Sunday 26 April 2020

Baubles for the CCC!

Hello to You All, and I hope your weekend is going well and you're enjoying it as beat you can.
We have had a week of fabulous weather, unheard of really here, it's usually raining at this time of the year, but I believe there's some low pressure coming in tomorrow so that will change.

Well, it's another fortnight over and time again for the Christmas Card Club Challenge and this time it's me who is choosing the theme, and I would love to see your cards with Baubles on them, or of course there is always Anything Goes, if you can't manage baubles.


My first card uses a Whimsy image and I've used Altenew Metallic Watercolour paints on Arches Watercolours paper after i heat embossed the stamp with Wow EP. It is brighter in real life, unfortunately the camera hasn't managed to capture the gorgeous colours. Next I mounted it on to Rose Gold mirror card then on to a turquoise card, finishing of with my little clear gems.


I just photographed these two little cards together as they are from the same sheet of paper from a very old Making Cards magazine. I loved the colours and added a little glitter to the baubles. The card with the rocking horse I made the background with Copic markers and added a border with my black pen. The sentiment on the single bauble card is from Clearly Besotted, again some tiny gems to finish., very simple.

Do look at the cards that the other ladies from the team create, they are always fabulous.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card, and I have to say that Dougie phone me the other day to thank me and said it brought a tear to his eye, wasn't that lovely, it's that kind of thing that makes it all worth while.

That's me for now, take care and keep safe,
  I would like to enter my first card in to 
https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-rudolph-days-challenge.html

32 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Kate. All the baubles look fabulous and I particularly like the pink and turquoise cards - lovely colours and designs.
Hope you are keeping safe and well
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

These are gorgeous bauble cards Kate, the stamps looks sensational and result is stunning...take care.xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. My what Stunning Bauble cards. So very colourful too. I enjoyed your challenge too. Stay safe and look after yourselves. Hugs Rita xxxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous Bauble cards, love the colours you have used. Marlene

dutchess said...

Morning Kate...3 gorgeous bauble cards...great stamps and colouring...
Thanks for the great challenge I really enjoyed it....take care xxxx

meg said...

three beauties Kate, fabulous colours on the larger card love the non traditional colours on the smaller two

Crafting Queen said...

Three lovley cards. Stay safe and well.

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous cards Kate xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous selection of bauble cards Kate, I love the pretty colours on them too. Thanks for a great challenge theme.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Gorgeous cards Kate. I love the non traditional colours you have used. Take care and keep safe. Hugs Christine xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate ...great cards ...bright zingy colours
Hope you are well....
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kate, lots of lovely baubles - I especially like the pretty pink ones.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards Kate.
Sunny here today but we have had quite alot of rain for this month, xxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are all fabulous Kate, loved the theme this challenge. Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Oh what lovely cards and what super colour combos you have used. Thanks for a fun challenge and sorry I'm late. Struggling with blogger today so not been able to get post up until now and now can't add link and not sure if comments are working. Hope this arrives. Hugs Zoe x ps glad you like the puppy xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors on your Christmas cards Kate.

Hugs diane

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the cards they are super. Mmm im wondering what day to cut the grass as I can see the low pressure on the weather app now!! Booo!!! Its been such good weather. Hazelxx

Mrs A. said...

A lovely artsy trio of baubles. Such pretty colours . We only ventured out once on the oldies morning slot. The queue went right round the side of the shop, looped all round the car park and out of the back entrance. Most of the cars parked up were SUV’s. There are some pretty nifty seventy yr olds around . If It wasn’t for the social distancing I would have marched up to people queuing and demanded to know who their plastic surgeon was cause I sure as hell want to look 50yrs again too!! We didn ‘t queue. I couldn’t stay upright long enough even holding onto the trolly and The Doc needs to be within striking distance of a loo at all times!! Havn’t been out since, hence my hunter gatherer mode on the internet. I am about to something of interest on the ccc page so have a look tonight. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Thanks for a great theme -really love your makes too Kate...that rocking horse bauble is just lovely!!! Big hugs rachel xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the cards especially your first one with the ribbon background. I KNEW Dougie would love your card Kate.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Birgit said...

Both are so pretty and I bet the first one pops with the colours. The other 2 look just as bright and cheery. We have seen snow and cold temps..blechhh.

scrappymo! said...

A trio of beauties, Kate. I like them all but think my fave is that first one. So many baubles to colour and they look wonderful.

brenda said...

Lovely cheery cards Kate and yes the rain is on it's way apparently.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection of card Kate. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue DT xx

Sue said...

Love your bauble cards. The colors are lovely as well as the different designs. Glad you are well and staying safe. Making face masks now for family and friends, so stamping is on the back burner except my DT stuff.

Hugs
Sue

Valerija said...

Such fabulous cards.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

How are the Altenew paints, let me know what you think of the new lot.xx

Pop's Cards said...

These baubles look amazing, great cards, hugs Pops x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Those metallic watercolour paints look amazing. They make for a really bright and beautiful card.

I just knew Dougie would appreciate his card. It was just perfect.

Our weather turned to rain her today .. .. but our gardens definitely needed it!

Take care and stay safe Kate.

Love Jules xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Gorgeous baubles Kate and the single pink one is so delightful

June x

Pat said...

All three cards are super pretty Kate and it is good too use up some bits and bobs, and they look great here, and your Whimsy baubles are gorgeous and I can imagine the shine will look wonderful in real life. It is always a shame that photos don't show shimmer and shine awfully well, apart from mirri, which flares and is totally annoying to photograph..lol, not complaining really..lol. x

scrappymo! said...

Back with my official hat on. I like that you entered this card as it was my fave!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.