Sunday 12 April 2020

Christmas Critters for the Christmas Card Club!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and enjoying your Easter weekend as well as you can. I'm sorry that for many of you it will be a difficult one not being able to be with family and friends, or not going away for the holiday. It's to be hoped that next year will be better, and all this will be behind us.

Well two weeks have gone by and it's time again for the Christmas Card Club Challenge, where our little team of like minded ladies like to get ahead of the game and make our Christmas cards throughout the year.....certainly takes the pressure off card making in December.

So, this time it's our lovely Maureen who is hosting the Challenge and it's Christmas Critters, or of course Anything Goes.  Here's what I've made;


I've had this digi image for ages and this is the first time I've used it, it's by Just Inklined and such a fun image. Coloured with Copic Markers and Sparkle pen, I've also used some gold gel pen. Clearly Besotted sentiment, love the font on this one, papers are form Dovecraft, And to finish off some clear gems and Sparkle Dust.
I decided that the reindeer wasn't Rudolph hence his black nose, Rudolph would have been too busy getting ready to pull Santa's sleigh.

Number two card is a different sort of critter, but nonetheless cute;
Yeh he's a fish and definitely a Christmas one as he has his Santa hat on and put up his tree. Another digi and I thing by the same company, again had it for ages. Copic colouring and papers for a pad bought in the Works, which is not Christmasy at all, all ocean images and colours, but \I thought it worked well, pale blue glitter card and a Lawn Fawn sentiment, gems to finish.
I'd like to enter this card into https://www.fezziwigsfestivefrolics.com/2020/04/fezziwig-says-festive-animals.html

Thank you Maureen for the challenge I did so enjoy it and again got to use old stash.
Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last card, as always they are so much appreciated.

Well, that's me for now, please have a look at what the other CCC ladies make, they are always fabulous.

Keep yourselves safe, take no risks and enjoy the  remainder of the weekend,

27 comments:

dutchess said...

These critters are great fun Kate and just what we need right now to give us a smile.....bet they made you smile when you were colouring them...
We are having a great time in the garden doing lots of jobs and enjoying Easter in a different way...still scoffing the chocolate as usual mind you....
Take care and stay safe xxxxx

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. I just love your cards, both of them made me smile. Hope all is well in your household, and that you manage to enjoy this Easter Sunday. Im doing a week-end course with the lovely Tracy Evans, out of my comfort zone, but it is a challenge. Doing it at my own pace and thoroughly enjoying it. All will be revealed. Lots of Hugs and Stay Safe. Rita xxxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Kate, I love that your deer has taken the time to decorate his antlers!Your festive fish really brought a smile to my face! Great cards. Take care. Hugs Christine x

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely christmas cards, love the images
I wish you and your family a Happy Easter,
Hopefully next year will be better

Wendy L said...

It is a lovely digi Kate, gorgeous card.xxxx

meg said...

Two fantastic fun images and cards Kate the reindeer is beautifully adorned with ornaments and the fish's hat is great

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Awww two cute cards, I really want to get some Christmas cards made soon

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two fun cards Kate, love the fish with his Christmas hat on, perfect little critter for the theme.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Great enjoyable post Kate and fabulous viewing.
Happy Easter.xx

Birgit said...

That reindeer made me laugh. Maybe this is Clyde who was passed over to be on Santa’s sleigh team. The second one is cute and both cards are so prettily created using the Easter colours

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Happy Easter Kate

Two super cute cards, the images are so sweet

Stay safe!

June x

Mrs A. said...

Love that second card with the Christmas fish. Brilliant card. I have mowed the grass and pulled up a few dandelions today so that’s my jobs done or the day . The Doc did say what about the washing but I said no that is tomorrow’s job. Got to eek them out and not rush into anything.My sainsburys shop is being delivered tomorrow. First food for 3 weeks. I feel like old mother Hubbard with the cupboards all bare. It’s amazing what you find lurking in the back. A jar of birds custard mix with 2006 stamped on the top! Made some up and The
Doc tried the teaspoon test and he is still here lol. Mind you I never told him what the date was as that is on a need to know basis,. . Hugs Mrs A

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous cards....
stay safe ,,,,not a nice day here in Gib
hugs Sylvie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love both your cards they are super, the wee fishy made me smile. I got a goldfish from my Aunt one christmas but it didnt have a santa hat on!!! Have a lovely Easter Day, and thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics this fortnight. Hazel xx

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Easter Kate, these are two cute cards. I am loving the critters and wonderful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

Your reindeer just made me laugh, it is so cute. Love the fish with his very own holiday tree.

Hugs Diane

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards. Happy Easter.

gwen70 said...

Two fabulous cards, love the fish so unusual. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness what wonderful cards Kate, love the reindeer and the fun fish.
Keep safe and well
Faith x


Valerija said...

Wonderful cards, lovely papers and colours, and very cute and fun images!
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

Two super Christmas cards Kate, fabulous stamps - I especially like the Christmas fish with his decorated bowl!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

WOW, Kate, love both of these digi's such fun Christmas cards. Love the font on the first one as well, and your little fish celebrating the holiday in his fish bowl home is priceless. These cards must have been such a joy to make.

Hugs
Sue

scrappymo! said...

Love your cards, Kate. The second one is so darn funny...I am grinning as I type this. The first one is fun too...you must have been in one great mood as you made these!!!

Sorry I am so late...I forgot it was this week. Thought it was next week!

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Two brilliant Christmas cards .. .. but the goldfish one really made me smile.

Hope you enjoyed the Easter holiday .. .. albeit it very different to what we are used to.

Love Jules xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so adorable...so happy, well done mf.
xx Karen

rachel said...

Wonderful crds Kate - I do love them both very much - what great images! Glad to hear you are keeping okay. We are all good so far - but it is a deeply troubling time! Big hugs rachel xx

Pop's Cards said...

These are both so very pretty I do love the layout on them too, hugs Pops x