Sunday 3 April 2022

Embossing Folders for the CCC!

 Hello  logging Friends and Visitors, I hope your weekend is going well, hasn't it come around quickly!

Better day today, sunshine and a wee bit of warmth, even although it was only 6 degrees, at leased I got bedding out and dried.


So it's time again for the CCC ladies to show their creations, where did the last two weeks go, Zoe chose the theme this time around and it's Embossing Folders, here is what I made;


I've used an EF from Crafts too, and as I made a mess of the embossed side I turned it around and used the reverse side, works just as well. Card-io stamps from Star Gazing set, I really do love this set with the animals looking at the Star. Versacolour ink for the sky, Tombow watercolour pens for the leaves on the circle,  Star Dust Stickles, white Posca pen, tiny clear gems and. sentiment from Card-io. I stamped Card-io's poinsettia stamps on the envelope

No. 2 card 


I've had this EF for yonks and can't remember what make it is, I mounted onto a grape coloured card, added clear gems and Stickles Glisten and it's once again a Card-io sentiment, a little stag on the envelope.

Thank you so much Zoe for a fab challenge, I really enjoyed making these cards.

Remember to have a look at what the other CCC girls make, their creations are always fabulous.

Thank you so much for your comments on my last card.

That's me for now, keep yourselves safe,



22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Kate, love this, beautiful project and love those colours ♥

meg said...

You created a beautiful peaceful scene in the first card,your night sky and stamps are gorgeous. The ef in your second card is perfect on its own

dutchess said...

Great cards Kate it good to get out some of our old stash and use it and that second card is stunning…take care xxx

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards. Love them both.
Have a nice Sunday.
Valerija xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Stunning cards Kate. Often the back of the embossing is just as lovely if not more so than the front as the pattern works better being debossed - looks like your boo-boo had a great result, love them both.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fabulous embossed cards Kate, love so much the first one with the delicate sweet scene and the second one is really elegant!
Hugs have a lovely Sunday!

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards, it's a Sheena Douglas's embossing folder xx

Christine Harrop said...

Two fabulous cards Kate. The first one looks fabulous combined with the Cardio stamps. The second looks great as a CAS card. Just to stop you going crazy this folder is "Snow Deer" from Sheena Easton. I very nearly used it myself! Take care. Hugs. Christine xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Did smile at your type, logging friends 😀. Fab cards. Love Card-io, never thought to use them with an Ef, great idea

brenda said...

All lovely Kate but that white on white one is stunning, not an easy make to pull off.

B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
these are so lovely and the scene in that crafts too embossing folder looks fabulous and beautifully inked.
I have that embossinf folder and never thought of putting a scene inside it so thank you for the reminder.
Love the second embossing folder used as well.
It looks brilliant mounted on the grape colourd card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gibmiss said...

Two stunning cards card …the reverse embossing …can look nice sometimes…
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

Two beautiful cards Kate - love them both - I used the second ef in my ones that went in the bin - yours is so much nicer than mine turned out! Big hugs Rachel x

Wendy L said...

They look fab, I feel often use the wrong side if I have put it in the wrong way,

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards Kate, lovely embossing folders, especially the super scene on the second one.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Great save with the folder on the first and what a beautiful scene you've created Kate x. Striking embossing folder on the second and the white on white with the pop of grape colour looks so elegant x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You certainly "turned" your first card into a beautiful scene Kate, love it. The second card is wonderful too and love your envelope.
Faith x

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so very nicely done. I always forget about my EF...I need to get them out more often...and you sure have inspired me. I also like how you did stamping on your envelopes too...something else I forget to do.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful card Kate and I love how you've decorated the envelopes too, always such a lovely touch x

Pat said...

Two wonderful Christmas makes Kate, and I love the embossing on both with the super stars and the wonderful scene in the centre with the card-io critters..so cute, and then the embossed scene white on white for the second with just the sentiment in black and love the added glittery snow and gems and finished beautifully mounted on to the purple card. x

Lisa said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards. Great images and wonderful textures you added.

Sue said...

I love embossing folders, best bang for your buck and they add so much to a card. Your cards are beautiful. The deer are so pretty in the snow.
The animals looking at the North Star is precious. Just lovely, Kate.

Hugs
Sue