Friday 26 January 2024

First Christmas Card for 2024, Tinsel and Sparkle!

 Hello Friends and Visitors,  I hope you are well, but sending healing thoughts to those of you who are struggling just now.

A beautiful cold day here, bright sunshine, but dry and not too much wind. I hate the wind, always have, don't mind the rain so much and will still go for a walk, but wind keeps me indoors.

I've got my first Christmas card of 2024,


My card was inspired by Kathy Lake who is part of the Delbello Design Team.

Card-io stamps are the stamps of choice, from various sets, with a Lavinia Stamps sticker sentiment.

I used Element Inks with the salt technique, which I loved doing, it's so effective. I used lots of glitter for the sparkly snow. Mounted on to platinum card.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my previous card, that's all from me today, have a lovely restful weekend and I'll be back soon,




15 comments:

dutchess said...

A great scene you have created Kate and I love your background…and those stamps…brilliant…
It’s windy again here again today with lovely sunshine, just back from a visit to the farm shop to stock up and a visit to see my brother so absolutely whacked I fear I may fall asleep on the sofa this afternoon….take care xx

Mrs A. said...

Haven't done the salt technique for such a long time. Like your result here. I really must try and revive some of the old techniques from earlier years. hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
love this wonderful card and your brillant design
The sky look amazing and such a very fabulous scene you have created.
You are right about the wind it is not nice to go out in and when you get the wind and rain together that's definitely a no no.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Wonderful card Kate, love the scene you created.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely and sweet scene with all those animals! Love the salt technique effect! Great work!
Hugs

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful Christmas card. I love the beautiful sky. I love the looks of the salt technique.

Lisa said...

I love seeing that others make Christmas cards year-round. It helps inspire me to get my Christmas cards made early. This is a wonderful scene for a Christmas card.

Christine Harrop said...

You have created a fbaulous scene on this Chistmas card Kate. Take care. Christine xx

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and what a gorgeous card this is with this lovely design and colours ♥

Birgit said...

Wow! This is excellent. I love the scene and
D the glitter q

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A delightful and wonderful scene you created here Kate, hope you have a restful and good week.
Faith x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card KAte, love the scene you've created and the lovely colours
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful wintry scene you have created here Kate, the colours are gorgeous. Well done for making a start on your Christmas cards, I have managed any yet :/
Lorraine

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Christmas card!

Pat said...

This is an extremely pretty first seasonal card for 2024 Kate and love the added silhouette animals with the sweet little rabbits, squirrels and of course a winter scene needs some deer, and the added foliage and trees, and that wonderful sky..a brilliant scene. x