greediness has been awful hasn't it?
Keep safe
Faith x

brenda said...

It's adorable Kare and pleased to know baby arrived safely.

B x

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is adorable, nice to hear some good news, a new baby. I agree with you people are so selfish. Marlene

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh what a lovely name for the new baby, I hope that alls well with them both. I love this card and I can see why you loved the image, its adorable. Stay Safe, Hazel xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute card. I agree re the shopping, its a nightmare, no paracetamol to be had never mind two packets. People can be so selfish and greedy. Stay safe

Mia said...

Virus make people act like stupids everywhere in the world, Kate. The same things happen to Greece too. But, as you say, I thank God that I love crafting and not spend my free hours watch the tv news for the virus. Your card for the new baby is fabulous. Lovely image and design, my friend. Great charm and clouds too. Kisses!

aussie aNNie said...

YAY what a beautiful result Kate, such a gorgeous card and glad could be of help....Marianne and I were both on this particular DT a while back hence why we just knew what you wanted...lovely card for Alessandro....xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very gorgeous Baby card and I love that wonderful image.
Beautiful paper used also.
I love the gorgeous feet charm.
Such a wonderful name for the Baby.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A lovely baby card! I hope the baby will be home soon.

Yes, the mixed messaging, the lack of a clear government plan and hoarding/panic buying is a problem everywhere. I guess it makes me feel slightly better that it is not just one country but all over the world that are hoarding. I truly am praying that this pandemic will not be as bad as they say it will.

Our grocery stores were late to do limitations on buying and I think it is best to limit early. They now have an hour each morning at opening just for older customers to shop when it is clean and stocked.

cotnob said...

An adorable card Kate, it's lovely to have some good news for a change, I hope baby is soon home with his family.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

MiamiKel said...

OH my goodness, Kate - this is so precious! What a darling image - I can see why you were searching for it. And you've colored it to perfection! Oh this world is so wild right now and yes, the craziness over TP! I hope you stay safe and take great care of you and yours!

Pop's Cards said...

This is beautiful, huge congrats and I hope both mu m and baby are home together soon, I hope your keeping well, hugs Pops x

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, what an uplifting design. Yes, these are trying times we live in now. When people panic buy it cause bigger shortages. Now stores here are limiting the purchase of some items people can buy, that way there will be more for others.

Stay well

Hugs Diane

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, cannot understand the toilet rolls either.
Stay safe
Pam x

Mac Mable said...

I couldn't agree more with you on your opening comments Kate x.
What a super cute card and what a fabulous name for the new born. Let's hope the little one will be home with his Mum and Dad really soon x. Sorry about your Choral society being suspended, you will miss it x.

Sue said...

What a bright spot in there day when they receive this sweet cart, Kate. A blessing for the new parents in the middle of the madness.

Our Granddaughter was supposed to Graduate from College in May and that is cancelled now. She worked so hard and will graduate with top honors and we could not be more proud of her. It is her birthday on April 12th and we will be celebrating via skype instead of all getting together.

If everyone would just follow the guidelines, we might be able to stop some of the momentum....we have to try.

Stay safe.

Hugs
Sue

Birgit said...

This is so cute and I know your neighbours will love this. People are manipulative when found it. This woman wanted to buy all of it up and when stopped she had to throw something like that out. Who knows if she has a kid but how pathetic to use her to to try to manipulate the situation. People show their best and worst during these times..it shows whom you don’t want to trust at all. I love how the Italians have taken something sad and used music to cheer themselves up.