Friday 29 July 2022

Ice Cream Anyone?!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and still enjoying the good weather. Although I know many of you prefer it to be a little cooler. For Scotland, we have a scorcher today. 

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, which was almost a week ago, so here I have a coloured page;



I thought that this lovely drawing of an ice cream cone was just the thing to colour in light of the hot weather. 

I coloured with Polychromos pencils, which I felt didn't suit the paper, finding them a wee bit difficult to blend. Gel pens, Stickles for sparkle. A Lavinia stencil in the background with DI in Victorian Velvet.

I visited my friend Fiona during the week and she was looking so well, considering what she is going through. She is far from out of the woods yet, only halfway through her chemo treatment and then to have radiotherapy. She was describing what the chemo treatment was like and I was sitting cringing, it sounds so awful. Fiona is so upbeat though and taking it all in her stride. It was lovely to spend time with her and Malcolm the cat, a gorgeous white puss, and get some of the world sorted out lol.

Well that's me for now, going out in the afternoon for a cream tea, not had one of those in a while, time for a wee treat. Till next time, take care of yourselves,


 

17 comments:

meg said...

We've got the perfect weather to enjoy an ice cream Kate,this beautifully coloured one looks delicious,trying to decide what all the flavours are

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A so lovely colouring on the ice cream Kate and love the vintage style of your stencilling! Best wishes and prayers for your friend, surely she has to be strong for a not short time, but she is walking to be out of the tunnel.
Hugs

brenda said...

Certainly the weather for it Kate, not that I'm a big fan, prefer a nice orange lolly! Beautifully coloured against the soft stencilling.

B x

Sue said...

Hmmm I love ice cream..gorgeous colouring Kate! and glad to hear your friend is feeling a lot better hugs Sue x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With the sun as it is, the ice cream is perfect. I love the colours you used. Good to hear Fiona is looking good, I'm sure she is helped with all the prayers and good wishes you have from us.
Faith x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a wonderful coloured creation.
Your colouring is perfectly done with those pencils used.
Just makes me feel cool looking at it.
A great background created with the stencil and ink.
So glad Fiona is doing well, my she is such a plucky lady and so brave.
Sending postative healing thoughts her way to help.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wonderful colouring as always Kate and I’m definitely tempted by your ice cream x

Jannet said...

Beautiful colouring Kate, it looks very yummy ! Glad to hear your friend is doing well xx

Lisa said...

Your coloring on that ice cream cone is amazing. I love the shadowing on the cone. I hope you have a cooler day or two ahead.

cotnob said...

A super colouring page Kate, a perfect page to colour in this weather.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Great project and fantastic colours and technique ♥

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful ice cream page, yes its certainly ice cream weather,

At last we have had some rain today, although there has been rain in the west country it seems to go around and miss us, but today we woke up to rain, hooray we wont have to water tonight,
Hope you have a good week and good weather

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty image and I love the pastel colours you have used Kate.
Lorraine

JD/ Jill said...

As always, Wonderful coloring ..In my area...we have had a lot of record breaking days this year! I Can't handle the heat anymore...come on Fall...

Valerija said...

Amazing image and fabulous colouring. Well done!
Valerija xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Wonderful card, just the trick for a hot day. We were talking to Matthew on zoom, he is asking after you. Marlene

Pat said...

I love your wonderful ice cream cone Kate, and the background stencilling suits it perfectly. Glad your friend Fiona is remaining upbeat and coping well with the chemotherapy and that you had a good chinwag..I hope you enjoyed your cream tea too. x