Monday 6 April 2020

Get Well Soon!

Hellooo Everyone!   I do hope you are all well and finding positives even although we are having to stay in more. It's hard for most folks and just not what we are used to. I've always been a bit of an unsociable sod, so I'm a bit ahead of the game lol.

Mind you, what a cheek the Scottish Chief Health person had visiting her second home at the weekend, not only once but twice...stupid or just incredibly arrogant!. In my opinion she should have been sacked, not allowed to resign. Bad judgement call on our Nicola's part me thinks. I listened to another health expert Professor Jason Leitch, trying to justify her behaviour by calling it a wee mistake...what twice!  No justification whats so ever, not when we are in such a health crisis, and the majority are taking the Government's advice...what ever Government and staying in and minding the social distancing, and there are some poor souls who even have no garden to get out into let alone a second home, utterly disgraceful. Although, someone really privileged arrived in Scotland at their second, third or fourth home, and brought the virus with him. No one is above this health scare.  Poor show Scotland. Rant over!!

Anyhoo, I've got a card today to cheer up our friend Jean, who had had an operation on her legs, well veins really and she was in danger of having a leg off if she didn't have the op, and we all thought that she might not get it because of the situation at the moment, but she has and so far so good.
I've given the card a bit of a rainbow hue with Momento dye inks and then stamped Altenew Leaf Canopy over it. A Clearly Besotted sentiment, Perfect Pearls splatters and a few black gems.
I would like to enter this into;
https://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-somewhere-over-rainbow.html

I had to go into the town this morning, somewhere I've not been for at least a couple of months, well before this lockdown, and I couldn't get over the quietness of the roads, I kept expecting  to see the tumbleweed to roll by, really spooky. Now Inverness is not a great big city, but even we have traffic jams, not now. Morrison's car park was almost empty, you can hardly get a space most times . It's all quite something! Anyway, I treated us to some M&S curries for dinner tonight.. I have to say I am missing going out for something to  eat and not having to cook that night, so this is the next best thing.
Well Star Trek is almost on... we've taken to watching it instead of the six o'clock news, and I'm finding so funny, it's the original series and so dated now, but still worth the watch...if you'er a fan.

So I'll say cheerio for now and hope you stay healthy and safe,
  

24 comments:

Diane said...

Lovely card design and colors Kate. Yes, we have the privileged here also, some with the virus leaving a home in one state to travel to another where they have a second home. Amazing how arrogant or ignorant these people are.

Hugs Diane

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is such a cheery card, I love it, All the Best to Jean, I hope shes back on the mend soon. I couldnt beleive the Chief Health Officer!! Silly Silly Lady!!! No justification and I do wonder if folks will now be thinking, well the woman that told us not to go out has so we will too!!! I have been living a socially isolated life (anxiety disorder) for years now so not much change for me apart for shopping is more scary with having to wait in queues. Och well if its for the good of the nation its worth it in the end!!! We were meant to have a big celebration in town today as its 700 years since the declaration of independence was signed but there was no-one near the Abbey when we walked past with the woof. Stay Safe, Hazel xx

Christine Harrop said...

A lovely colourful card for your friend Kate. Hope she recovers soon. Like you I am very happy with my own company - I take after my mum for that- so it's no real hardship for me. I do feel so sorry for those families living in very small houses and flats. We have no neighbours and a lot of land so John is quite happy wandering around outside. Take care both of you. Hugs Christine xx

Viv said...

A striking card Kate.
Thanks for joining our Rainbow challenge at Stamping Sensations

Gibmiss said...

Great card....Kate.... love the colours..... stunning card.... we have been in 3 weeks now ... luckily we have a fried that gets our shopping ....and she gave us a big bag of goodies....
chocolate... biscuits ...tatty hash that Roy loves...two hand made masks.... 2 Boxes of pringles.... how nice is that....
Hugs a Sylvie
Stay safe
Xxx

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning card Kate and has to one of my favourites...Great rainbow colours and blending and the black silhouette leaf stamping looks fabulous....I am sure your friend will love it x.
As a fellow crafter, living in Scotland, I couldn't agree more with your comments Kate and what a silly and arrogant lady she is.
Enjoy your Star Treks x.

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I love the rainbow effect you have created here .. .. it makes for a lovely background to those beautiful leaves!

I am pleased your friend's operation went ahead. I hope she does well and recovers quickly.

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous designed Kate, your creations are always a wow factor.xx

brenda said...

What a very striking design Kate and I am sure it will really cheer your friend. It's perfect for our Rainbow theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

Thanks also for your kind words the other day, I am trying (in more ways than one hubby would say) but so far it's just not happening. I have a Skype consultation with my neurologist later today as obviously can't go to London and I am hoping he might give me some glimmer of hope of something different we can try to get on top on the ongoing migraines, day after day really wears me down.

B x

meg said...

Love your beautiful rainbow background colours against the stamping hope your friend makes a speedy recovery

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card for your friend, hope her recovery is swift.
Glad to hear that you are in good spirits and staying safe.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, your bright background looks fabulous behind the silhouette leaves - I'm sure it will cheer up your friend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Valerija said...

Beautiful card. I love your rainbow background.
Valerija xx

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card Kate, the background colours and so striking which enhances the black leaves so well.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rita said...

Beautiful card to cheer someone up Kate. Love the colours. Beautiful day here and Bedding washed, dried ,ironed and back on the bed. Hugs Rita xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely bright and cheerful card, love your design
I totally agree with you, she was stupid and should have been sacked.
I have been to Inverses many years ago, as you say a quite town, we are isolating and although we have been for a walk in the village, ( i cant walk far as I am waiting for an injection in my hip which has been put off by the GP for three months) it is quite and peaceful. if and when the three months is up I will enjoy having a coffee out and the shops even more in the future.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, I love the rainbow strip behind your stamping - a lovely design
Lorraine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your friend will be thrilled to get your card Kate I'm sure. It's beautiful, love the design.
Yep! the lady in her knowledgeable position said it's not OK for you, but it is for me! Grrrrr I think she learned a lesson with all the furore about it.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

MiamiKel said...

Well hello sweet friend! YAY for getting into town - that's what it's like here, too, in BUSY Miami - a ghost town! I love your rainbow card so cheerful and sweet! Air hugs!

Jannet said...

A beautiful Over the rainbow card, I am so glad your friend was still able to have her operation. Stay safe xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty card...love the rainbow behind the leaves.
Stay safe and Happy Easter.
xx Karen

Sue said...

So lovely, Kate, love the strip of colors against the leaves. Glad you got to get out, even for just a bit, it helps. We took a ride to the river and parked and sat in the car. Watching the water is very relaxing, and it felt good just to get out of the house.

Hugs
Sue

Sally H said...

A wonderful rainbow card, Kate! I am sure your friend will love it! I've been going to the supermarket at 7 am to avoid all the silly humans, lol. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck! Stay safe lovely lady xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Love this design, so cheery, I hope your friend is recovering well, hugs Pops x