Monday 23 May 2022

Cowgirl!

 Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you. We have had a day of rain, and quit cool too, so it's been a day indoors, but there is always lots to do there.....if you go and look lol, so I just sat and coloured, the dusting can be done another day. Oh the joys of retirement!.

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my last post. I appreciate the time everyone takes to visit and comment.

I have a Cowgirl tonight,



This beautiful drawing is by Christine Karron and I bought the PDF from her Etsy shop. I printed on to Crafters Companion  Neenah Desert Storm card, not really a coloured pencil paper, but it's done not too badly, then coloured with Prismacolor pencils and a little bit of white Posca pen. I'm rather pleased with how she's turned out, especially the plaits. I absolutely love Christine's drawings, they take me a while to finish though.

My Friend Fiona begins her treatment tomorrow, so I'm hoping that it all goes smoothly for her. Sadly she is having to go through it on her own, her mum was going to be with her, but it's not allowed, I bit harsh I think, although one level I can understand it, but this is a time when Fi really needs support, everything else is so opened up, really wrong. 

Well that's me for now, enjoy your evening, take care of yourselves and see you soon,



17 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You coloured the cow girl so well, such beautiful image!
Fingers crossed for the treatment of your friend...
Hugs

meg said...

Beautifully coloured Kate,hope Fiona's treatment goes smoothly tomorrow

brenda said...

What fabulous colouring Kate, I am always in awe of those who can colour so beautifully.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully coloured and a gorgeous colouring image.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautifully coloured, great shading. Wishing Fiona well

dutchess said...

Wonderful colouring Kate and such a great image….
It’s just the same here when you go to hospital or the Drs…all the precautions are still in place I even still have to sit in my car until the Dr calls me in …take care xxxx

Viv said...

Wow such amazing colouring on this pretty cow girl Kate! I hope your friend's treatment goes well also. So sorry I am so late returning comments too....health issues again alas, hugs Viv xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow this is a beautiful image and brought to life by your fabulous colouring Kate.
I hope your friends treatment went well x
Lorraine

cotnob said...

She is beautiful Kate, I love how you have coloured her.
I'm sorry that your friend has to go through her treatment alone, it really is about time the hospitals and Doctors caught up with the rest of the world. I took my Mother in Law to the hospital on Monday and it is still empty, before Covid you would be lucky to find a seat in the packed waiting room, now there is only about ten chairs and most of them are empty - where have all the sick people gone! I hope everything goes well for her.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Valerija said...

Wow, this is just amazing. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is fantastic. Well done!
Valerija xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning subject and colouring Kate. Her plaits are indeed wonderful too. I agree about the dusting, who wants to on a miserable day? I don't either. Praying for Fiona.
Faith x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, that's outstanding Kate. You are definitely the queen of colouring. I love it all but the hair looks amazing, well done. Wishing your friend the very best in her treatment and sending positive vibes. Take care x

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! Kate, you should feel BEYOND PLEASED! She is INCREDIBLE! The light in her pale eyes, he shading in her hair, the richness of her fabrics - OH SO GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Kate …coloured beautifully ….
Hope your friend goes on ok …
Hugs Sylvie x

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is so beautifully colored and I love the image.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is oustanding colouring and I agree the image is gorgeous.
Your work is so brilliant and you are so clever with those pencils.
I actually think it looks like a picture it is so perfect.
So sad that Fiona can't have someone with her but the nurses are very caring I feel.
Let's hope all goes well for her sending posative vibes to try and help.
Lots of crafty love. JJenny L.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this drawing and WOWZA your coloring of her is incredible. I love that blue you used on the shirt too. Praying for your friend as she goes through treatment.