Sunday 7 January 2024

Magnus!

 Hello Friends and Visitors, I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

We've had a few lovely days here in Inverness, although cold the sun was shinning and no rain or wind. Great for walks. Need to get the extra pounds off from all the extra treat eating over the Festive Time. Not easy, but all the chocolates, mince pies, crisps and dips are all gone now.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post of my coloured picture, as always you are so kind.

I've a card tonight, made for my Son's birthday in a couple of weeks, he wouldn't be looking at my blog so safe to post it,


I've gone for a sepia colour pallet, and all the stamps are by Lavinia Stamps with the gorgeous Magnus as the main focus. I used Elements Inks and Posca pen in glitter yellow. Lavinia sticker sentiments and some pastel pencil in yellow for highlights. This design was inspired by the fabulous Jo Rice, Head DT with Lavinia Stamps.

That's me for now, enjoy your evening, take care,



16 comments:

meg said...

A stunning card using Magnus Kate,I'm sure it will be treasured sorry I missed your beautifully coloured clock Thank you for your kind words,I'm find g it difficult to concentrate on anything for long yet need to keep myself occupied whilst at home.

Lorraine said...

Happy New year Kate. A gorgeous card, love the scene you've created and fabulous sepia tones.
Lorraine x

JD/ Jill said...

So Lovely! And the word Peaceful! Certainly does fit this card. I'm sure your son will enjoy this card!

dutchess said...

Hi Kate…fabulous card for you sons birthday…love the vintage look you have achieved…
Looks like the weather is going to be better here for a few days I don’t mind the cold but would love to see some sunshine…
Take care xxx

brenda said...

Beautifully stamped with Magnus centre stage Kate, looks good in the tone on tone sepia colours.

B x

Wendy L said...

What a super card for your boys birthday, very effective in the sepia tones, xxx

Valerija said...

Wow, what an amazing card. Love the scene you have created. Great stamping.
Valerija xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year Kate!
A lovely masculine make for your sons birthday, the sepia tones look wonderful with these silhouette stamps.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely sepia scene Kate, and Magnus is really gorgeous!! A beautiful card for a masculine recipient, our son will love it so much!
Hugs

Marlene Atkinson said...

Happy New Year Kate, hope you had a lovely time. I just love your card, gorgeous design, Magnus looks really proud of himself. Marlene

MRS DUCK said...

Anyone receiving one of your beautiful cards would be absolutely delighted. Damian will live it.x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Kate! The deer is fabulous and I love that you did it all in one color tone. Beautiful, your son is going to love it.

Hugs
Sue

Mrs A. said...

A beautiful card Kate and love the sepia tones you have gone with. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous masculine card Kate. I love the scene and your monochrome colouring.
Faith x

Margarets designer cards said...

I know its late, due to illness, I wish you a happy new year,
gorgeous colouring and card,