Friday 15 March 2019

The Jolly Roger!

Hello Crafting Buddies and anyone popping in. Hoping all is well with you and that you are looking forward to the weekend.  Let's hope the weather is improved some what. Ours has been wild, sleet, heavy rain, high winds....that's why we decided to go up to Ullapool yesterday..are we daft or what lol, but, I felt that I needed a change of scenery, and when we set off the sun was shining, but almost at our destination and the heavens opened. However, with the wet weather gear we ventured out for a walk. Our main aim was to have a fish supper.....yes it was a long way to go for one of those, but the chippie has a couple of tables so we sat in and shared a delicious fish and chips, Alistair certainly knows how to treat a girl.  Their portions are always so large that we decided to share and it was plenty. Even with the rain it was a lovely day out.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last card, and your get well wishes. I'm still getting there.

Anyway, it's my Brother in law's birthday soon so of course I made a card for him. He doesn't know I have a blog so I'm safe to post it here;
This whimsical image is by Kim Moody and made by Chocolate Baroque. I've used watercolours to colour it and the bird images are from Inkylicious. I'm rather pleased with how the watercolouring has gone, and I hope Jim likes it.

He has had three doses of Chemo now and so far things are going well and he doesn't seem to be having any side effects, fingers crossed it continues. Thank you too for your well wishes for him too.

Well, we have no great plans for the weekend, just take it as it comes, my energy levels are still low so I think it will be a quiet one, probably a bit of crafting, and I've picked up my knitting needles again, so maybe I'll get to complete the socks that have been on the go since last year. So you all have a great weekend whatever you do and see you on Sunday for the CCC post,

23 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, beautifully water coloured - you have created a fabulous scene.
I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well for Jim.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely card, I do like that image and your coloring looks nice!

Mia said...

I wish all the best to Jim, Kate.
Your card is beautiful. I love the stamp, the colours and the great background. Kisses.

aussie aNNie said...

Ahhh what a fabulous card Kate, love your water colouring too, brilliant. xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it's so stunning!! The colors look amazing!! I love the image!! He will adore this!! Praying that the chemo continues to go well. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

You kids certainly are adventurous going out in a gale for chippies! We heard about the weather in Scotland all the way over here in California! I'm glad to hear your colds are gone enough for you to be out and about and I hope the remaining coughs exit the scene soon, too! Your card for Jim looks like a hand-drawn watercolored painting, Kate! He will cherish it! And I'm delighted to hear that his treatment is going well and the side effects haven't made him sick, as so often happens. What a blessing! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

So you were tempted by some of Kim's stamps Kate, I'm not surprise as they so offer something a bit different, I certainly enjoyed playing with them and love you take using this ship and sure your BIL will love his card.

I fear we are in for more storms today, hubby said we are promised 50mph winds today again.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous water colouring, so vibrant and colourful! Love this card!

meg said...

Great to read that Jim is coping well with his Chemo, he's sure to love this beauty beautiful water colouring and choice of warm colours. Have never been to Ullapool when it wasn't raining

Wendy L said...

Can't beat a fish supper Kate, we have an English one here and their fish are so large we don't have chips just peas.

Gorgeous card too, xxxx

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous mens card.
luv
Debby

dutchess said...

A fabulous image to colour Kate....and a really great mans card for your BIL....I am sure he will really appreciate it....
Dreadful weather here as well,lashing with rain so staying cosy and crafting hugs xxxx

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous! I have loved all of Kim's designs I have seen so far, but daren't look as my spending on stamps has been quite extensive so far this year! Your fish supper in Ullapool sounds wonderful, even if you did get a bit wet on the way!

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous card, love the scene you have created on this male card.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very stunningly created card.
Your colouring is so excellent and the colours are os vivid and beautifil I was transported to the harbour side.
Love this gorgous card.

So glad all is going fine on your BIL treatment.
Hope he doesn't get too many side affects as it continues, and he improves immensely.

Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card and beautiful image

pam said...

Fantastic card for a male Kate, glad you enjoyed your outing and fish supper.
Hugs Pam x

rachel said...

Gorgeous make with Kim's stamp ... really lovely.. glad to hear Jim is doing well too! Hugs rachel xx

Jannet said...

A beautifully watercoloured scene Kate, I know he will love it! I hope the chemo continues to go well with no side affects.Take care xx

Anne said...

That's a wonderful card Kate, your water colouring is fabulous.
I love fish and chips, one of my favourites!
Sending healing thoughts for Jim, hope you've enjoyed your weekend
Anne x

Mac Mable said...

Jim will love this card and so glad things, so far, are going well for him. How spoilt are you with that fish supper!!.....Love the water colouring on your gorgeous card Kate x

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow just love your masculine card Kate. Fabulous watercolouring. Hugs Anet.

Pat said...

You have made a brilliant card for your BIL's birthday Kate, and the seaside themed Kim Moody stamps are perfect for a masculine birthday. I love your colouring so bright and really interesting, and the matting on to the dark blue card works so well. So pleased to hear that his chemo is progressing well, and hope that he continues to feel no side effects and that it really helps him too. Looking back I see you and hubby had bad colds so glad to hear you are a whole lot better. x