Wednesday 17 January 2024

Butterfly and the Cat!

 Hello Friends and Visitors, I hope you are well and keeping warm and cosy in this freezing weather. We have a good layer of snow, which is causing poor Teallach an awful dilemma around going out for his business 😄

Sorry not to have been around in Blogland for a while, so I will have missed many of your posts, but I'll certainly be having a looks tonight.

I have a card made for my daughter-in-law's birthday tonight.


 I've used a rather old Sweet Poppy Stencil with lovely cat sitting on the window. Inked with Elements Ink and coloured with Kuretake Zig watercolour pens. Wink of Stella and silver foil. I also decorated the envelope with lovely Mooch from Lavinia Stamps. Moreen's birthday isn't till February, but I thought I would get ahead.

Thank yo so much for your lovely comments on my last card, as always your comments are so kind.

That's me for now, take care of yourselves, especially if you're out in the snow and ice, Cheerio till next time,




17 comments:

dutchess said...

Gorgeous card Kate just love it….
No snow here just bitter cold and windy so I have been tucked up warm watching the tennis in ‘Australia where it is 32c….hot hot….
Take care xxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card. My daughter Would love this as one of her cats is all black.
No snow here but very artic conditions. The heat is whomping out at the minute and the electric metre is spending money like there's no tomorrow!! hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very lovely cat themed card. We have been very lucky where I live to have missed all the snow and ice so far but it's been very cold. Take care.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such beautiful stencilled card for your DIL, and the envelope too! Here is raining, but not snow.
Hugs and stay warm!

JD/ Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter-in-law. I bet she really loved this cute card!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. love the Cat. I've come down with Chest Infection on antibiotics and a cold which is lingering. Hope you are well and staying nice and warm. Marlene

Wendy L said...

I'm sure she will love it, so sweet, xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate ..it's bitterly cold here had snow yesterday then it cleared up in the afternoon and then I woke up to more this morning! and it's still here but certainly feeling a temperature drop today hugs xx

Christine Harrop said...

A really lovely card Kate. We don't have snow (although it was forecast yesterday. However it is bitterly cold. -10 degrees this morning! Hope you are both well. Christine xx

brenda said...

A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up) just to let you know I popped by to take a peek.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I am on catch up duties too .. .. I have been busy packing up my home ready for us moving house.

A great card for your daughter in law .. I am sure she will love it.

I hope all is well at your end and 2024 is off to a good start.

Love Jules xx

Lisa said...

Really sweet scene for your DIL. I love cards with kitties looking out a window. It reminds me of my girls.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful and delightful card Kate, love the window and the design. I'm sure your DiL will love it. A dreary but milder day here, we are expecting high winds with storm Isha tomorrow. Roll on Spring.
Faith x

Darnell said...

Hi Kate! I love the decorated envie and the sweet kitty and butterfly in the arched window design you made for your DIL's birthday! I can imagine the schparkle in person! I hope your weather warms up soon! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

She will love this card! I love Lavinia stamps even though I don’t own many. I’m glad to see you back and wondering how you like the zig colour pencils

Pat said...

This is a beautiful window frame and love the cat sitting on it and the sweet little butterfly, and lots of pretty leafy branches too. I'm sure Maureen will love this when her birthday arrives. x

Sue said...

Sweet kitty, beautiful card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue