Sunday 17 July 2022

Little Boy Fairy!

 Hello Everyone, hope all is well with you and that you are keeping safe in this heatwave. We were at 25 degrees today, but no sun, just cloud, it felt more like a sticky heat. I couldn't cope with the heat that down south is having, anyhoo I hope no one is suffering.

I have a finished page tonight, from c Colouring Heaven book of Fledgling Fairies, and the illustrations are by Christine Karron.


This little cutie has been coloured with Black Widow pencils, which I was disappointed with in terms of blending colours. Perhaps it's the paper in this book. They are also incredibly hard pencils. I used Pan pastels for the skin colouring. Gel pens to add some sparkle. Card-io  snail, ladybird and butterflies, I thought they made a lovely addition and I'm sure little fairy boys like bugs as well as most little boys. Posca pens in different colours to give the impression of flowers.

I did enjoy colouring up this page as I fell in love with it when I first saw it.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post, very much appreciated.

That's me for now, take care of yourselves and hope to see you soon,


  

14 comments:

meg said...

Thank goodness our weather is cooler than down south,I'm not a fan of hot sunny days.A beautifully coloured image,love his facial expression

Valerija said...

Wow, so cute image and great colouring.
Valerija xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable image and colouring, Kate!
Here we were just at 37 degrees today...and it's only the morning...!! So hot!!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's already 28 degrees here in Norfolk, I'm in my craft room with the fan on.
A lovely image, so cute and beautiful colouring once again.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Kate, This is a fabulous image and coloured beautifully. John has just set up my new computer so hopefully I can get to grips with it soon. I'm not the most computer literate and this is different to my last one - even though they are the same make etc. I really am unable to deal with hot weather and so I am dreading tomorrow which is going to be even hotter!!! It's over 30 outside and much the same inside. I'm melting! Take care. Hugs Christine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I absolutely love this image Kate, so beautifully coloured.
As for heat, I just checked our outside thermometer in the shade it's 36C. We lived in Saudi Arabia for a few years, the heat here is on a par. Phew!
At least it's going down soon! We are expecting some rain tomorrow!
Faith x

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful coloring page and fabulous coloring. I hope it cools down soon.

aussie aNNie said...

Another fabulous project, love the colours you have used.

cotnob said...

A lovely page Kate, such a sweet image.
It's 35C down here today, I think I might melt in a minute.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful cards Kate, sorry not been around lately, went to see Matthew in Aberdeen and then to my Sister and Brother in Law for a few days. It was in the 30's in Durham, to hot for me. I have some good news about Matthew, I will let you know later. Marlene

Mrs A. said...

Kate, your colouring is superb. I just love this adorable image. Just back from having blood test. Nurse made a right mess of my arm taking it. Just sitting in summer. House with a nice cup of tea but Feel completely knackered. Now. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

That is one incredibly cute image and wonderfully colored.

Sue said...

It is the sweetest image of the little boy fairy. I love his pointy ears! Awesome colorwork, Kate!

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

What a sweet little boy fairy and the Pan Pastels work well for the facial colouring and the colours for his hair and clothes work really well. I love the added snail, ladybird and butterflies. Beautifully done Kate, and whenever I have done colouring from a book I have never thought to add some little extra images and mix different pens etc which is a great idea. x