Friday 8 March 2019

Floral Gramophone!

Hello Crafting Friends, I hope you are well and looking forward to the weekend. Another week has just whizzed by.

I am pleased to say that I am feeling much better, and had a bit better sleep, there's still a cough, but at least I can function better. Alistair is on the mend too, he is upstairs playing his fiddle at the moment and I don't feel like my head is going to cave in with the noise and thumping...he thumps out the beat and it's necessary.....he tells me. So thank you for all your good wishes and healing vibes.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, you are all so kind, and a warm welcome to Kelly who is my latest Follower, I hope you will continue to like what I do and visit often.

Something a little different today, a completed page from an adult colouring book. I bought a few of these books last year and enjoyed colouring during the warm Summer where I could take it all outside and sit in the sunshine and colour to my hearts content. I've not done anything over the Autumn or Winter though. So, as I didn't feel much like card making I picked up one of my books and finished a page;
Here is the book the page is from;
There a lots of lovely drawings in this book, some are quite intricate others not so, but all are beautifully drawn.
I used a combination of Crayola and Staedtler Ergo Soft colour pencils. Both ranges would be considered budget pencil, but quite good, there is a good colour range, but no way as blendable as Prisma Colour or Faber Castell. Anyway, as these pages are just for me, they don't have to be perfect, I just enjoy colouring in, and it's a good way to practice.  

It's a better day today, at least the sun has been shining a bit and no rain, but the weather folk are still talking about  snow sometime at the weekend, still have the woolie socks on.

That's me for now, have a lovely day and I'll see you soon,

28 comments:

Birgit said...

I love to colour and have a few colouring books but I have not been doing this lately...maybe I will do some this weekend:)

dutchess said...

Hi Kate...glad to hear you are still progressing to good health...I like colouring in as well I find it so relaxing...the weather is foul here,rain wind and cold....a good day for crafting ...xxx

Flo Langley said...

Pleased you are both on the mend Kate. The book looks like it is full of lovely images to colour. All for budget pencils and felt pens. I have had some great ones over the years. Have a lovely relaxing weekend.
Hugs Flo xx

Christine Harrop said...

I love the colours you have used on your colouring page Kate. Glad you are both on the mend at last. Hugs Christine x

Mia said...

I am glad you feel better, Kate.
I love your coloured page. Beautiful colouring. You know how much I love colouring books and this looks very interesting. I agree that colouring is a good way to practice but it is also such much fun.
Kisses, my dear friend.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely page, I have a few books to colour and it’s one way to relax.

Rita said...

Beautiful colouring Kate. I'm really glad you are on the mend now. The cough is awful and for some reason is always worse when you lie down. I'm now on to my next Grand-Daughters invitations, although it's not till August I felt I should make a start. Hugs Rita xxx

meg said...

glad to read you are both feeling a lot better Kate, love the colour combo you used on your page

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling much better! Your page is so beautifully coloured, such lovely and delicate palette!I love colouring too, but it takes me away a lot of time that I haven't :(
Hugs

cotnob said...

A pretty page Kate, lovely colours - I find colouring pages so relaxing.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pam said...

Beautiful colouring Kate, glad to hear your on the mend! it is a horrible virus, my head did`nt belong to me and cough!!!
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you are feeling better. This is so pretty

Jennifer Johnston said...

A lovely design Kate and I love the colours you
have used. Beautifully coloured. I too, have
a few similar colouring books and it can be very
relaxing to do. Have a good weekend Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mac Mable said...

Keep hold of those woolie socks....So glad to hear you are on the mend. It certainly helps when you can get some sleep x. What a beautiful colouring book and glad you are enjoying the colouring, just for yourself.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!! What a beautiful page!! I love the colors!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

What wonderful colours on this piece Kate and such a beautiful design. So pleased you are on the mend, there have certainly been some nasties about this winter, flue jab 's aside it still seemed to have penetrated through, certaianly knocked me for six.

SO sorry if I've missed any posts, be rather heads down this last week or so.

B x

Águeda said...

Que bonito gramófono.
El libro te va ha quedar de lujo.
Besos y feliz fin de semana

Jo said...

Glad to hear you're both feeling better. Love your page, what a lovely way to relax xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, love the colours you have used. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

So glad you're feeling better - I love your colouring page - beautiful work xx

Anne said...

I have a few adult colouring books Kate, I've loved colouring since I was a kid spending hours with my Mum and still find it great therapy. Never use my good pens though!!
Really pleased to hear you are feeling better at last
Anne x

Anne said...

I don't know if you visit Faith's blog Kate but look at this card, I thought of your Alistair as soon as I saw it!

http://daffodil-faitha.blogspot.com/2019/03/irish-jig.html

Anne x

Jannet said...

Pleased to hear you are feeling better. A beautifully coloured page, it looks like a lovely book and must be a joy to colour. Take care xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great colouring of that gramophone Kate, colouring is a source of therapy..love this.x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Kate, firstly thanks for the lovely visit. I hope this cold is not making your and hubby's cold worse.

I love your colouring, something I really must get into, digital is so much easier LOL. Great colour combos on these pages and it's comforting to know they are not done with expensive pencils either. GREAT work.
I'm now your follower too.
Faith
x

Diane said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Kate. Your coloring is wonderful, I just have no talent with pencils, paints or crayons.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Love how you colored up this pretty image. Colors are wonderful, and I know that feeling when I color it is like therapy!! Nicely done, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a lovely image on that colouring book and I love your colouring it looks fab and beautiful.
So glad you and Alistair are feeling much better.
My stepson lives the otherside of Nottingham, and they went away to Derbyshire which is only about 25 miles from there home in their touring caravan and he sent us pictures oof the snow outside tjis weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.