Sunday 1 May 2022

Clean and Simple or Anything Goes for CCC!

 Hello Everybody, I hope you are enjoying your weekend. 

We had nothing planned, it's such a dreich day here that it's a day for indoors, although I did a bit of shopping this morning for food, I hate shopping at the best of times, but food just seems a waste of  time, and the prices are going up in leaps and bounds. It's even getting too expensive to shop in Aldi. I think we are away to hell in a basket. 

Anyway, here to show my card for the Christmas Card Club Challenge and this time it's or Gwen who has chosen the theme and it's Clean and Simple, or if you can't manage that, Anything goes;


As you can see I've used Card-io stamps again, the sets I've used are Beau Baskets, Winter Blooms, Elegant Baubles, Festive Fir Cones and Winter Wishes for the Sentiment. I have a brick stencil which I've used in the background, added gold Liquid Pearls to the centres of the poinsettias, and Glitter to the baubles. Added a pen frame and mounted on to some red card from SU.

I am really enjoying my Card-io stamps, but I'm needing practice in positioning them.

Thank you Gwen for a lovely challenge I did enjoy it.

That's me for now, scheduling this post for tomorrow for when the challenge goes live.

Cheerio for now,



25 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card,the poinsettia hanging basket is gorgeous,the matching stamped envelope a wonderful finishing touch

Christine Harrop said...

Your lovely festive hanging basket looks terrific Kate. I'm not sure whether I left a comment a couple of minutes ago so I have added this anyway. Got a lot on my mind at the moment so you'll have to forgive me. Hugs Christine xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Kate…I love all the stamps …just back from the craft fair at Harrogate and have been watching the demos on the Cardio stand…it’s a drizzly day here today so on with the heating…take care xxxx

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love it.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous card …love Cardio ….not sure where all my stamps are hiding xx
Just got back from picnic xx

gwen70 said...

Absolutely love it Kate, glad you enjoyed the challenge xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card and love you made a matching envelope!
Hugs

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Kate, you have created a lovely floral basket.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow, great use of those pretty stamps to create this gorgeous design Kate. I love the matching envelope too.
Lorraine

Jannet said...

A beautiful Christmas card Kate, take care x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great card. I must try using my basket again, looks great with that background

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous and non tractional style of Christmas card with great stamping and I then love the 'traditional' sentiment with it. Beautiful card and envelope Kate x.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, your card is lovely. I like the image of a basket of poinsettias at Christmas. It's dreich here today again. The garden's grateful for all the liquid sunshine Mother Nature is sending our way. Hugs xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful Kate, love the flowers and your basket stamp placements, adding the envelope stamps is wonderful too. Wonderful work.
Faith x

Wendy L said...

Really pretty card and envelope Kate.
Prices going up here too, not just afew cents more often over 1 euro,

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. Your stamping looks fab and I love the design and colours
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and very creative with colours and design.

rachel said...

Beautiful card Kate - love that you did a Christmas basket - how lovely! Hugs rachel x

MiamiKel said...

Hello sweet Kate! I love your card and just the brick background is phenomenal! Such a beauty! I have missed visiting! It has been one life event after another and the one that thing brings me joy (cards and blogging) got pushed way back - but am happy to stop by today! I will have to read back and see how you are - praying you are well :) Crafty hugs!

Pat said...

I think your winter hanging basket is beautiful Kate and the way you have used the Card-io stamps is perfect. The brick wall behind is a great backdrop and I love the monochrome with just that added red for the poinsettia flowers, also the doodled edge frames it brilliantly and finished with a lovely sentiment too. x

Darnell said...

I love that hanging basket of poinsettias, Kate! It's a unique image to me. You have showcased it beautifully with the framing, brick stenciling, and beautiful sediment. As far as the world, I say that "going to hell in a handbasket" phrase all the time, too! All we can do is hang on! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

That brick wall is wonderful for your hanging basket of flowers. I love the colors on the card too.

Sue said...

A lovely basket of flowers, and love the subtle brick wall. The sentiment is perfect!

Hugs
Sue

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card and matching envelope is beautiful Kate. Hugs Anet