Wednesday 20 April 2022

Cats or Dogs for the CCC!

 Hello Everyone, back at last and very late with my Christmas Card Club Challenge post. We were having a wooden floor laid and really in a burach clearing the living room and than all the cleaning up and shifting the furniture back, and you know what it's like, it ends up not just that room getting cleaned but the whole house. However, it's been so worth it as the floor looks really good, and should be easier to clean especially with having a hairy cat. Mind you, I'm still cleaning, dust takes so long to settle. And Teallach hates it, he's taken refuge upstairs since  Friday, totally ignores the new rug I bought for him, poor boy, he hates change.

Anyhoo, here I am at last with my cards for the CCC, better late than never. Sylvie chose the theme and it's Cats or Dogs, I managed one of each,


Now both of the images I've used are digital, but I can't for the life of me remember which company they are from. Coloured with Caran d'Ache Pablo pencils and a sentiment from a Creative Stamping magazine. Decided to use an embossing folder that I've had for ages, once again I can't remember from where, gems and Stickles and job done.


These doggies are colours with the same pencils, but used some Crafters Companion paper and glitter card in the background. Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, gems and Stickles. I hope these will do Sylvie and apologies for being so late. It was  super challenge, so thank you so much.

Sorry too for now commenting, I'm afraid that when evening came around I was just too tired, but I'll get back on it soon.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my last card, our new neighbours loved it and have been busy settling in to their new house.

That's me for now, I hope everyone is well and keeping safe. Scotland is now in line with the rest of the UK with all covid restrictions now just guidance, piece of nonsense, as the virus is still raging in Scotland. My mask will be on for a long time yet.

Cheerio for now and see you soon.....I hope




22 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous card …for the Challenge …
Hugs Sylvie xx

Christine Harrop said...

Two terrific cards Kate. I really love those cats in the first one. Oh boy, I don't envy you with the work on your new floor. We have wooden floors through out downstairs and it is so much easier. At least it's done now, but as you say the dust takes days to settle. Take care. Christine xx

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are adorable Kate and love the colouring x. Glad you like your new flooring but yes the dust gets everywhere.....Sorry about Teallach hating the changes x. I couldn't agree more about mask wearing Kate....x.

meg said...

What fun Christmas pet images Kate,they made me smile,beautifully coloured images and a great layout

Crafting Queen said...

What adorable cards, love them both. ANesha

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your Christmas cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, two fabulous, fun Christmas cards, beautifully coloured as always. Hope you are well. So pleased you like your new floor, worth all the upheaval in the end. So sorry for not commenting on your blogs recently as I haven't been on my blog for a few weeks. Stay safe and well Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

dutchess said...

Hi Kate two great cards for the challenge…love both of the images so cute….
Glad the flooring went down without a hitch…always worth the disruption!…..take care xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your cards are adorable, and love the especially the one with the fun cats!
Enjoy your new floor!
Hugs

brenda said...

What a fabulous image with all those animals Kate and beautifully coloured.

You will definitely find the wood floor easier to clean, we've had all of ours done in the last few years, only down side is as you say the pets aren't keen (had to buy a few rugs for the girls) and going to the ensuite in the night, cold feet!!

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

A couple of cute cards. Sounds like a busy time but glad you are pleased with your floor. We still wear our masks in supermarkets and busier places but have gradually stopped wearing them in other places. We have to get used to not wearing them adn learn to live with it, but not ready to stop completely and wouldn’t want to go to really busy places.

cotnob said...

Two super cards Kate, fun images and you have coloured them beautifully.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two wonderful cards Kate and I think I’m drawn to the one with the cats on, just so cute. You have been busy but like you say, it’s so worth it and there’s a great satisfaction when something like that is finished. Take care x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two fabulous images for your Christmas cards, they really are perfect for the theme this week.
Lorraine

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate, Sorry, I am so behind with catching up. Loving your catmas card. They are so cute and fabulous doggy Christmas card. The little grey dog at the front is adorable!! You have been busy in the house. Enjoy your new floors. Take care of yourselves, love and hugs Flo xx

Pat said...

Two terrific digital stamps featuring the cats and the dogs Kate and they make excellent Christmas cards with the added pretty embossed background on the first, and the lovely paper and glitter card on the second. Nice to have some new wooden flooring, and as you say easier to keep clean..the clearing up and dust is a bind though but made up for when it all looks fresh and lovely. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your Cat cards are just wonderful, love the colouring and colours Kate. Great embossing detail on the first and the hint of patterned paper on the second, great designs. As for the mask, it seems numbers in Wales are down, but we still wear a mask too, we've been lucky so far, don't want to fall at the last hurdle so to speak. We have had a wooden floor in the hall the last couple of years, the only complaint? The skirting boards show the dust hahaha
Keep Well
Faith x

Wendy L said...

Super cards Kate but dogs for me please. Talking of dogs, we have a tiled floor and forever have fur balls rolling round as Ricos fur is getting very long, he is getting trimmed next week thank goodness. X

Lisa said...

Oh I bet the new flooring looks great. Super cute images you used for 2 wonderful holiday cards. It is great when we can create a few early and have them all ready to go when it is time to send them.

aussie aNNie said...

Incredible project and most lovely colours here x

Margarets designer cards said...

Two great christmas card, I like both of them

I know what you mean we still wear our masks even though its not required, here in somerset they say we have the highest rate in the country, I went down with flu, hubby had some sort of virus and we thought I had escaped but no it finally got me and came out as flu. spent the whole of Easter in bed and I am only just beginning to catch up with the blogs etc.,
Have a good week

Sue said...

OH my goodness, these are wonderful! We are kitty and dog lovers and these holiday cards are just so much fun. Nicely done, Kate.

Hugs
Sue