Sunday 15 May 2022

Sentiment as Main Focus for CCC!

Hello All, another weekend, gosh they come around quickly and so does the two weekly Christmas Card Club Challenge, I can hardly believe that two weeks have gone already.

 Anyhow, I hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend. 

We are quiet today, but tomorrow, we are meeting Alistair's Niece Karen to scatter her Dad's ashes. It's happening beyond Glencoe so it's a long drive for us, but Jim requested this as it's a loch he used to fish at, it's Loch Ba. So up bright and early as I'll have to take a motion sickness tablet two hours before  we go, it's all  twisty, windy roads and I hate them. Of course poor Alistair has to do the driving. It is beautiful scenery though and I find Glencoe's scenery spectacular. 

So on to my card and this time around Elizabeth chose the theme and wants to see the sentiment as the cards focus,


Quite a simple card, I just inked up the background in various blue inks and splattered with silver paint. I found this sentiment die in a drawer, so I don't know which brand it is. Mounted it on to glitter card and added some silver dots. Cardi-io stamps on the envelope. I hope this will do Elizabeth, it's a lovely challenge and I did enjoy it, thank you.

Thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my last post, so very kind.

That's me for now, scheduling my post for tomorrow, Sunday for when the challenge goes live. Take card of yourselves and see you soon. 

25 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card Kate,the background is gorgeous. Hope the weather is good to you tomorrow

dutchess said...

Beautiful blue background to really show off your sentiment…looks stunning…
Hope your journey is trouble free…take care xxx

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card, take care on your journey to Glencoe, it is beautiful up there xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful background for that gorgeous sentiment die Kate.
Lorraine

Margarets designer cards said...

That is a beautiful christmas card, I love the background and the die cut, simple yet so pretty.

I hope your journey goes well, and the weather is good

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thisnis gorgeous, love the background. Hope the trip went well

Sandy said...

I always think that simple cards are the best and I love your card! so many colors one could choose.

I hope your drive is pleasant one today. I can picture the mountains and loc in my mind's eye.
We are now watching a series on the tellie about two doctors in Scotland just after World War 1.
Would love to be able to return - oh well.

My best to you - Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the blue and the beautiful sentiment Kate. I hope all goes well with your drive and the sad occasion.
Faith x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Good luck tomorrow. Anesha

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful, sparkling and clean card for Christmas! Love the envelope too!!
Hugs

rachel said...

Beautiful colour background Kate and a lovely bold Merry Christmas! Perfect! Hope today went well! Big hugs Rachel x

brenda said...

As always a delightful creation Kate.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a lovely background and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pam said...

Beautiful CAS card Kate, love the colour.
Hugs Pam x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous cas card Kate.
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Kate ….love your inky background….
I have totally forgotten …can’t believe it’s has been two weeks …
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sue said...

Simply Beautiful! Love the blues, my favorite color!

Kate, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog regarding the tragedy we experienced in Buffalo this week. We are all still trying to comprehend how this could happen here. Tonight we learned on the news that the boy that shot all those innocent people was in the store the day before and about 2 weeks ago also.

Hugs
Sue

Valerija said...

Wonderful CAS card. Love the background.
Valerija xx

Bellprinterss said...

Enjoyed reading the article above,Very interesting,good job and thanks for sharing!!

Innovative packaging

Sue said...

Gorgeous background Kate and great CAS card hugs Sue x

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card and image -lovely colours. Sorry not always able to comment as my facebook group takes up a fair bit of my time...x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, I love your card. The background is beautiful. The older I get, the more I like clean and simple cards the best. Hugs, xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Kate. Love the pretty background you created. Hugs Anet

Lisa said...

Gorgeous silver and blue background for that stunning script die cut Merry Christmas.

Pat said...

I love the way you have ink blended the background Kate and such pretty blue tones, and the large white sentiment stands out beautifully against it, also finsihed with the silver splatters and dots, and that bit of glitter from the matted layer looks great. x