Thursday 23 April 2020

Up Up and Away!

Hello Everyone, I hope you continue to keep well and are managing with the lockdown, it would seem that we will be in it for some time to come yet.
Listening to our First Minister today in her daily update,  she was asked by a journalist is she was cancelling Christmas. I just despair of some of the questions that these folks ask,  I'm sure our Nicola would love a crystal ball, however she has said she won't be cancelling Christmas, however, I'm sure it's going to different from other years.....  that's my opinion.

Anyway, we are still fine, thankfully, and managing to cope. Mind you our weather is beautiful for this time of the year, so that  helps to life the spirits.

So I have another card made for a friend,
This card for for our friend Dougie, who has quite a few health issues, and has been socially isolating even before it was  asked of us. Sadly, he get's a bit down, and is missing his music sessions with Alistair and Lawrence, so I thought this bright card would cheer him up a bit.
Honey Bee stamps, it's from their latest stamp launch. I treated myself to the stamps, dies and sentiments and I just love them.
So I started off with an Oxide background, and splattered water and silver paint on to it. Coloured the balloon with Zig watercolour markers. The clouds are a mixture of Memory Box and for the stamp set and the sentiment is one from the set. As usual I'v added a few wee clear gems and a bit of Sparkle pen to the clouds and balloon.
I hope he likes it.

Well, it's lunch time now so I'm off to see what I can find.
Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, and Hello to my latest  Follower, although I can't return the visit as you don't seem to have a blog, but thank you for clicking the Follow Button.

Take care of yourselves and see you soon,

29 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a beautiful fun card. I'm sure your friend will like it. I hope he will be alright, it is getting me down a bit, cardmaking is keeping me busy. Stay safe and well. Marlene

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a great card, I love the bright colours that you have used. Im sure it will cheer Dougie up. Funnily enough Granny and I were just talking about he stupid questions they ask Nicola on the update, last weeks one was how many folk will die next week!! Errr wait till I consult my crystal ball!!! Have to say its now the only news Im now watching, our 12.30 update. Stay Safe, Hazel xx

meg said...

beautiful rainbow colours in your stamp and background Kate definitely an uplifting card, keep safe xx

Diane said...

Awesome background colors and what a fun design Kate.

Hugs diane

Jo said...

That's beautiful Kate, I'm sure Dougie will love it. Gorgeous colours & a lovely design too. Stay safe x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Kate, loving the background and gorgeous sentiment, so true at the moment with social distancing etc. Stay safe.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card HAS to cheer him up Connie, it really is vibrant and beautiful.
I despair of some of the questions from journalists too? Perhaps they just have to prove they are there?
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sorry I meant Kate!
x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, love the bright colours.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely bright card, sure to cheer him up

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Kate. The balloon looks fab and I love the rainbow colours.
Hope your friend is ok
Lorraine x

dutchess said...

A great bright cheery card Kate and just perfect to lift his spirits...
I have had to stop watching the news as the journalist ask the same stupid questions daily I really wish they would just give the briefing and end it ...we really don’t need all these inane government bashing comments...I am working my way through lots of old comedies to cheer myself up....take care xxxx

MiamiKel said...

Oh Kate, this is just just so whimsical and sweet! The colors are just so darling and beautifully designed. I am sure this will cheer him up and bring a smile - this is simply perfect! Have a great weekend, my friend! x0x0

Wendy L said...

It's a great card and will cheer him up. I've been post I g cards to family and friends regardless of the cost from here, just to, hopefully, put a smile on their faces.
John and I was the virus update but now, we switch off when the questions come on. The reporters seem to ask questions that have been answered in the update, moronic. They obviously have not got enough to do now. X
Keep well Kate and Alistair.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Certainly is a beautiful designed card, lush colours as well...have a lovely weekend..x

cotnob said...

A lovely, bright and cheerful card Kate, I'm sure it will cheer Dougie up.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so joyful, so colourful, so uplifting Kate...well done.
xx Karen

Bathwater said...

Let's hope by Christmas some normality returns!

pam said...

Fabulous card Kate, sure it`ll cheer him up
Pam x

Viv said...

Such a lovely uplifting card Kate,I am sure it wi
L be well received too 😉 Viv xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Oh I love this!!!

What a fabulous sentiment alongside such a lovely design.

I think we all need our spirits lifting a little (or even a lot) at the moment don't we?

I feel certain it will brighten Dougie's spirit when he receives this, and every time he looks at it. We isolated Mum weeks before it was asked of us .. .. and we think that is what has kept her safe .. .. though she is really missing being taken out for a walk in her wheelchair.

Pleased you are coping OK .. .. but like you I think even Christmas is going to be different this year. I can't see all of this going away for ages yet.

Take care Kate.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Such a bright and cheery card Kate, perfect bright hapoy colours.

B x

Valerija said...

Great colours and beautiful image. Your card is perfect.
Valerija xx

Margarets designer cards said...

If we all had a crystal ball, perhaps this virus might not have spread as far as it has, I totally agree the questions that they think up are totally silly and stupid at times.

Love the card and your balloon imnage

Jennifer Johnston said...

A really cheery card Kate, love it! The colours are
fabulous and it makes me feel happy just to look at it.
Your card would brighten up anyone's day! I'm sure it will
bring a smile to Dougie's face and it will let him know you are thinking of him, such a lovely gesture. Stay safe and keep well dear Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Sue said...

Awesome card, Kate. The oxide background is beautiful and the entire design is just wonderful. I am certain that your friend got a big lift from this bright beautiful card.

Glad all is well with you........I agree with you I think this is going to continue for some time to come.......

Hugs
Sue

Pop's Cards said...

Your such a kind person, I bet he loves this its gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

I'm sure Dougie will have appreciated your colorful card and great sentiment Kate

June x

Pat said...

How bright and pretty Kate and sure to lift the spirits of your friend Dougie. I love it! I am beginning to miss my singing too. x