Thursday 12 May 2022

Christmas Gramophone and Colourful Socks!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying life.

Living quietly here, weather's not great, much too windy for me to get out walking, but certainly still enjoying my aqua classes, if only the water was warmer, in fact I would love it to be tropical lol.

Thank you all so much for you lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate you time to visit and comment.

I have a coloured page tonight;


 
 This lovely images is from Johanna Basford's 2021 Diary and I've coloured it entirely with gel pens, all different brands. I never did manage to complete the pictures in the diary, maybe one day.



My latest socks, I had the yarn for the first pair for years, and I'm so glad I finally got around to kitting it up as I love the colours, It's Regia sock yarn.

I can't remember what yarn the blue pair is knitting in, but it's called Christmas yarn and it has a lovely silver thread through it. It's certainly still knitted sock weather up here.

That's me for tonight folks, keep yourselves well and see you soon,



15 comments:

meg said...

What a fabulous image Kate I can imagine the baubles moving in time to the music,love the colours in both pairs of socks

Valerija said...

Really lovely image and I like your socks. You are so talented.
Hugs, Valerija

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful colouring with the gel pens on the lovely image. I have an ancient gramophone as this (but no Christmas decorations go out from it LOL )
Lovely socks too, they have both a beautiful colours combo
Hugs

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, love your colouring of the pretty image. Your socks you knitted looks so pretty and comfy. Hugs Anet

Mac Mable said...

Yes knitted sock weather my end too Kate x. What a fabulous image, beautifully coloured and yes warmer water for your aqua classes would be good x.

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE your fun socks, Kate! You are so talented. That darling Christmas image is unlike anything I've ever seen, and so perfect for those of us who remember gramophones! LOL Thank you for leaving your kind comment on my blog. I appreciate you! hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super image with fun coloring! I love the socks! They are so fun and unique. I tried knitting years ago but didn’t get very good at it. Good enough to do some felted things is all. It is just getting warm here where I want to wear sandals sometimes but not always.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gel pen colouring? It's gorgeous Kate. I love your cosy socks. It's definitely socks and jumper weather here too.
Faith x

Sue said...

Gorgeous image Kate and I LOVE those socks! hugs Sue x

Lisa said...

Great image and wonderfully colored with the gel pens. I have not done any gel pen coloring but it sure looks wonderful and is on my bucket list of things I would love to do.

I love the colors of those socks. Both are wonderful and look so comfortable.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card and I'm loving your socks, especially the colourful ones. What a clever lady you are x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Kate and your socks are amazing, I especially like the colourful ones. What a clever lady you are x

cotnob said...

A lovely colouring page Kate and your socks look fabulous, I bet they are really warm and cosy.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Fun coloring page and turned out beautiful.

Your knitted socks are wonderful. A talent my Godmother tried to teach me but it just never clicked despite that I took up every other craft possible.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

What a fun Christmas image Kate with the old fashioned gramophone and the baubles emanating from it like music, and I think colouring with the gel pens is perfect. Your two pairs of socks are fabulous and so colourful and pretty. I have knitted but never socks as they always look so complicated. Glad you still enjoy your aqua classes but know what you mean about the water never being warm enough..personally I love it to feel like a warm bath, not that it ever does..lol. x