Wednesday 28 October 2020

No Prob-llama!

 Hello Friends and Visitors, how are you all, doing well I hope and coping with this further spike in the virus. It seems it's not going away anytime soon. I'm hoping that the Highlands are going to be in tier 1, we will hear tomorrow whats what. If indeed we go down to tier 1 it will mean that we can visit Moreen and Damian in their home and vice versa, I do miss the doggies, and I don't see Moreen that much, Damian pops over for a doorstep visit which is great, I'm looking forward to the day when I can give him a hug, but I know I'm not alone in that feeling.

We had a lovely walk along Rosemarkie beach this morning and ended with a hot chocolate and shared a tasty fruit scone with butter and jam.....we know how to live!!, we sat outside at the eatery and looked at the sea, mind you it was pretty chilly, temp was 6 degrees, we were hardy though lol.

So on to my card;


 I was kinda stumped as to what to do for my friends Grandson this year, he will be 17 on his birthday, and I'm not all that sure what he is into these days, anyhoo, i remembered these fabulous stamps from an edition of Creative Stamping the other year and decided to use this super llama image.

I've created the background with DI and a cloud stencil and gave it a splatter with water, then as you can see added the leaves and grasses around the edges. The llama I stamped with two shades of brown  and fussy cut him out and attached with foam tape to raise him a bit. Mounted on to rose gold mirror card and job done. It's turned out quite well I think, I hope he likes it.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on mt last cards and a warm welcome to Lynne who is my latest Follower, unfortunately, Lynne commented on my last post and I accidently deleted it, I was using my phone and got a bit confused.com, so sorry Lynn, but I did manage to read it before I deleted it. Does anyone else find they are more confused by things these days, for example I never know what day of the week it is without having to lift my diary, is it an aged thing or a covid one???

That's all from me just now, I hope your week is going well, keep safe and see you soon,



25 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Your morning sounded absolutely perfect Kate. Awwww! Wonderful card. The llama is adorable. Beautiful background. What a great sentiment. I use the bin day to know what day it otherwise I haven't got a clue. The only thing is it gets confusing because the bins go out Tuesday night. So then I think Wednesday is thursday. Friday comes and I feel like I've lost a day! LOL! Take care, sending hugs, Flo xx

meg said...

A fabulous card Kate love the punny sentiment you teamed with the beautiful image,I understand that visiting indoors may not be allowed in tier 1 initially

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, such a sweet Llama and great background - a fun sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

I am glad you have a great time during this hard virus time, Kate. I love walks too. Your card is beautiful, my friend. And sooo fun! Kisses!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your walk sounds lovely Kate and you definitely live the good life, a scone AND jam cor! I Love your card, perfect for a late teen, he'll love it, a beautiful stamp as is the stamped frame and gorgeous background. I'm with Flo above with knowing the days from the bin men! It's a Covid thing I'm sure, couldn't be old age could it, God forbid.
Keep safe
Faith x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. It is perfect I love it. I hope you can start visiting again. This virus has taken lots away from us all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable llama card, surely your grandson have loved it!! Fabulous inked background too!!

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and very suitable for the age too.

MiamiKel said...

Aw Kate! This is the cutest! What a sweet llama and a fun play on words! I have a 16 year old so I can tell you, this card will be a hit! You do know how to live with toast and jam and hot chocoalate :) Be safe, as I'm hearing Europe is going upwards again - take care of you! xx

brenda said...

It is a difficult age group especially for boys, but I think this one does the trick perfectly Kate.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh how cute, lovely card, the scone sounds delish as does the hot chocolate. xxx

Dortesjs said...

ohhh so cute love your card - Have looked at your blog, I still think you do great things and stop by occasionally. I have not had time to make cards as I have actually been working on a book which has now been published.

Mac Mable said...

I used to think that no knowing what day it is was an age thing but now I think it's definitely a Covid thing....You are not alone Kate x.
I hope you go down to tier 1 Kate and yes I miss hugs too x.
Yay ....to the scone and hot chocolate and yes we sure are hardy up here x.
What a fun Llama card and a clever idea for a 17 year old lad. The sentiment will make him chuckle too x.

Jannet said...

Your walk on the beach sounds wonderful ! I’m sure your friends grandson will love the card, as it is fabulous. Stay safe, I hope you went to tier 1 xx

Valerija said...

So cute card and I love the fun sentiment too.
Valerija xx

Linda Simpson said...

Love this card Kate, the llama is so cute. Yes I get confused sometimes too we sure are living in strange and scary times at the moment. I need my diary too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

pam said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the colours.
Missing my family too! least we have the computer and phone
Hugs Pam x

Birgit said...

I hope you do go to a 1 and can see your family. I love this card with the llama and the fun saying. The background d and colouring is excellent.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love this card! What a great sentiment x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a great card and your stencilled background looks brilliant.
Love the scene you have created and that cute Llama.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, My nearly 17 year old would approve!! Im totally confuddled with the tier system. Sure I will get the hang of it soon.Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hazel xx

Sue said...

A super card for a young man. The background sky is amazing! The sentiment is so fun and is perfect with the sweet image.

Hugs
Sue

wannabcre8tive said...

A cute card. Love the Llama and the love.y sky.

Pat said...

Great to get out for a walk and then a hot chocolate and piece of jam scone sounds just perfect Kate. This card is perfect with the lovely llama and the sentiment is such fun too. I love the foliage framing the scene and the cloud stencil to give some interest to the sky too. A brilliant card for your friend's grandson. x