Thursday 9 April 2020

You'er a Classic!

Hello Everyone, how'er things with you all, coping and staying safe I hope.
I'm surprised at how quickly the days are flying past, one would think it would be the opposite with this lockdown, but I'm finding that I'm busier than normal. 

I phoned one of my Choral friends to day,who also goes to the aqua aerobic classes, and it was lovely to have a catch up, and fortunately, like me she is not finding the social isolation too difficult, and is enjoying her gardening. It really does help the situation having hobbies, but I do feel for the folks who don't.....but who knows, maybe this is the time when new talents, and interests will be found.

I have a card that my DIL asked me to make for her brother's birthday;
 These are all images from a Creative Stamping magazine the other year, and I thought they would do very well and Frankie likes to play the guitar and has loads of old records. I found an EF from Spellbinders which just fitted well with the theme and kept the colours sort of mono except for some colour on the guitar, and put Glossy Accents on the record and the guitar and a few black gems. Moreen was pleased with it so that was good.

Now for something pleasant,those of you lovely folks who have followed me for a while will recall me mentioning our lovely swan family at our university campus, well, once again Mum Swan is on her nest, here a few photos;

and here is Dad paddling around making sure she is safe.  It's just lovely that they are still choosing to stay in this situation, and it will be Mum Swan's fourth time of producing cygnets, and Dad's second time. Sadly, Mum's first partner dies after a dog chased it, not that the dog caught it, but it was thought that the swan died of fright, and we wondered what Mum would do, but she went out and found a new bloke....like you do, and obviously  the match has worked well for them.  So in a few months all being well there will be more little swans. There are usually around seven cygnets and what good parents as they have managed to keep them all safe considering there are a ton of seagulls always around the lake. So something to look forward to.

Thank you all so much for your continued visits and much appreciated comments.
That's me for now, keep safe, and keep smiling, have a good laugh, there's bound to be something to tickle you and I'll see you soon,


22 comments:

meg said...

Wonderful card Kate vinyl seems to be making a come back but is expensive I'm sure your card will be a hit

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful, customized card for a music lover, Kate! Your DIL will be proud to give it to her brother. LOVE the photos of the swan and her nest! Thanks for sharing. My life actually is socially isolated. I am homebound, and only get out to go to doctors, or once every 5 weeks for my hair (which will probably be long before I go to the salon again LOL). I don't mind staying home at all, and enjoy my surroundings. I did begin using CBD oil about 18 months ago, and it helped manage some of my pain. So I was able to go out occasionally to the church stamp group - but that is even hard, so I need to re-evaluate that as well. I'm glad you're well, and pray that you continue being well! hugs, de

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Glad you are finding lots to fill your time. Must admit I am the same, got lots to do. Stay safe and well. x Anesha

Lorraine said...

A brilliant music themed card, a fab design
Lorraine x

Diane said...

What a fun themed card design Kate. Wow, love the Swan pictures and narrative.

Hugs Diane

Mrs A. said...

Your music card is brilliant. Love the 🎸. They say that Swans mate for life so it is nice to hear of a second marriage. We are waiting on a very sad phone call to come through as Brian is not going to make it. We were told on Sunday he only had a couple of days left. We are upset that we can’t be with him at the end (due to this wretched Coronavirus shut down) as we are the only family he has.
Stay safe. Hugs Nrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Happy Easter and a gorgeous card you made so nice for that male. Cute photos.x.xx

brenda said...

What a super masculine card Kate, so nice when they are personalised.

Have a good and safe Easter.

B x

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Gorgeous texture and great detils.
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, I love the music theme.
I'm thrilled to see that the swans are nesting again this year, I will look forward to seeing photographs of the cygnets later in the year.
Happy Easter.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

Love the textures and details on the wonderful card. Happy Easter.
Stay safe.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, Love the wee record on it. We have swans on the pond here but Ive not been near it the last few weeks as I thought there would be too many others going for a walk round it. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

pam said...

Wonderful card Kate.
Happy Easter
Pam x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A great musical card .. .. my son collects guitars and vinyl and keyboards .. .. well anything musical really .. .. .. so he would think this card is brilliant too.

Lovely to see the swans.

Hope you are coping OK and are enjoying seeing some sunshine.

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A perfect card, love the EF and the images, great matches. How wonderful to see the swans, they are perfect parents and so loyal too. I hope you share the cygnet piccies? YOur right about the time and hobbies, I'm even finding it hard to do the hobby too LOL. HOw am I so busy?
Happy Easter
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Viv said...

Such a great card Kate!would be ideal for our son who plays the guitar too.Lovely pics of the swans too, hope they have lots of little ones very soon ;) Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

We have swans and loads of seagulls too, where we live and yes it sure is something wonderful to look forward too. Thank you for the update on your swan family x.
What a great masculine card. The colour tones look great with the pop of orange and the texture from the embossing folder is faulbus too x.
Yes I am finding time is going quickly too, which at the moment is such a good thing x.

Birgit said...

This card is perfect and one for a man or a woman. I have one friend who really has no clue how to be comfortable once he is home. He goes outdoors and loves it but when he goes back home, he is not sure what to do. This is when introspection is needed. I love the swans, they are so elegant even if they can be mean. Poor husband #1 ...it just shows how delicate they are. I am glad she could move on but let’s hope she doesn’t become the Liz Taylor of swans

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous design Kate and the swans are also looking good!

June x

Sue said...

Love that you played to the likes of her Brother for this wonderful card. Sounds like a winner, bet she was pleased with your handy work and her brother loved the card. Nicely done, Kate.

Love the pictures of the beautiful swans. We have a lot of water around us, and on an inlet to the Erie Canal there is a family of swans that we see each Spring and Summer. They glide through the water so elegantly, love seeing them. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card, lovely photos. I am so ready for Spring.
xx Karen

Pop's Cards said...

Your card is great I love the record, my kids wouldn't know what one is :0) the swans stole this post though, there is something so very elegant about them and so pretty, yet scary too, hugs pops x