Sunday 24 July 2022

Dudley for CCC Cute Christmas!

 Hello Everyone, I hope your weekend is going well, ours's is wet. still the plants need the rain.

Another fortnight's gone by and it's time for the Christmas Card Club to show their makes and this time Lorraine has chosen Cute Christmas, or Anything goes.


For this little scene I've combined cute little Dudley from Hobby Art Stamps and Cardi-o trees and grass. Oxide Inks for the background with some Gesso splatters and some silver gel pen. I've coloured the image with Zig watercolour markers and some gold gel pen. Sentiment from the same stamp set and Lavinia Holograph glitter on Dudley's hat.

Can anyone tell me if Hobby Art Stamps have gone out of business?, I just couldn't find it, but other online stamp shops popped up selling Hobby Art stamps. It's certainly been a while since I bought from them so I suppose anything could have happened.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, always appreciated.

I'll get this scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday for when the post goes live. Have a lovely evening and enjoy the rest of your weekend,



22 comments:

dutchess said...

Love it Kate stuff fun cute stamps..hobby art have a new web site
https://hobbyartstamps.com/ We had much needed rain last night and it’s cooled a bit….long May it last I hate the heat….take care xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Dudley? I immediately thought to Di's adorable pup of http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/ but I can see that isn't him! :D LOL
Lovely card with a great background! Love the coordinate envelope!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely image for a christmas card, I do like the way they are kissing.

We are slightly cooler down here and in need of rain, although there has been rain in the south west it keeps missing us and my garden badly needs it. can you send some down please.

Have a good week, hope the weather is better for you

meg said...

He is a cutie Mate a fabulous Christmas card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card Kate, love your background, and "Dudley" such a cutie. A Super scene.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card with cuteness overload Kate.
It's been so hot here that I have only just been able to get in my craft room today....phew!
Lorraine

rachel said...

Great make Kate...and Hobby Art are very much still going! Love them! Hugs Rachel x

Wendy L said...

It is a real cute card Kate. Can't help with the stamps, xx

Valerija said...

Wow, what a cute image. Love the scene you have created. Wonderful Christmas card.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

Not something we seem to say often here in the Fens, but my do we need some rain.

Lovely warm seasonal card and Hobby Art (https://hobbyartstamps.com/) were certainly still going last week and Jenny was on C&C with new releases, but in the current climate things change quickly.

B x

gwen70 said...

Sooo cute, love it xx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Kate, you have created a lovely scene for your cute image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kate, I love this card, it made me smile when I saw it. Marlene

Sue said...

Kate, loving the little scene you created. What a fun image too. We are hot and sticky here, but forcast for a cool front which will be very welcomed!!

Hugs
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is such a lovely card and a very cute image too.
Love the inking background and the colouring is gorgeous.
I have just reated myself to some Cardio Stamps after seeing a you tube video. and was so impreessed with thier range.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card. Great coloring and design. Thanks, for sharing your wonderful work.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous card …love the scene …
Think Hobby Art are still going …they were on C&Craft a few weeks ago ….
Hugs Sylvie xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Just looked on line Hobby Art …still there ….
Sylvie x

Jannet said...

Super cute card Kate. Take care xx

pam said...

Wonderful card Kate, Think Hobby Art are still on TV.
Thank goodness it has cooled down.
Hugs Pam x

Pat said...

What sweet images including Dudley..love the glitter on his hat, and the sweet robin sitting on the pretty tree Kate, and the background works brilliantly using your Card-io stamps, and some great envelope art too. x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that image is too cute and is perfect for Lorraine's challenge. Great coloring and what a fun card.