Sunday 17 March 2019

Festive Food for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, and welcome to another Christmas Card Club Challenge, and this time the choice of theme is Festive Food, chosen by Loraine.

Now I had to give this challenge a wee bit of thought, as the only image I have is a LOTV  one used every time this theme comes up and I didn't want to go with that, so I went on the hunt through all my stash and came up with this;
I found this Christmas Pudding in amongst some papers from a craft magazine, sorry don't know which one or what year, but I thought it might do, and there was extra interest as there was a wee bit of decoupage  with the brandy sauce pouring down the pud. a bit of sparkle and some sequins to finish.

Now my second card is perhaps stretching the theme a bit, see what you think;
I don't know about you but I think of Chocolate as Food, and wish I could eat more of it than is allowed having diabetes. I found this LOTV image and it does look more Valentine than Christmas, but I decided to go with it, especially as there is always loads of Chocolate around at Christmas time, in our house anyway as Alistair adores the stuff.
i have a few Copics and that's what I used to colour the image and a wee bit of Sparkle Pen/ The papers are from SU and the sentiment was made on the computer.

Thanks for the super challenge Lorraine, I enjoyed it and got to use up some stash from yonks ago and a stamp that I don't used much, I hope they will do.

Scheduling this for tomorrow, Sunday when the challenge goes live, so check out what my teammates create too.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, so much appreciated.

Been awful weather again today, I've not been over the door, and poor Teallach has dashed out and back in. Cheerio for now and see you soon,

27 comments:

Wendy L said...

Both cards are lovely Kate and I don't think you are stretching the theme, chocolate is good,. Xxxx

Rita said...

Wonderful cards Kate. Love them both. Like you I don't have anything in my stash for food at all. We have blue skies and Sunshine today (at the moment anyway) Have a lovely week my Friend. Hugs Rita xxx

dutchess said...

Hi Kate ...two great cards,that the beauty of these challenges it makes us look at our stash and be inventive....and YES...chocolate is food...it certainly keeps me going....
We have a lovely sunny day here today fingers crossed all that wind is over...xxx

meg said...

of course chocolate is a Christmas food, it's a staple at that time of year, two great makes Kate

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wonderful cards my friend ,both are lovely ,well done my friend xx

Christine Harrop said...

Chocolate is perfect for Christmas Kate - well anytime if I had my way ... lol! The Christmas pudding image and matching paper is great. Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely cards, chocolate is food and we all eat a lot of it at Christmas so why not use it on a card. Love your Christmas pudding image. Two great foody cards

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two fab cards making me hungry. Changeable weather today. Less windy sunny morning then rain and hail then sun!

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous, loving the images and who doesn't love chocolate.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very fun food related cards! I really like how you were able to go through your stash and find fun things! I often don’t use the magazine images enough. I should try harder.

Lisa said...

They're both so gorgeous!! I love the yummy pudding!! The image is fabulous on the second one!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marlene Atkinson said...

The Christmas Pud looks good to it, great design. The Presents and chocolates look to good to eat. Marlene

Mrs A. said...

Your two cards are just fine for the theme. I love your Christmas pudding and who doesn't get chocolates of some sort at Christmas. I failed miserably and used anything goes. Hugs Mrs A.

Lorraine said...

Two brilliant cards Kate, the Christmas pudding looks fab
Lorraine x

rachel said...

Great makes Kate - I am afraid I went for the easy option - mine is late too! a difficult but fab challenge... Hugs rachel xx

pam said...

Two wonderful card Kate, fantastic pudding.
Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your cards are beautiful, love especially the layers on the Christmas Pudding, it seems so yummy! :D
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Nothing like a post to 'feast' our eyes on, lovely pudding Kate..xx
I will be absent from April 10 to May 30, so although I have scheduled posts, but I will not be able to comment on your posts .....

brenda said...

A lovely colourful and mouthwatering post Kate and that pudding is such fun as well.

B x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Kate, I love your Christmas Pudding and chocolate is definitely food - my favourite food in fact.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Yes awful weather our end too...
Love the Christmas pudding card and the brandy sauce adds further dimension x
Yes i see chocolate as food...And in fact my DH has just this second asked me if I want a chocolate with my pot of tea....!...I said Yes! x
Two wonderful cards x

Anne said...

Two great cards Kate, and I think a clever interpretation of the theme!
Chocolate never lasts long in our house, we both love it!
Anne x

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely pud Kate and just perfect for the challenge. Hope all good with you. Doing ok here thank you and leg improving slowly, but getting back into the swing of things. Zoe x

Flo Langley said...

Super cards Kate. The chocolate one looks yummy!
Hugs Flo xx

Sue said...

Two cute cards, Kate. The pudding reminds me of my Gram, who was born in England, she used to make Christmas pudding. And yes Chocolates are FOOD!
Sweet cards both.

Hugs
Sue

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two superb cards for the theme Kate, sorry I wasn't able to join in for my own challenge :/ There's a post on the CCC blog to explain.
Lorraine

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Kate. Love the pretty layouts. Hugs Anet.