Sunday 3 July 2022

Josie Blowing Wishes!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well, but if not, sending Big Hugs. 

Weather has taken a turn for the worse the last few days and  it's a bit chillier too, not yet like Summer weather.

We went to the Andrea Botcelli concert on Friday, and it was absolutely awesome. What a voice he has, and the Mezzo Soprano supporting him was amazing too, unfortunately I didn't get her name, it was someone I'd never heard of, but oh my what a deep rich voice she had. Of course, she and Andrea sang Time to Say Goodbye and it just sent a tingle along my spine. He ended the concert with Nessun dorma, just magical. He also came out wearing a jacket he got specially made for him in Inverness Caledonia Thistle colours, a lovely plaid. The concert's venue was held in the football stadium. 

His special guest was Nicola Benedetti, a wonderful violinist from Scotland and you could see she just loved playing at home to a Scottish audience.

This was a Birthday gift from Damian and Moreen who also came with us and thoroughly enjoyed it too, all the more so as Moreen had had covid and we didn't know if she would make it or that if Damian would catch  it too, however they did and it was a wonderful evening.

Here's my card;



Using lovely Josie from Lavinia Stamps and little Pippen, I stamped on to an Oxide background, then added some stencil work. toadstools and foliage are also Lavinia stamps.

Dandelion on envelope is from SU.

I was delighted to meet my friend Fiona at the concert, and to see her looking so well. I've not met up with her since she started her chemo, and has been having a rough time of it, this was one of her good days thankfully as it was a goal to get to the concert, and it's boosted her spirits no end.

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last card.

Well folks that's me for now, enjoy your evening and see you soon, take care



13 comments:

meg said...

Love your background colours stencilling and stamps Kate,a magical card

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi there Kate, I love this card, your background is beautiful, love the colours too. Needless to say, I also love the Lavinia stamps you have used. so pretty, a lovely little scene you have created. So pleased you enjoyed the concert. I have quite a few cds of Andrea Bocelli, he has a fabulous voice. Have a good week Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jannet said...

How wonderful to see Andrea Bocelli, a memory to treasure forever. Another beautiful card Kate take care xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So glad you enjoyed Andrea Boccelli in concert! :) He has really an amazing voice.
So glad for your friend too!
Lovely card with your Lavinia stamps, so beautifully done!
Hugs

Valerija said...

Amazing card. Great stamping and I love the background.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

A wonderful colourful card,love your stamps and layout ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Kate, what a wonderful concert that must have been, good all that wanted to be there, got there, making all the more special for everyone I would have thought. Your card is beautiful, a wonderful background for the beautiful stamps, lovely colour mix too.

Christine Harrop said...

Terrific card Kate. The concert sounds fabulous. Andrea really has the most wonderful voice. Must have been a fantastic experience. So glad to hear that Fiona was able to make it too. Hope her treatment is working. Take care. Christine xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, lots of lovely details.
I'm so glad that everyone managed to make the concert and that you all had a wonderful time.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card that has a magical feel - I love the background inking and gorgeous silhouette stamps you have used.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate and I love Andrea he has a fabulous voice! hugs X

Lisa said...

Great Lavinia Stamps and scene you created with them. I love the background you created too. Wonderful colors.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful coloring! Wow! That had to be a very special concert! Love his singing!