Wednesday 27 April 2022

Sunset Siesta!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and enjoying your day. 

We have a lovely sunny day, a a wee bit warm in the sun although, it's only 10 degrees. Good for a washing out though.

Fiona and I met up yesterday, and she was looking so much better than the last time I saw her. She will have the results of her scan today so I'm hoping she has good news, however she will have to have radiotherapy. Fi is still positive, I just think she is so brave. Anyway, over two decafe lattes and lemon muffins we put the world to rights lol.

So todays  card is one using some of my new Card-io stamps, and with inspiration from a card I found on Pinterest, sorry I can't remember the name of the lady who created it.


The stamp sets used are, Sunset Siesta, Textures, Tiny Trailers and Summer Serenity. I had a brick stencil so used that as a background, I've put Glossy Accents on the lantern and wine glasses. and Stickles on the butterflies, which aren't showing up all that well. Matted on the a wine coloured card from SU. Sentiment is from Penny Black.

This is for a friends' birthday who likes a glass or two of wine. I hope she likes it.

I've just had a text from Fiona to say the CT scan was clear, I'm sure she's so relieved, time she had some good news.

Thank you all so much for the visits and the lovely comments you leave, always appreciated.

Guess I'd better see about getting the dinner sorted, it's going to be a pot luck meal I think tonight.

Take care everyone and see you soon,



 

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great news. Love your card, it's lovely. Anesha

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A super card Kate and I love the subtle stencilling in the background. Wonderful news from Fiona, you must be so relieved. I’m still loving my Aqua class and I also did a Zumba Gold class today, so I should sleep well tonight :):) x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great card she will love it. Glad your friend is doing so well.

meg said...

Pleased to read that Fiona's scan was clear,hopefully she won't find the radiotherapy to gruelling. A beautiful card for anyone who loves wine

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

So happy Fiona's scan was clear ..your card is lovely Kate and I'm slowly starting to feel a bit better so hopefully I can catch up with everyone hugs Sue x

brenda said...

Great news on your friends results Kate. Loving this card, Cardio stamps are so clever the way they all work together.

B x

Pat said...

What a beautifully designed card for your friend using your new Card-io stamps and great for anyone who enjoys a nice glass of wine, I love the brick stencilled background and the barrel just great for the carafe of wine and glass and also some tempting grapes,and a nice glass of red there too..lol. Great detail on the bottom of the envelope too. Glad Fiona is looking a lot better and has had good news after her CT scan. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Looks like you made this card for Fiona, it is after all her "Special day", I'm so glad to hear her scan was clear. Your card is wonderful so many lovely details and stamps, love that you did the envelope also, I keep forgetting to do that! It will certainly make the card anticipated by the recipient. Lovely work Kate.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing the good news about Fiona and so glad you managed your chat, coffee and a cake x. I love your little 'wine' scene and great for your wine loving friend Kate x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Glad to hear that your friend is feeling better. Lovely card and great use of all the stamps and stencil to build your scene!
Hugs

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, you have created a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, I like the design and the colouring

Christine Harrop said...

Really good news for your friend Kate. Such a relief for her. You have created a great scene on this lovely card. Take are. Christine xx

Wendy L said...

It's a lovely card and who doesn't enjoy a glass or two, xx

Lisa said...

Happy to read Fiona's scan is clear. Wonderful wine scene for your friend's birthday and I love the addition of the brick background too. It adds to the wonderful scene.

Sue said...

A beautiful card, Kate, sure your friend is going to love it. Glad your friend Fiona got good news and you had a chance to meet up.

Hugs, Sue

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Late commenting again - I don't know where the time goes.
A wonderful card with all these fabulous stamped elements.
Lorraine

rachel said...

Gorgeous card - lovely make! Hugs rachel x