Tuesday 14 April 2020

With Tulips!

Hello Friends and Visitors, I hope all is well with you during this very unsettling time and that you are finding something positive in your day.

We continue to do fine, and since I've discovered Whatsapp, I'm enjoying being able to see friends whilst talking to them on the phone. This is for many where technology comes into it's own. Brilliant for keeping in touch with family, and friends and especially the grandchildren. I have one friend who uses it to read a story each night to her little Granddaughter. I have no grandchildren, but Damian sends little videos of Milo and Rowan playing and getting into mischief, which brings a smile to my face. But I do miss going out for a fish supper, and I'm fed up cooking lol. Alistair has promised to take me out for a slap up meal when this is all over....I'll be wanted more than just one!

I've been spending a lot of time making cards for friends, especially ones I've not seen for quite a while, and not likely to for ages yet, so that's been keeping me busy, here is one I made for one of my Choral friends;


Pretty Pink Posh are the tulip image and coordinating dies for this card, and coloured with Altenew  watercolour paints, Distressed Oxides on the background and some Perfect Pearls splatters. The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted Stamps, and this one is getting loads of use these days.
I was pleased that my friend phoned to say that she loved it and how lovely to get something nice through the post, so that warmed my heart.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my Christmas Card Club cards and welcome to a new Follower, sadly you don't have a blog so that I can't return the visit, but it's lovely that you clicked the button to follow me..

Well that's me for now, I hope you can keep your spirits up and remain well and safe, till next time,

I would like to enter my card into;
https://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-flower-challenge-43-springautumn.html

https://caswatercolour.blogspot.com/2020/04/cas-watercolour-april-2020-challenge.html

25 comments:

Diane said...

Just stunning Kate, wow love the background it really makes the flowers pop.

Hugs Diane

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Keep safe and well.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Absolutely stunning Kate, hope you are well and keeping safe, it is lovely to see the Daffodils and Tulips in the gardens adding colour to the days. Marlene

Wendy L said...

I love the effect you get with Oxides, I must get some!!!
Gorgeous card you have made with them, very effective.
We are treating ourselves to a T
Home delivery on Friday as a few restaurants are getting special permission to do this.
Xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Gorgeous card Kate, love your background and those tulips, of course your friend was pleased :)
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

meg said...

A gorgeous background for your tulips Kate, they are really beautiful. Hope you are both keeping well

scrappymo! said...

It is always nice to comment on the cheeerful cards and yours is one of those. What a lovely card to send your friend.

I have one friend that loves getting a homemade card. She does not mail out Christmas Cards so rarely gets one sent to her. I always leave her on my list and mail her a Xmas card and she has saved everyone and decorates her house at Christmas times with all of them!

Think I will adopt your idea and send her a couple of cards while this pandemic keeps us home.

Birgit said...

Love the card which is very sunny and uplifting. I am so happy she loves it. I am trying to get whatsapp from my galaxy phone but I am so not gifted when it comes to these things. I think I will order out this week..that will be a nice change. Stay safe

Jennifer Johnston said...

This is a beautiful card Kate. I just love
the simplicity of it. So effective. Love
the background which makes the tulips really
stand out. Stay safe lovely lady.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is an especially nice card. Really well done.
I agree that technology really is in its element right now.
Do you have the ability to take out food where you are? We have been doing that every once in a while. It stretches the grocery for longer and then helps some local businesses we want to stay in business.

Mrs A. said...

I love that gorqeous background you have created. What a perfect card for your friend to receive. Keep safe and well. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Kate and most colourful, the style is lovely and great image used.x.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, pretty tulips and fabulous background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jannet said...

Such a beautiful and bright card will be sure to brighten anyone’s day. Stay safe and well xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, I do love the colour of these tulips. We have quite a few in our garden.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kate! Your white embossed colorful tulips are gorgeous! I love the coordinating background! Pure beauty! xx

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful spring card Kate, love the pretty tulips and fabulous sunny colours
Lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh Kate, this is a beauty! I love your tulips and the bright yellow is such a cheerful color. I hope by now you have your spring flowers arriving and the winter is gone ~ and you're all doing okay!

brenda said...

Sorry to be so late arriving Kare, mood needs a shove still and not helped that I was due to get my post op glasses literally as lockdown started so blogs and comment boxes are a blur, but that's minor compared with other events in the World.

What's app is great, I use it quite a lot.

A lovely Spring card today, thank you for sharing.

B x

Dortesjs said...

very lovely tulip card. love tulips. take care and thank you for your visit on my blog

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning I love this, hugs Pops x

TaeEun said...

What a beautiful Spring card! The ink blending around the pretty tulips makes the card so dreamy! Love this! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Susan said...

Beautiful tulip card! Lovely bright colours on the flowers and the shading behind them. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Pat said...

Gorgeous tulips Kate and your choir friend will love this I'm sure. I'm certainly missing my singing at the moment, and fear it will be a long time before we get back to it again. Take care. x

Creative Heart Designs said...

I love tulips and the coloring you did on your images is gorgeous!

Creative Heart Designs