Sunday 1 November 2020

Colouring a planner and a few photos!

 Hello Everyone, how are things going for you in these very confusing times? I do hope you are well and keeping your chin up.

These weekends are coming around awfully fast, and now it's the 1st of November, before we know it, it'll be Christmas. I went into town yesterday and managed a wee bit of Christmas shopping as I really think Scotland will follow England and have a lockdown, what's stopping Nicola is money to pay businesses in order to pay staff and not let them starve, or loose their homes, but predictably, Johnston won't communicate with her. If anything should indicate the need for independence it should be this whole fiasco, oh, and then there's Brexit......A best selling author couldn't make it up.

Anyway, I have a little bit of colouring for you today;


 
I decided to buy my 2021 diary early and thought this Johanna Basford would be a lovely one to colour in, there are some beautiful  pages in it, I like to think I's have it all coloured by the New Year, but I guess I won't. I've used cheap and cheerful Crayola pencils on the top page, very difficult to blend, but the set has beautiful colours in it. This page is using Derwent Procolour pencils, fabulous to use and blended beautifully, I added  some Stickles for a wee bit of sparkle.

We has a lovely walk this morning, in which we got the best of the weather.  We walked through the Islands , which is along the banks of the River Ness, which runs through the town and into the Moray Firth, it's really beautiful, the river was the highest I've ever seen it, and flowing so fast. The tree colours are spectacular, and lots of leaves to kick through, here's a few photos;




5 minuets after this photo is was belting rain, as I said we ad the best of the weather.  It was a lovely uplifting walk, then back home for a bacon roll, a cup of coffee, and a Randolph Scott cowboy movie, ye canna whack it.

This post is  certainly photo heavy, but I have one more to show you. You will remember back in March our neighbours had a little boy, it was all very exciting as our street hasn't had a baby in it for years, well, a knock at the door yesterday found baby Alessandro and his mum Angie  to show him in is Halloween costume.  I got Angie's permission to  take this photo and show it;


They has to come into the house as it came on heavy rain, but isn't he so cute in his bat suit, I was desperate to hold him, but restrained myself, he's such a lovely baby and growing so fast, 9 months now. So he was our only Guiser as we call them in Scotland, and he got something for his piggy bank.

Right, I've probably bored you silly, so I'll sign off now, but before I go, thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last post, I do appreciate each and every one of them.

Keep yourselves safe, keep crafting for sanity, and keep smiling,



19 comments:

brenda said...

You are totally right in that you couldn't write it Kate, everything is a total shambles and Boris listens to no one, least of all the scientists, if he did there may have been less cases and deaths.

But your colouring is beautiful as always.

B x

meg said...

Beautifully coloured page Kate

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful colouring.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautifully coloured page Kate. Thanks for sharing the photographs too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love your chatty posts. Fab colouring and what lovely photos. You are lucky to live somewhere so beautiful

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh Your wee Guiser is adorable!!! Love the pics of the Ness. I used to be scared to pop my toes in it incase Nessie had a nibble!!! Thats a great diary, I think my Mum would like one of those as I give he a diary every year for her birthday. Love the colours you have gone for, Have a good week, Hazel xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your diary looks fantastic. Your colouring is amazing. I have next years diary but one to colour would have been a good idea. Your walk looks amazing. What a cute little boy. Take care and stay safe. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous colouring on your diary and such beautiful place you shared! What a cute little boy in his bat suite!
Hugs

Valerija said...

So wonderful. Fantastic colouring and beautiful photos.
Have a nice day.
Valerija xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
beautifully coloured items.
Your colouring is getting so perfect.
Your walk sounds wonderful and I remember there being such pretty scenery in Scotland.
Great pics of you both.
I am so glad you were able to see your neighbours child at last he looks like a little doll and his costume is fab.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I do love Johanna Basford and you've done a lovely job on this page. Gorgeous photos too x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful colouring, love the thought of a diary that you can colour in as the year goes by.
I think your first minster has some good ideas which is a pity our government down here don’t do, as Thursday approaches we are back in lock down yet again. We went Christmas shopping this morning, I know my husband has cancelled Christmas but I wanted a few of the things I enjoy over Christmas.
Take care and stay safe

Sue said...

Kate, you are never boring! Love the pictures, I have Great Greats in my ancestry from Scotland. And the coloring page is lovely. Because you showed some pictures before, I ordered one of the books to practice my color pencil skills, which are lacking! Coloring is very relaxing and satisfying, so thanks for that too.

Hugs
Sue

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring Kate, you should frame them and make a gallery of your colourings! They are lovely. Lucky you with a walk! We have had lashing rain, sun, rainbows and then a repeat of the same all day. Isn't it lovely to have a babe around, we live with no children about, the only ones we had are now early 20's! Isn't he a cutie. Lovely photos of you both. Good to hear what you're doing, makes my life boring NOT your stories. Keep safe
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing the photos Kate and Alessandro is adorable x. Fabulous colouring page and wonderful colouring x.

aussie aNNie said...

Love your photos Kate and adorable colouring. I have a few of Johanna Basford books and her colour pages are so fabulous to do... great progress. xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Awesome diary. You will have so much fun creating in it.

Diane said...

Beautifully colored page Kate and love all the fun pictures. The little neighbor dressed in the bat costume it just adorable.

Hugs Diane

Pat said...

Two beautifully coloured pages from the planner Kate with lots more to come..hours of enjoyment and am looking forward to seeing them. Great photos of you both and the wonderful scenery around where you live and also a fun photo of your neighbour's sweet little boy in his lovely Halloween costume..so adorable! x